• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the bike but can'tsee how how riding a quad can help .Do I have to push it .

Does anyone else train their liver with massive amounts of alcohol? Not to failure of course! Just many reps to build stamina?

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Just done my second run today, the same route around 2.5 mile. The legs were stiff from yesterday but i powered through and had more left in the tank at the end. 

second run today mate .I don't know how you find the time

im always up early, 4 or 5 hrs a night in bed is suffice for me, to much in life to do than fester in my pit, so off I go for a run around the block, that's if its not pissing down, no good asking for bother at the age of 74, lots of bike riding to,  but what keeps me fit is out in the fields wi dog, 7 days a week, cant beat it, I also think positive, good for the mind, in m,y life I seek adventure not dementia, not enough hrs in the day for me

• Like 6

There is a cracking bloke down the pub who was always so cheerful & a generally polite happy go lucky sort, he lost 8 stone & he does look good, took up running & now he has become a self obsessed attention seeking insecure twat who bores the arse off everyone with his f***ing lack of self confidence ... now figure that one out & they say women are complex?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, Kay said:

There is a cracking bloke down the pub who was always so cheerful & a generally polite happy go lucky sort, he lost 8 stone & he does look good, took up running & now he has become a self obsessed attention seeking insecure twat who bores the arse off everyone with his f***ing lack of self confidence ... now figure that one out & they say women are complex?

Maybe cos now he can see his dick...... ?

I just turned 55, and I'm definitely on the downward slope of life........

I'm 6ft and 15 stone. I've got heart disease and arthritis in my knees and hands, but I'll never give in ! I've played both forms of rugby, boxing, kickboxing and finally gave up Muay Thai at 35. I think that how strong your mind is matters more than whether your body is failing (because they all do, in the end !).

I know a young fella who is constantly ribbing me about being old, worn out and washed up - I tell him " I might be old and slow, but if I catch you, you're in f***ing trouble !" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 08/05/2018 at 19:53, Kerny92 said:

I can graft with the best of them but doing hard exercise is a different ball game, I've always been in decent shape but haven't done any real running in years. I've just done a run with a kid who plays rugby and he was blowing out of his arse. We were going at a good pace for around 20 mins, i still try and run like i used to that's the problem.

I could never get the mindset for running alone, something competitive where you are doing battle against another player was the only thing that motivated me.

Mate of mine took up running and I was talking to him about it the weekend, asked him how he wasn’t bored as f**k but he said once you start to see the results it motivates you to do more.....got to say, he shifted a pile of fat and looks good for it.

I could do with shifting a stone or two myself, I’ve got a decade start on you but I’m still playing football but if I was lighter it would be better still.

• Like 1

Running must be the most mind numbing boring exercise known to man ... I always hated running even a 30 min run would drive me nuts ... strangely I could weight/box/martial art train for hours ....

• Like 4
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I could never get the mindset for running alone, something competitive where you are doing battle against another player was the only thing that motivated me.

Mate of mine took up running and I was talking to him about it the weekend, asked him how he wasn’t bored as f**k but he said once you start to see the results it motivates you to do more.....got to say, he shifted a pile of fat and looks good for it.

I could do with shifting a stone or two myself, I’ve got a decade start on you but I’m still playing football but if I was lighter it would be better still.

The competitive side of things was immense when i used to run at club and county level, it can be very lonely when doing it alone. Nothing better than having battle with someone shoulder to shoulder and seeing them break when pushed to the limit. 

That seems like a lifetime ago now, just wished I'd never discovered drink and stayed on top of my fitness.

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I’ve yet to see a jogger that doesn’t look as miserable as sin!

Most of the ones I see look like they're going to keel over at any second ! All red in the face, huffing and puffing - I thought it was mean from be good for you !

My doctor told me I should take up something that's not too exerting, but got me mildly out of breath on a regular basis.............so I started smoking again !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4