Isn't it fcukin hard! When you weigh 17 stone and haven't done any running for years it must be the hardest thing in the world.

Best thing about it in my younger years i was a Cross Country champion for years on end and ran for Yorkshire. It used to be so easy for me but now it feels like the end of the world! Trouble is i try to run at the pace i did all the years back which is impossible, i do wonder if it's possible to get super fit again at my age.

• Like 1

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the bike but can'tsee how how riding a quad can help .Do I have to push it .

Does anyone else train their liver with massive amounts of alcohol? Not to failure of course! Just many reps to build stamina?

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

Posted Images

What age are you?  If running is to strenuous, try a bike for losing weight, either an exercise bike or mt bike, or walking at pace with a few hills thrown in. The weight should drop off you at first. Obviously cut down on your  calories, less in, more out. 

• Like 3
Just now, cragman said:

What age are you?  If running is to strenuous, try a bike for losing weight, either an exercise bike or mt bike, or walking a pace with a few hills thrown on. The weight should drop off you at first. Obviously cut down on your  calories, less in, more out. 

I'm 33 pal, sprints are better for weight loss I've read but i don't want to overdo it to start with because shin splints are a b*****d. I'll be fine with the running just having a moan.

• Haha 3

The Mrs has started, think it’s called ‘couch 2 5K’ or something! From what I can gather it’s an app and they tell you when to run and when to walk........ she mad for it! 

Being a fat b*stard myself I’d rather go out on the bike for an hour, tried running to shut her up but it killed my knees ?

As has been said the bike is easier. Even if you build up an average level of fitness first on the bike the weight will fall off. You can always go back to the jogging after.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I'm 33 pal, sprints are better for weight loss I've read but i don't want to overdo it to start with because shin splints are a b*****d. I'll be fine with the running just having a moan.

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Try swimming and the bike.... 

Or a nice cup of man the f**k up ? 33 yr old and moaning..... I work with lads in their 20's early 30's they all gym freaks before and after work..... Not a f***ing days work in the cnuts unless its fast Friday and they've had a line ?my one mate and his Mrs are into that insanity work out etc done it 5 times apparently..... Bangs on about eating this and that, this shits bad for you lol, yet he gets a big belly and got to keep training to keep it at bay.... I don't see the point in needing to exercise if you work a physical sort of job and have some self control :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Try swimming and the bike.... 

Or a nice cup of man the f**k up ? 33 yr old and moaning..... I work with lads in their 20's early 30's they all gym freaks before and after work..... Not a f***ing days work in the cnuts unless its fast Friday and they've had a line ?my one mate and his Mrs are into that insanity work out etc done it 5 times apparently..... Bangs on about eating this and that, this shits bad for you lol, yet he gets a big belly and got to keep training to keep it at bay.... I don't see the point in needing to exercise if you work a physical sort of job and have some self control :thumbs:

I can graft with the best of them but doing hard exercise is a different ball game, I've always been in decent shape but haven't done any real running in years. I've just done a run with a kid who plays rugby and he was blowing out of his arse. We were going at a good pace for around 20 mins, i still try and run like i used to that's the problem.

40 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Brisk walk no need to run or jog. 

That would do nothing, I'm grafting at work but can't seem to shift any more weight. I'm not obese or anything but can see the gut getting a little out of control for comfort.

43 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Apart from the bad back? ?

• Haha 1

Kerny sack the long running f**k you up, get skipping ropes an go for it, easy peasy, an also h.i.i.t sprints an stuff, mix it up with pulls up squats, do it on grass, an eat plenty of good fats an proyein, restrict carbs, cut them out alltogether if you can.

Old gnash could set you straight, check out vince gironda, arnie an all the rest of bodybuilders went to him.

He was all natural an eat steak an eggs everyday thats it, check him him hes the father of bodybuilding, wise man.

• Like 2

I do maybe 5 miles 3 times a week,i thought I was fairly fit,couple of weeks ago I was running up and down a runway in 38 degrees heat carrying a 32 kg machine on my back and with the drag of a 28 Msq parachute,my lungs were screaming,i realised then I really do need to get fit.

• Like 1