3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

As you say str 350 is nothing for hopefully 12 or more happy years. And you know what your getting the collies have been hip checked ect not to say the odd one wont develop something bad but same with anything. My 3 grand pony was an avid colicer, my last little pup in 2010 a Staff X Pit died at 15 months of a brain aunursym, but my free to good home pup my hubby got at 5 weeks runty little thing bull/whippet/collie is 10 in dec and touch wood never ailed a thing and still going strong and wanting to gallop hard. Luck of the draw i think. I wasnt aware it was colour dependant tbh. Puppy farm? Erm personally in my own humble opinion id say not as a puppy farm will usually keep dogs/pups in shit conds, churn out several breeds, unable to see parents, arrange to meet somewhere or deliever when you get your pup ect - Hancocks maybe marmite but seem nothing like this. Infact there quite responsible as Sally said she wont allow someone to take 2 pups unless therea a 12month gap between them. To ensure pup gets cared for, trained, adequately. She also tells you the pros and cons of the mix and wont think twice about saying if she dont think the dog would suit your life and wont let em go under 8weeks. So to me this isnt what i personally would class as a puppy farm. Atb ?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

I must be odd then coz i’d pay more for a black & white one as dont like merles personally & cant stand Blue eyes on a dog. Just my preference. Atb

My hubby was SELF and same until he met this :drinks: He lifted him up, looked into his eyes and his first mumbled words were "Oh f**k" ... i knew then he was bought :rofl: and he was VERY anti Merle esp Merles with blue eyes!

• Haha 1

I know this aint really the topic, but it follows on with the colour preference.  Whilst some lighter/paler merles are not my cup of tea, some of the really dark red or blue/black merles are striking looking dogs.  The only colour of dog, whatever the breed, that literally makes me puke , are liver/chocolate or whatever the colour is called, with those sickly, horrible brown noses. ....... :bad:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, FastDogz said:

As you say str 350 is nothing for hopefully 12 or more happy years. And you know what your getting the collies have been hip checked ect not to say the odd one wont develop something bad but same with anything. My 3 grand pony was an avid colicer, my last little pup in 2010 a Staff X Pit died at 15 months of a brain aunursym, but my free to good home pup my hubby got at 5 weeks runty little thing bull/whippet/collie is 10 in dec and touch wood never ailed a thing and still going strong and wanting to gallop hard. Luck of the draw i think. I wasnt aware it was colour dependant tbh. Puppy farm? Erm personally in my own humble opinion id say not as a puppy farm will usually keep dogs/pups in shit conds, churn out several breeds, unable to see parents, arrange to meet somewhere or deliever when you get your pup ect - Hancocks maybe marmite but seem nothing like this. Infact there quite responsible as Sally said she wont allow someone to take 2 pups unless therea a 12month gap between them. To ensure pup gets cared for, trained, adequately. She also tells you the pros and cons of the mix and wont think twice about saying if she dont think the dog would suit your life and wont let em go under 8weeks. So to me this isnt what i personally would class as a puppy farm. Atb ?

iirc it was a failing poultry farm and BP devised a plan for him to farm lurchers which he's done for years. If people think £350 is steep should they really be buying a dog. By the way best of luck with your pup looks a cracker

Edited by Gilbey
missing word
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

iirc it was a failing poultry farm and BP devised a plan for him to farm lurchers which he's done for years. If people think £350 is steep should they really be buying a dog. By the way best of luck your pup looks a cracker

You're right in what you say.  I said similar a couple of years back, in the shooting section.  People moan about payng a certain price for a dog, but think nothing of spending more than a grand for an air rifle, or in many cases with shotguns, fecking thousands, yet begrudge spending a few hundred on a dog that'll last them 12 - 15 years!

And the last few years, the prices of these 'cockerpugs' or whatever crossbred piece of shite, well, anywhere from £600 - £1200.  f***ing madness!!

£300 or thereabouts is peanuts really for a lurcher you can be sure about it's parentage

As long as it aint got a brown nose lol

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

iirc it was a failing poultry farm and BP devised a plan for him to farm lurchers which he's done for years. If people think £350 is steep should they really be buying a dog. By the way best of luck your pup looks a cracker

not getting into the hancock  thing, people will buy what they want at the time, its there money, but the thing about his dogs thats  studs and dams, they never ever get  out there pens, poor b*****ds  are on concrete  24/7.  ok you could by   rubbish lurcher or pup, but if it had few runs or seen the odd rabbit , that 100 times better than what he does  deff. and regards the price  for a dog, i do think £ 350 quid to much for a lurcher , there plenty of lads that work there dogs + exercised  every day  , and  you get good pup or dog  for £120- 150 , both my 2 dogs  that i got of lads on here  cost no more than £ 45 quid , and it was money well spent.:yes:  i see enough of these feckin  cockapoos  that fetch  £ 800 quid     , i tell the owners there same as mine  x breeds  , and tell them the price they were  , there fooked they cant speak   haha .

7 minutes ago, bird said:

not getting into the hancock  thing, people will but what they want at the time, its there money, but the thing about his dogs thats  studs and dams, they never ever get  out there pens, poor b*****ds  are on concrete  24/7.  ok you could by   rubbish lurcher or pup, but if it had few runs or seen the odd rabbit , that 100 times better than what he does  deff. and regards the price  for a dog, i do think £ 350 quid to much for a lurcher , there plenty of lads that work there dogs + exercised  every day  , and  you get good pup or dog  for £120- 150 , both my 2 dogs  that i got of lads on here  cost no more than £ 45 quid , and it was money well spent.:yes:  i see enough of these feckin  cockapoos  that fetch  £ 800 quid     , i tell the owners there same as mine  x breeds  , and tell them the price they were  , there fooked they cant speak   haha .

if you read my posts im against Hancock's. Was more thinking if your dog gets ripped from eye hole to arse hole on wire or something it ain't going to be cheap

Edited by Gilbey
3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

if you read my posts im against Hancock's. Was more thinking if your dog gets ripped from eye hole to arse hole on wire or something it ain't going to be cheap

i see what you mean with overall = feed,vets, injuries , yeh the outlay fair wack of money  52 weeks a year  true, funny  thing i was thinking about old  Bryn the other day, as few dog walkers  i meet  think he looks great  for his age he 11 in sep , he fit and well the old prat jumped a 5 bar gate ,after favorite quarry   tree rats   haha   :D  

How many times  do u see dogs advertised say dog is unauthorised spoilt  and that from so called lurcher men  that haven't  bothered to take it out and I'm not a hancock fan but people  on these sites never say anything  about there mates that don't bother it's all about stick a knife into hancock  I surgestions some of u take a look in the mirror  

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, bird said:

not getting into the hancock  thing, people will buy what they want at the time, its there money, but the thing about his dogs thats  studs and dams, they never ever get  out there pens, poor b*****ds  are on concrete  24/7.  ok you could by   rubbish lurcher or pup, but if it had few runs or seen the odd rabbit , that 100 times better than what he does  deff. and regards the price  for a dog, i do think £ 350 quid to much for a lurcher , there plenty of lads that work there dogs + exercised  every day  , and  you get good pup or dog  for £120- 150 , both my 2 dogs  that i got of lads on here  cost no more than £ 45 quid , and it was money well spent.:yes:  i see enough of these feckin  cockapoos  that fetch  £ 800 quid     , i tell the owners there same as mine  x breeds  , and tell them the price they were  , there fooked they cant speak   haha .

Can first hand say this is NOT true. We were met by Woody, Albus, Bocey and a fair few others frolicking and running loose on the yard. All were free to do as they wished and were steady balanced friendly dogs.

6 minutes ago, FastDogz said:

Can first hand say this is NOT true. We were met by Woody, Albus, Bocey and a fair few others frolicking and running loose on the yard. All were free to do as they wished and were steady balanced friendly dogs.

I have to say, that was true the times I've been there. Many of the dogs were roaming around, and coming up to meet us etc.  Albus in particular, seemed to like my company lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FastDogz said:

It’s still puppy farming , whatever way you wrap it up , they’re not been given away , 

The dogs and bitches are there solely to produce pups , what the hell else can you call it ??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I know this aint really the topic, but it follows on with the colour preference.  Whilst some lighter/paler merles are not my cup of tea, some of the really dark red or blue/black merles are striking looking dogs.  The only clour of dog, whatever the breed, that literally makes me puke , are liver/chocolate or whatever the colour is called, with those sickly, horrible brown noses. ....... :bad:

Got a kennel full of dogs that color ..... Very mellow dogs in general,   compared to different colour litter mates from past experiences. Can't blame a dog because of its colour fella. 

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Got a kennel full of dogs that color ..... Very mellow dogs in general,   compared to different colour litter mates from past experiences. Can't blame a dog because of its colour fella. 

Not blaming any dog for it's colour.  Might well be a worldbeater, I just can't stand the colour

• Haha 1