3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

Haway now you would have bought that dog off any f****r as long as it was the right colour ya not bothered about dogs having shite lives asking as the pretty one you've got gets looked after nicely by you, anyone with eyes can see Hancock is a puppy farmer out to line there pockets no point beating around the bush it is what it is 

Edited by Lowther

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

As Hancock goes at least you know what you're getting but I would never even talk to him never mind buy of them there's better collie greys out there worked and worked hard but there not for me but I have been lucky enough to see a few gooduns and there worth any kennel space  but as for colour feck me I couldn't care if a dog was pink if it can do a job well it will have a good home for life a good collie x  is in my opinion hard to beat as a all rounder 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Lowther said:

Haway now you would have bought that dog off any f****r as long as it was the right colour ya not bothered about dogs having shite lives asking as the pretty one you've got gets looked after nicely by you, anyone with eyes can see Hancock is a puppy farmer out to line there pockets no point beating around the bush it is what it is 

so what ya saying???

3 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

do ya not fink hancock lurchers have proved for generations and known world wide tho mate, they havnt built up a reputation for nowt

I'm not knocking the dogs people on this site have them and have obviously turned out good working dogs but they are farmers how ever you look at it, I'm just saying she would have bought that dog off Jeff Burrell as long as it was the right colour 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lowther said:

Bollocks. I got offered a lovley blue merle for 195 in jan from a guy in durham from dragon driving...why didnt i take it? Oh it had some deerhound somewhere in it. Pets4homes often has meles up cheaper. If id a gone just for colour now i wudnt have drove 6 hours n forked out 350. I knew what i wanted and got what i wanted. Fair play to me. Love or hate hancock me not purchasing a pup isnt gunna put em out of buisness. Forgive me for knowing my own mind. ATB:whistling:

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

No offence buddy but for the amount of pups they turn out I would say genuine hard grafted dogs was a low percentage and I don't think they as a line or whatever through generations have proved anything really 

well I have to disagree mate ive seen them proven, all round, weva they were the small percentage a don't know  

3 minutes ago, FastDogz said:

I could of got a dane, chiuwawa, corgie, collie OR bulldog ALL in pretty merle colours. But they wudnt have been the 3/4 cross i desired.

off the heads these c**ts on here, my mates been a dog man for 40 year and one of the best dogs hes ever had was a hancock used for everything, totally proven and hes had everybreed out there!  

• Like 2
Just now, Steveswans1987 said:

off the heads these c**ts on here, my mates been a dog man for 40 year and one of the best dogs hes ever had was a hancock used for everything, totally proven and hes had everybreed out there!  

Each to there own opinions. I been hancocks, i saw many dogs out if kennels rolling around, barking just been dogs. Dunno about the bitches but same could be said for some on here who knows how many only get let out for the odd nights work and penned in the rest. Who knows. No ones ever gunna agree. But i bet theres many tucking into a pork chop/chicken without giving a f**k where it came from :rofl:

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, FastDogz said:

SO anyway this thread wasnt for a hancock discussion it was simply for people opinions on the 3/4 grey/collie. Trainability, temp, pros, cons ect

well  ok, i think  it will  have enough brain to be bidable , 1/4 collie plenty enough , it feet and coat will be good, and agile enough, prob make 25-26in 60-70lb  i reckon  and should have enough pace and not bad wind, should knock over 20 rabbits in the lamp as a fox dog  pre ban  some do some dont  , and temp   should not be as  manic as what 1xs can be.  if i wanted a collie type lurcher, i have what you got, ive got a 1x collie x grey not hancock  bred from a lad on here, Bryn  1st class rabbit dog in the day , and not bad in the lamp, had many 30s with him when he was younger , he 11  in sep as ive said on here before. i just dont like  to much collie in lurcher, 1/4 would have suited me better , as i not over keen on the collie type temp, but thats just me , ive got on better with my other type lurchers ive had before and there xs .    so yes you should do ok with your dog  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, bird said:

well  ok, i think  it will  have enough brain to be bidable , 1/4 collie plenty enough , it feet and coat will be good, and agile enough, prob make 25-26in 60-70lb  i reckon  and should have enough pace and not bad wind, should knock over 20 rabbits in the lamp , and temp   should not be as  manic as what 1xs can be.  if i wanted a collie type lurcher, i have what you got, ive got a 1x collie x grey not hancock  bred from a lad on here, Bryn  1st class rabbit dog in the day , and not bad in the lamp, had many 30s with him when he was younger , he 11  in sep as ive said on here before. i just dont like  to much collie in lurcher, 1/4 would have suited me better , as i not over keen on the collie type temp, but thats just me , ive got on better with my other type lurchers ive had before and there xs .    so yes you should do ok with your dog  :thumbs:

Cheers bird. I right enjoy your replys, always talk sense. Atb