3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

2 hours ago, Steveswans1987 said:

off the heads these c**ts on here, my mates been a dog man for 40 year and one of the best dogs hes ever had was a hancock used for everything, totally proven and hes had everybreed out there!  

PM me his name mate,i might know him.A guy from sunderland had a fantastic hancock,took 100 fox in a season (just over actually)fallow,roe,hare,the lot,very well known dog in its day.

• Like 1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, mackem said:

PM me his name mate,i might know him.A guy from sunderland had a fantastic hancock,took 100 fox in a season (just over actually)fallow,roe,hare,the lot,very well known dog in its day.

Areet mate itl be the same dog,  a tried to pm you but it says you can't receive it mate.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Steveswans1987 said:

off the heads these c**ts on here, my mates been a dog man for 40 year and one of the best dogs hes ever had was a hancock used for everything, totally proven and hes had everybreed out there!  

not having a pop here, its obviously the farming/peddling alot of people don't like, also believe he sourced good breeding stock in the past now he just takes what greys he can

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, FastDogz said:

SO anyway this thread wasnt for a hancock discussion it was simply for people opinions on the 3/4 grey/collie. Trainability, temp, pros, cons ect

been said before but it depends how your pup comes, could be a merle greyhound or could be more collie brained, that's where the "at least I know what I'm getting" line falls down with dogs imo. My only collie cross was a 1/4 beardie in breeding and looks(and speed?) but id say more in temp, the 1/4 gave him coat, nose, attitude to work blah blah

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

not having a pop here, its obviously the farming/peddling alot of people don't like, also believe he sourced good breeding stock in the past now he just takes what greys he can

aw well everyones entitled to there opinions mate. a cant see the problem like just a lurcher breeder with a good reputation for producing decent rabbit dogs that's it, how does anyone know if hes dogs never go out or work?? a seen a couple of there dogs in there yard one was my dogs sire and they looked fit and healthy mate.

34 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

I am sure you right about the farming thing, I don't like that, dogs aren't like sheep or chickens, they crave human contact and thrive better when they get it, some moan about breading from non working stock, but f1 colly crosses or any cross bred from a greyhound bitch likely only has one working parent at best who ever breads it, how many litters do they breed? what happens to the bitches when there done? and who buys em all? as has been said before you get what it says on the tin, and the pup in the thread im'e sure will be spot on, intensive farming gets loads of stick and rightly so, it s all down to conscience.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

been said before but it depends how your pup comes, could be a merle greyhound or could be more collie brained, that's where the "at least I know what I'm getting" line falls down with dogs imo. My only collie cross was a 1/4 beardie in breeding and looks(and speed?) but id say more in temp, the 1/4 gave him coat, nose, attitude to work blah blah

all merle is is the colour, and its border ya want init for the brains mate

13 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

merle is just the colour of the dog, its the collie init where the brains come from and the speed and ability comes from the greyhound. that's a working dog crossed with a sight hound, that makes what they call a long dog, hancock puppy farms belters al prove it next season for the doubters out there haha :drinks:

4 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

all merle is is the colour, and its border ya want init for the brains mate

merle is just the colour of the dog, its the collie init where the brains come from and the speed and ability comes from the greyhound. that's a working dog crossed with a sight hound, that makes what they call a long dog, hancock puppy farms belters al prove it next season for the doubters out there haha :drinks:

think you missed the point....... Swap merle greyhound for a greyhound with a different name then. Ps that dog of mine was almost human really miss him

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

didn't miss the point mate but no bova :thumbs:  p.s didn't mention ya dog mate but sorry about it anyway!

i know mate, was just meaning beardies borders etc are similar in that department

• Like 1

End of the day thankfully mine will not be required to work. Ive never worked a dog on quarry, id like to have a go at daytime rabbits though. The activities will be leisure no biggy if we fail. Now if id wanted a good dog to work hard on the lamp, teeths and hooves ect id be going to working parents and hoping i could do the dog justice. Farmer, yes maybe as you say when your growing a large number of something your farming it arnt you. But im 36 ive spent the past 15 yrs rescuing, fostering, emerg dogs,  ex track dogs and shock horror the odd worker who was discarded aside the M6 ect im ready to shove my conscience aside a bit, bury my head in the sand a bit and finally get what ive always wanted before im too old. My good is done and i have to say been too nice, caring, guilty, soft gets you no where lets face it youd be chasing the quarry to save it if it did.  ATB

:pardon:

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

15 minutes ago, FastDogz said:

End of the day thankfully mine will not be required to work. Ive never worked a dog on quarry, id like to have a go at daytime rabbits though. The activities will be leisure no biggy if we fail. Now if id wanted a good dog to work hard on the lamp, teeths and hooves ect id be going to working parents and hoping i could do the dog justice. Farmer, yes maybe as you say when your growing a large number of something your farming it arnt you. But im 36 ive spent the past 15 yrs rescuing, fostering, emerg dogs,  ex track dogs and shock horror the odd worker who was discarded aside the M6 ect im ready to shove my conscience aside a bit, bury my head in the sand a bit and finally get what ive always wanted before im too old. My good is done and i have to say been too nice, caring, guilty, soft gets you no where lets face it youd be chasing the quarry to save it if it did.  ATB

:pardon:

strange quote

Struggling to understand whats strange about it Gilbly. Oh f**k it I know what I meant. 

5 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

That's a back track and a half that is ...... So you now know he's a farmer but ignored it and if you wanted one to work hard you wouldn't have got a Hancock....... Glad you've seen sense ? 

Last night I sat for a long time thinking, mulling over. Its all words isnt it. To me a puppy farmer is someone who breeds several breeds, refuses to let you visit, see parents ect, come riddled with health issues, meet half way or deliever with pup..someone shifty shady. Dogs in shit conditions ect. Thats what I personally class a puppy farmer. Hancock definatly from my own humble opinion seemed non of these but google says farming. The activity or buisness of growing crops and raising livestock. So for better want of a word...oh I dont f***ing know. It just gets on my tits when you come on asking a simple Question and people start messing with your head, lording it up what should and should and shudnt be. I didnt ask for anyones views on hancock, or why I chose the pretty colour I asked about the cross regardless of who bred the thing. But this site isnt what it used to be ive been a donator since 2006, used to be full of sound non judgmental advice. Now its just full of people looking for a do =@