3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Collie

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 grey 1/4 collie out of chuckles 1987.Temperament ok obedience very easy to train nose wise excellent.

I was after a 3 quarter greyhound quarter collie couldn’t get one anywhere so when to Hancock the bitch I got suited me fine she works with Gun ferrets lamping good hunter Carnt fault the bitch. 

There's a couple there. My sd card corrupted and I lost a lot of photos.  But there's a few of him. Bullet proof temperament couldn't get better.  And whilst all the other pups was on my fee

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

With the ammount they breed they’d have 100’s of excess pups. Think cut off point is 14wks. Atb

Seen pups on their page older than that before 

1 hour ago, Str said:

I’ve bought a pup off Hancock late 80s and the place was abit of a shit tip but I found David Hancock honest he made no wild claims about his dogs unlike some other dog men,I liked my dog he wasn’t perfect but he could catch rabbits and was trained to a very good level, I don’t know if would buy another from him mainly because of the amount of pups he breeds but I believe a lot of his success is down to the fact he has very little competition,cos let’s be honest there’s some real shite for sale off so called dog men which come complete with a pack of lies about the dogs ability.for me Hancock has just become an easy target as he’s old and inoffensive,some of the flack he gets he deserves but some of it is just a pack of lies.

The flack Hancock,now his daughter,brought and bring upon themselves is the fact that they have set up an industry in the production of Collie bred lurchers.Old man Hancock saw an opportunity and took advantage of it and the folk that don,t have a fecking clue,on the whole.The Hancocks earn reward from producing average lurchers for average lurcher folk,again on the whole.If Between them they must have produced well over a thousand pups?.The vast majority of what they produce is more than suitable for the majority of folk that beat a path to their door,in all the hundreds of puppies they farm out a very small minority will make very useful jukels and their cudos will be enhanced accordingly.The litter wastage from the Hancock kennels is scandalous,you cannot keep blaming all the owners.Ive seen an awful lot of Hancock lurchers owned by an awful lot of owners and id not own one.The folk that get the odd diamond took their chances in the Hancock lottery and came out in front,the majority of owners drew a turd.

Morton, it’s the same with who ever most buy a pup from, most end up with turds because they are not dog men, I know  dozens with terriers, lurcher & especially gun dogs who’s dogs are shite and it’s not the dogs fault.Hancock has produced tens of thousands of pups he’s been at it 30 yrs.

25 minutes ago, morton said:

The flack Hancock,now his daughter,brought and bring upon themselves is the fact that they have set up an industry in the production of Collie bred lurchers.Old man Hancock saw an opportunity and took advantage of it and the folk that don,t have a fecking clue,on the whole.The Hancocks earn reward from producing average lurchers for average lurcher folk,again on the whole.If Between them they must have produced well over a thousand pups?.The vast majority of what they produce is more than suitable for the majority of folk that beat a path to their door,in all the hundreds of puppies they farm out a very small minority will make very useful jukels and their cudos will be enhanced accordingly.The litter wastage from the Hancock kennels is scandalous,you cannot keep blaming all the owners.Ive seen an awful lot of Hancock lurchers owned by an awful lot of owners and id not own one.The folk that get the odd diamond took their chances in the Hancock lottery and came out in front,the majority of owners drew a turd.

How many bitchs was he keeping on average at any given time.

10 hours ago, Str said:

Morton, it’s the same with who ever most buy a pup from, most end up with turds because they are not dog men, I know  dozens with terriers, lurcher & especially gun dogs who’s dogs are shite and it’s not the dogs fault.Hancock has produced tens of thousands of pups he’s been at it 30 yrs.

I think your like me,An  think 30 year ago is 1970 ,it’s 2018 now 

they were selling pups when I was at school an I passed my driving test in 92??

this is not a thread I would normally post on, I know nothing of collie crosses and nothing of hancock, but I would ask what did fastdogz think of their place and conditions for pups, and surely a commercial dog breading enterprise such as this will be subject to strict welfare rules.

6 hours ago, two crows said:

this is not a thread I would normally post on, I know nothing of collie crosses and nothing of hancock, but I would ask what did fastdogz think of their place and conditions for pups, and surely a commercial dog breading enterprise such as this will be subject to strict welfare rules.

I havnt been yet. Hoping to have a look round this Saturday and to meet the Pup. So many mixed views but what the fact they say you can  visit any day between 9.30 - 4.30 no appointment ect essential would tell me theyve nothing to hide. Spoke to a lot who says there animals are fit and healthy, clean conditions, well fed but not exercised much. Here is pup as he is now at 4 week old. 

I wouldn't be picking a pup till I had seen it.. colour is the last thing add be worried about,a good out going confident pup is what I be looking for from a Hancock pup..

• Like 2