Wild boar bit mans fingertip off

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The likes of that video is a lot of what's wrong with fieldsports nowadays. By calling that sport it makes people think that's what sport is. Nowadays lads think infra-red, night vision, electric call

Nothing a bottle of lucozade won't fix

good job he wasnt having a piss  . could have bit his todger off.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Their feral hogs are domestic types that like greyman said get hairier,

but to confuse matters  people did import Russian wild boar for their size and some of them have escaped the shooting ranches,they are squat more in shape,more powerful,and have longer snouts .

& will crossbreed ;)

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Am I the only one who thinks that story is fake news and picture is photoshopped. Is there any official confirmation it happened.

Im not saying its fake, but.. I cant see how its happened, seen a few dogs opened up, long and short cuts, but how a single finger? Ive got some close up of boars that we've penned up at my mates farm aswell as seen my share of dead boar, the teeth are pointed - granted an edge to the too, I dont see how it happened.

In the video Neil put up, been on my arse a few times after getting charged. body goes one way legs go another! fought them off with nothing but my welly clad feet. Killed a few with the knife, even small ones are amazingly strong.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

i no longer use BST 223's on pigs.its 7.62x39's or 308.

400gr Nosler Partitions in .45-70 out of lever actions, when we were out in AZ. Puts the f*ck*rs down and you don't have to worry about hitting someone in the next county! Shoulder still has the bruising! :laugh:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Is it not true that there is a bit of difference between a Hog and a Boar? I mean, most these Yank, Aussie and Kiwi hog doggers are hunting feral hogs right, domestic breeds of pig that went feral years ago and have bred sustainable in the wild since. Are they really the same animal as a European Wild Boar? The sort of animal you'll find in Germany etc.

I see a lot of videos of Yank/Aus/Kiwi hog doggers making light work of a pig. I don't see many videos of the Europeans doing the same with one of their pigs.

We do have wild boar down here in Kent/east Sussex. I have boar on ticket with win 270. The hogs seen on these videos are not the same as we have down here. firstly they are very clever and secretive. Until they start ripping up fields you wouldn't know that were around. They are very fast, strong and potentially life threatening when put in a situation. Anyone who thinks that they are going to put dogs on these is living in la la land. Generally few will ever encounter them and fewer will take one. one night we drove into a field and a big bore (waists high, probably near 500 lbs) was just standing there looking at us, before we could get out of the truck,  It raced off across the field.  If you were on a pushbike it would have come past you. The pig in that video was nothing like over here. That was about like spearing a sheep in comparison to a lion. They're all ladding it up  but if they ended up with an injury like those pictures they wouldn't be so happy right out in the middle of nowhere. Like I wrote boar aren't generally  dangerous.  Just don't go stirring one up with dogs. I did hear of one dog man that knew better and three dogs were killed and two more so badly injured that they nearly had to be put down. Although some people  have done it. 

This is the way to deal with boar.

• Like 3

And for anyone that is contemplating tackling a proper sized wild boar remember this. When left alone they're no real problem but if you do stir them up they aren't feared to come and have a go at killing you. Watch this vid somewhere about 3/4 through. Matey gets charged and has come off ir and go white and take it off the end of the barrel. I bet that made him tighten his ring piece up a bit.

13 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

400gr Nosler Partitions in .45-70 out of lever actions, when we were out in AZ. Puts the f*ck*rs down and you don't have to worry about hitting someone in the next county! Shoulder still has the bruising! :laugh:

Marlin lever action in 45-70 with some sort of red dot optic, love one for bush hunting. Be murder on the fallow when ya get a small herd lift in hazel coppice! :laugh:

• Haha 1