Wild boar bit mans fingertip off

7 hours ago, Meece said:

And for anyone that is contemplating tackling a proper sized wild boar remember this. When left alone they're no real problem but if you do stir them up they aren't feared to come and have a go at killing you. Watch this vid somewhere about 3/4 through. Matey gets charged and has come off ir and go white and take it off the end of the barrel. I bet that made him tighten his ring piece up a bit.

https://outdoors360.com/video-hunter-takes-charging-boar-spear/

Proper! Team of yappers and a f**k off staby thing, sign me up!

• Haha 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The likes of that video is a lot of what's wrong with fieldsports nowadays. By calling that sport it makes people think that's what sport is. Nowadays lads think infra-red, night vision, electric call

Nothing a bottle of lucozade won't fix

good job he wasnt having a piss  . could have bit his todger off.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

How ?

I know it has to be done but it's not sport, it's pest control with American bullshit glamorizing it.

you are correct

its the only way of dealing with the pigs effectively

thats the entertaining way about it all

wait til you see the vids of pigs and tannerite,then there is cause for concern.

there is no sport in the slaughtering of pigs in america.plus its a massive industry in clients wanting to do it also.

EDIT

here in sask we are over run with them,they are a huge problem here for farmers.

they sask gov had to pass laws on the hunting of them.

basically you can only hunt them during daytime hours with the land owners permission

what you cant do is

hunt with dogs

trap or poison them

hunt of a night

use a motorised vehicle to hunt for them

use a drone to locate them

yet the government insist these laws will help to reduce the pig numbers

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 2

The likes of that video is a lot of what's wrong with fieldsports nowadays. By calling that sport it makes people think that's what sport is. Nowadays lads think infra-red, night vision, electric calls, high powered lamps and scopes and high powered automatic weapons is how you go out in the countryside and use your wits to beat your quarry's wits.

If you handed the same lads a snare or a ferret and purse nets or a single hunting dog they'd come home empty handed because of their lack of gadgets.

Pest control in this modern world is a must but sadly nowadays gadget geeks can get it done instead of the man who knows his quarry's ways and habits.

• Like 16
11 hours ago, Meece said:

And for anyone that is contemplating tackling a proper sized wild boar remember this. When left alone they're no real problem but if you do stir them up they aren't feared to come and have a go at killing you. Watch this vid somewhere about 3/4 through. Matey gets charged and has come off ir and go white and take it off the end of the barrel. I bet that made him tighten his ring piece up a bit.

Somehow I forgot to ad the vid link to the original post.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2018 at 13:38, Ted Newgent said:

there is no sport in the slaughtering of pigs in america.

As always I think YouTube isn't the best gauge of sportsmanship when it comes to Yank hunters. I don't think it's reflective of the majority.

On 1/13/2018 at 13:38, Ted Newgent said:

here in sask we are over run with them,they are a huge problem here for farmers.

they sask gov had to pass laws on the hunting of them.

basically you can only hunt them during daytime hours with the land owners permission

what you cant do is

hunt with dogs

trap or poison them

hunt of a night

use a motorised vehicle to hunt for them

use a drone to locate them

yet the government insist these laws will help to reduce the pig numbers

Numbers on the Arizona strip are now believed to be in low hundreds and they're scattered around making tracking difficult without dogs. Saying that there is little restriction on methods because AZ Fish and Game want them gone. No tags. No permits. No worries. Even as an out of state hunter I could have a drive down there and crack on. It's a tough hunt though. Mojave desert is rough country.

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

The helicopter shooting doesn't look sporting,but I think if offered we would all like to have a go.

Nope, I walked through a hedge yesterday and beside me were two Hinds who just sat there looking at me. The farmer would have thanked me for taking them out. 

But why ? What would I have done ? Killed a freezer load of venison just for the hell of it ? 

That is not why I go hunting .

• Like 2