Sign in to follow this  
trigger2

Would You Take The Fence

Firstly it would depend on who's fence it is legally. Then how would you go about it? Sounds like you need it until you move to keep your dogs in your garden so you can't really take it until moving day and I'm sure the new owners will have something to say about it.

Fences and boundaries cause nothing but arguments anyway.

true dave, i would say to the neighbour i leaving/moving on this date , you owe me what ever it is £quids , so i am giving plenty of notice , so i want the money on that day no excuses :yes: . now if it all goes through and you deff get that other house , and a moving date , and you tell the person next door, and they had plenty of time to get the money, if on the date you move go round for money if they haven't been before and ask for it then, if they give bull shit why no money,( just laugh in there face) and walk away , put it down to experience , and enjoy your new home , and next time regards and money adventure with other people, do like been said only do some thing with money up front simple as that trig . ps laughing in somebody face can feck them up, remeber me telling you about that big bullying builder who picked on few people where lived before , he threatened to brake my nose the one day, i said i am not bothered about that , move your feckin truck from in front of my car , or i will revise my car in to your truck and keep doing until you do , he shut up and moved his truck, suppose good job really , he was big prat he have killed me, and i ain't that small lol , chill trig forget it mate .

Your gonna need concrete evidence its yours

theres something in the back of my mind telling me ive got the paperwork for the fence here somwhere. i wrote both myself and the neighbour a copy of a brocken down bill and payment plan. ive just got to find it

I'd ask them for the money they owed give them deadline to pay in full (well before move out date) if they weren't forth coming, I'd be out with my chainsaw and lot would be down & burnt , and I'd make sure they saw me doing it..

Your gonna need concrete evidence its yours

theres something in the back of my mind telling me ive got the paperwork for the fence here somwhere. i wrote both myself and the neighbour a copy of a brocken down bill and payment plan. ive just got to find it

Lol just a pun trig hope you sort it bud i see what your saying. They didnt pay why the uck should they benefit. Defo get round and tell them. Pay or its comin down let it settle in there mind for a bit. See what appens. Well worth a try pal

Get down the local waste ground get a carrier bag of Japanese knot weed roots.

Dig a 6" narrow trench along the fence line chuck a few roots in and neatly cover over.

Both the knotweed and you will enjoy your new house.job done.

• Like 2

:hmm:it's a difficult situation...

Nobody likes being done over, used or abused,..sadly, every time I have taken steps to secure retribution,..it has always ended badly... :yes:

If you rip down the fence, it could be construed, as being criminal damage,..and Judge Rinder will surely take the poor neighbor's side.

Personally, I would put it down to experience, and walk away, knowing in your heart of hearts, that "You won't get fooled again"... :thumbs:

• Like 1

I ripped out hedges and put up a 6 foot double slatted fence right round the back. This was so the dog wasn't looking through as both neighbours have cats and the back is farmland and has sheep. All was great wood was treated. Now this summer I put fresh two coats of treatment on my side. However I never done the neighbours sides. I'm in a dilemma as I don't want the wood to rot and although they are elderly one has an unemployed son and grandson and they are constantly hanging about her house but would never think to lift a finger and paint it or cut her grass etc. Should I paint it or leave it. I don't see it tbh so it doesn't bother me and my sides well treated but I paid for the lot so don't like seeing it going to waste

Ask the old girl if she wants her grass cut and her fence painted?

What's the harm in squaring her away mate

• Like 1

I ripped out hedges and put up a 6 foot double slatted fence right round the back. This was so the dog wasn't looking through as both neighbours have cats and the back is farmland and has sheep. All was great wood was treated. Now this summer I put fresh two coats of treatment on my side. However I never done the neighbours sides. I'm in a dilemma as I don't want the wood to rot and although they are elderly one has an unemployed son and grandson and they are constantly hanging about her house but would never think to lift a finger and paint it or cut her grass etc. Should I paint it or leave it. I don't see it tbh so it doesn't bother me and my sides well treated but I paid for the lot so don't like seeing it going to waste

I used to cut the grass and hedge when it was up and her grandson asked me to stop as she's elderly the council cut it so if they saw it was getting cut now and again aoparently they would stop so I stopped which I suppose makes sense as I only cut hers every other time. I ripped the hedges out and put up a treated fence that a double slatted. I want to paint it So it doesn't get wasted but the fact her son and grandson are there daily smoking and hanging abiut and wouldn't think avout touching it annoys me Edited by Rusty_terrier

Mate of min tore down some hedges, put new post an rail fence in his council garden an then took it down when he moved, was no neighbours as was end of block house but council then billed him for leaving garden unsecured, sobest check an double check everything

• Like 1

I used to cut the grass and hedge when it was up and her grandson asked me to stop as she's elderly the council cut it so if they saw it was getting cut now and again aoparently they would stop so I stopped which I suppose makes sense as I only cut hers every other time. I ripped the hedges out and put up a treated fence that a double slatted. I want to paint it So it doesn't get wasted but the fact her son and grandson are there daily smoking and hanging abiut and wouldn't think avout touching it annoys me
If it is to your advantage I would volunteer to paint it for her!
  • Like 1

Maybe they dont wanna be cheeky an paint your fence rusty?? Maybe the ole dear is too old an the other family members are wasters?? I know iv got an old granny up road an she surrounded by leeches an wasters, I try an get up an do as much as I can but I know she dont like it coz it makes rest look lazy snidey fcukers, either but the paint an have a word with the grandson to paint it, chuck him a tenner or summat or just do it ya self mate an feel better knowing it done

Edited by W. Katchum

Give them chance to square up then take the fence......even if it is more hassle than its worth

• Like 1