Four Serving British Soldiers Arrested On Suspicion Of Terror Offences

What makes them terrorists? Other than that the government say so....

They've been charged under the Terrorism Act for being members of a proscribed terror organisation. That's what make them suspected of being terrorists. Obviously they're innocent until proven guilty but what else would you call someone convicted of offenses under the Terrorism Act if not a terrorist?

I'll assume my intentions for asking that question went over your head and that you're not intentionally being obtuse. What's the justification for making the organisation a "proscribed terror organisation"?

As your man has previously stated in the House of Commons, holding extremist views should not be illegal in itself.

I'd imagine the same justification that was used to ban all the other proscribed groups but you'd have to ask Amber Rudd really, it wasn't me that proscribed the group and I don't really agree with the Government stepping in to ban these groups anyway TBH I can't see what good it does they just regroup under different names as we've seen with Al-Muhajiroun etc.

Doesn't change the fact that if you decide to join a proscribed terror organisation folk are going to call you a terrorist though ;)

I'm a bit sceptical of the application of it when I think it's being used as an excuse to infringe an individuals freedom of speech/belief. Other folks are welcome to call them terrorists, I want to see some significant evidence of the tactical use of violence in their MO before I jump on board with it.

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Hunting Life's resident Britain hater must have been licking his chops posting this.

Another government publicity stunt to to appease the population of London, Birmingham etc......no different to Blair sending ex soldiers to prison for things that happened 40 years ago in Ireland so h

Gutted they didn't reduce a mosque to rubble!

I don't support any terrorists and I certainly wouldn't openly support a proscribed terror organisation.

You've shown support for antifa
Where and when have I done that then? :hmm:

And they're not a proscribed terror organisation anyway :laugh:

American authorities label them domestic terrorists

So you don't support then and obviously condemning what they do

In June 2015 a 26 yr old who said he was a member carried out an attack and was prosecuted for attempted murder. But that's all I'm seeing.

I just don't know how you can label the organisation 'terrorists' when they really have very little in the way of the use of violence as a political tool. That's fairly key. They have some very extremist views but in a liberal democracy that should NOT be legislated against!

Who told you we were living in a Liberal Democracy my friend?........didn't you get the memo? Lol

• Like 3

Serving their country

I say they Nationalists nothing more nothing less.

Has this so called terrorist group killed anyone ?

Maimed anyone ?

Planted or set off any explosive devices ?

Your appeasing and looking for a reaction to suit your left wing so called progressive agenda again Big Gay Dave

Shame on YOU .

What they are is probably silly young men who happened to log on (exactly as Stiffneister said) to the web page of this particular group of fuckwits.......maybe went a bit further and thought it was clever to chops off about it or express the views of these people and got f****d in the arse for it.

As I have said many times, much too easy to deal with these groups.

• Like 1

Serving their country

I say they Nationalists nothing more nothing less.

Has this so called terrorist group killed anyone ?

Maimed anyone ?

Planted or set off any explosive devices ?

Your appeasing and looking for a reaction to suit your left wing so called progressive agenda again Big Gay Dave

Shame on YOU .

Well they'll be "serving their country" from a jail cell if they're convicted while I'm walking the streets a free man. The world just isn't fair is it? :laugh:

9 pages on children being raped by your mates and yet no shock,horror or disgust and you come on and say you don't agree with them being branded terrorists yet your full of shock and horror, you really are lower than a snakes stomach and would stoop to any low to try and score a silly little political point,
  • Like 7

Gutted they didn't reduce a mosque to rubble!

Openly declaring your support for a terrorist organisation on a public forum probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Publicly showing your support for a political party that are anti hunting on a HUNTING forum is pretty dumb!

• Like 1

I don't support any terrorists and I certainly wouldn't openly support a proscribed terror organisation.

You've shown support for antifa

Where and when have I done that then? :hmm:

And they're not a proscribed terror organisation anyway :laugh:

I remember you're posts from the thread when that c**t mcguiness pegged out!

you were far from pleased

• Like 1

In a western democracy , you'd think it fair to hold what political views you want,

Unfortunately there's an internationalist agenda that makes being proud of who you are and wanting to defend it ,a crime....until next time there's a big war and they want our sons to die then the powers that be will encourage nationalism and flag waving.

Be it right left or centre there's bad governments be that Hitler Stalin or any of the shower of shit that's run the UK into the ground since the 50's.

I wouldn't be so naive to think that ANY political party give a flying fcuk about anyone other than keeping the gravy train running.

The only people that really want change is young idealists ,who then get promoted and jump on the train with the rest of the parasites.

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

• Like 5

Bgd is an attention seeker pure and simple. He probably doesn't even vote labour, I picture him as a sad lowlife spending all day on the computer while living on daddies money. Has anybody off here ever met the guy? If he partakes in any field sports I'm a Norwegian herring fisherman....

• Like 2

BGD have you been slapped by a squaddie in the past as you seem to have a real hatred for British soldiers and can't wait to jump on any negative story printed in the media .....

Nah, his old granda was a provo sympathizer and can't stand the English.......that's where that comes from so I get that bit.

• Like 1

In June 2015 a 26 yr old who said he was a member carried out an attack and was prosecuted for attempted murder. But that's all I'm seeing.

I just don't know how you can label the organisation 'terrorists' when they really have very little in the way of the use of violence as a political tool. That's fairly key. They have some very extremist views but in a liberal democracy that should NOT be legislated against!

He wasn't a member,he'd bought a flag (or some other piece of merchandise) off their website and attacked some Asian doctor in a supermarket.

Their leader was on a podcast just a few days prior to them being proscribed a terrorist group and said that they intended to copy a Russian movement called 'occupy paedophilia' and that was apparently a step too far.

Edited by neems

He wasn't a member,he'd bought a flag (or some other piece of merchandise) off their website and attacked some Asian doctor in a supermarket.

Their leader said on a podcast just a few days prior to them being proscribed a terrorist group and said that they intended to copy a Russian movement called 'occupy paedophilia' and that was apparently a step too far.

I expect there was a few too many skeletons and having a far right tinge made it easy to silence them