18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Exactly, predators don't get much smarter than the fox and like you say they are vulnerable to getting killed by cars. 

Greyman has even spoke of folk who claim to have nearly hit a big cat, if that was true then that's evidence that they don't understand the green cross code.

So again, why no road casualties? 

Fox population... 357 000

Cat population 250!! ?

I don't give f@@k either way on this topic mate and I'm not looking for an argument or anything.

The numbers side of things could have something to do with it perhaps??

• Like 3

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Just now, Bush Rummager said:

Fox population... 357 000

Cat population 250!! ?

I don't give f@@k either way on this topic mate and I'm not looking for an argument or anything.

The numbers side of things could have something to do with it perhaps??

Where are you getting 250 from? ?

Again, these experts claim they have nearly hit one, if that is true then you would expect casualties. 

I've seen a puma up close when I was camping, bow hunting about 30 years ago in the mountains not far from Sydney. I was cooking some chops on dusk on a camp fire when I saw a tawny animal pacing behind the fire, thinking it was a dingo I picked up a big branch to chase it off, As I got close it ran at me and I realized it was a big cat, I think it was trying to scare me from the food rather than attack. I went and got in the truck and it went back into the bush. I've seen a lot of pics of " panthers" which are just really big ferals, usually black. I'm always open minded now about sightings but have never seen pics of genuine big cats in Oz but I know they do exist here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, king said:

There's a fox earth 0.4 mile from my house 8min walk away..the last few days 3 cubs can be clearly seen playing in the grass..I can even squeek them into about 30ft away..while watching them..

Now why haven't any big cat cubs been reported in the uk..they ain't experts at hiding at that age.

The odds of nearly hitting a big cat in the uk have got to be similar odds to winning the lottery..

And yet both lads who are doing a uk big cat documentary claim to have nearly hit one..

4202041_Screenshot_20210515-1006062.png.b656a57c2eb09cb97b598102625eed8e.png

Again bollocks, unless it was a black jaguar then a black leopard wouldn't dwarf a German Shepherd. 

Little fibs like that just cry out bullshit. 

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Again bollocks, unless it was a black jaguar then a black leopard wouldn't dwarf a German Shepherd. 

Little fibs like that just cry out bullshit. 

It is food for thought mate..

An estimated 10 million dogs in the uk..

How many reports of people saying my dog was carried away by a big cat in the uk..none 

And the back patting continues, about 3 million pages back Forest of Dean redneck told you he came to one of our talks and saw pics of the remains of a dog that had been taken and consumed, there are more but if we keep on choosing to forget anything of any significance we are told you will just have to conclude I,m a liar, so please feel free to continue with your roundabout life’s it must be like Groundhog Day for some people, only 3 people on here have had the decency to meet me or come out with me and I don’t think any of them would conclude I,m lying ??

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

You see, here is a typical example of someone that just ignores everything they are told and attempts to wear you down through repetition, the Californian highways are 6/8 lanes wide divide the state into little squares and have no underpasses or bridges, one nature corridor has been built over the freeway which has cut down 98% of road deaths,just a few pages back a guy that lives there stated he has never seen a dead puma on the road but is totally ignored within three pages, it’s incredible and infuriating how short a brain capacity certain people have, which is why this and many other threads are just completely ruined by those same little group of cackling parrots who keep patting one another on the back for repeating a weak argument over and over again, I will now bow out here as nothing will be gained apart from the usual people crying that I,m being nasty to them, because they have bored the tits off me ??

i think people are genuinely interested but you have not come up with any concrete evidence to prove any big cat exist in the uk ,it's all hear say

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've seen a puma up close when I was camping, bow hunting about 30 years ago in the mountains not far from Sydney. I was cooking some chops on dusk on a camp fire when I saw a tawny animal pacing behind the fire, thinking it was a dingo I picked up a big branch to chase it off, As I got close it ran at me and I realized it was a big cat, I think it was trying to scare me from the food rather than attack. I went and got in the truck and it went back into the bush. I've seen a lot of pics of " panthers" which are just really big ferals, usually black. I'm always open minded now about sightings but have never seen pics of genuine big cats in Oz but I know they do exist here.

There are people in aus that do the same as us and have also made a film about it, there are links to it I think on the podcast mate if you want a look ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There are people in aus that do the same as us and have also made a film about it, there are links to it I think on the podcast mate if you want a look ?

Whats that got to do with Big Cats in the UK???

4 minutes ago, greg64 said:

i think people are genuinely interested but you have not come up with any concrete evidence to prove any big cat exist in the uk ,it's all hear say

What would you actually like to see there is a video on the podcast of a 2ft tall cat confirmed running down a tree, I,ve just put up scat pics that were dna tested and came back as leopard, I,ve stuck up a vets X-ray of a shot lynx a photo of a shot lynx,  there is a documetuary about to be released with university lecturers demonstrating the science of tooth pit analysis and why the bone samples provided to them were consumed by large felines, I do this for a hobby for myself and to aid those interested in gathering the data and building a case, I think many of you will need the bbc to tell you it’s true before you can comprehend what is actually going on, now I really must go as this is doing nothing for anyone except keeping a few housebound keyboard experts entertained ??

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Deker said:

Whats that got to do with Big Cats in the UK???

Have I done something to offend you, you seem to want to provoke a row for some reason, I was trying to reply to someone that saw one in Australia as they have the same situation over there as we do here, it’s not that hard to get your head round is it surely, now for the last time if there is nothing of any relevance to be discussed I really must away ?

We would like to see real evidence..

Like the big cat you said you was picking up..a picture of you holding it in your arms would do..real proper evidence..

The university could of been handed some bones from a big cat owner in the uk..so yes they would obviously say it's bite marks from a big cat..that would be them telling the truth...and real easy to send them bones form a big cat owner..

well maybe if you showed us the dna report on the scats would be a start and as for the two foot tall cat i saw a maine coon cat the last time i was at the vets and it was huge at least 18 inches high this thing was in a dog crate 

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

What would you actually like to see there is a video on the podcast of a 2ft tall cat confirmed running down a tree, I,ve just put up scat pics that were dna tested and came back as leopard, I,ve stuck up a vets X-ray of a shot lynx a photo of a shot lynx,  there is a documetuary about to be released with university lecturers demonstrating the science of tooth pit analysis and why the bone samples provided to them were consumed by large felines, I do this for a hobby for myself and to aid those interested in gathering the data and building a case, I think many of you will need the bbc to tell you it’s true before you can comprehend what is actually going on, now I really must go as this is doing nothing for anyone except keeping a few housebound keyboard experts entertained ??

Stop getting defensive and insulting people who are asking fair and reasonable questions. 

Like has been said, so far it's all hearsay and word of mouth. 

These people claiming to have seen them obviously want it confirming or else they wouldn't come forward. 

If I saw what I believed to be a big cat and didn't want anyone to know the last thing I would do is tell anybody, plus I wouldn't need the opinion of another to confirm what I'd seen. 

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, king said:

We would like to see real evidence..

Like the big cat you said you was picking up..a picture of you holding it in your arms would do..real proper evidence..

The university could of been handed some bones from a big cat owner in the uk..so yes they would obviously say it's bite marks from a big cat..that would be them telling the truth...and real easy to send them bones form a big cat owner..

That's the thing for me, who knows what great  lengths some of these nutjobs are willing to go to. 

Lengths such has offering money to zoos and such to buy the corpse of a deceased big cat, paying for carcasses that have been partially devoured by a big cat, asking for stool samples of big cats, etc. 

I wouldn't put it past some people. 

Edited by Greb147
  • paulus locked this topic