• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But they do get filmed and caught hence the brilliant trophy specimen pictured above. 

Yep true, but i would bet there is a far larger % of the population here that hunts, (and owns trail cams etc) compared to the uk. On the flip side though, there is an awful lot more wild, remote areas here as well....

I always hold civil conversations, I just wish you could be as adult. The cat in the caravan was a cat, not a cougar or a leopard.

The only reason you dislike my contribution to the subject is that it demonstrates the fact that it is very unlikely any big cats survive in the UK.

I put jokey posts up as I don't take it to seriously, you insult people because you do take it to seriously. 

8 hours ago, sandymere said:

I put jokey posts up as I don't take it to seriously, you insult people because you do take it to seriously. 

To be fair hes bound to take it seriously . Id be disappointed in a guy who set trail cams and podcasts etc that didnt

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

To be fair hes bound to take it seriously . Id be disappointed in a guy who set trail cams and podcasts etc that didnt

I was referring to the forum posts rather than the subject.

As to the subject I take it seriously enough to speak to highway verge clearance and council workers etc and evaluate the evidence honestly.?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I was referring to the forum posts rather than the subject.

As to the subject I take it seriously enough to speak to highway verge clearance and council workers etc and evaluate the evidence honestly.?

Have they or know of anyone who has picked up a big cat body.or anything similar mate..

10 hours ago, king said:

Have they or know of anyone who has picked up a big cat body.or anything similar mate..

No, the fella that works with the team cutting back the trees etc along the A361 has found all-sorts, polecats, otters, mink, etc in various states of decay and of course domestic cats a plenty but never any other type of cat and that runs right across north Devon on moors, pasture and woodlands, lots of deer, mainly red and Roe plus occasional fallow even the odd Muntjack. The fellas that are responsible for picking up bodies in the local town, surrounding villages and local roads, if they are a nuisance, haven't had any either. Although this is a small part of the country it supposedly has a decent population but the main point is that if they found one they're not the sort to keep it quiet, quite the opposite they'd go for their 5 minutes of fame and I expect that would likely be much the same across the country.

The reality is that if a cougar or black panther was lying by the side of a road it would be all over social media in no time, it would be taken to a lab and studied to ascertain if it was born here, if it had spent time in captivity etc etc. Unless it was proven to be a recent release or escapee it could well prove their existence but.... as we know that road kill is a major cause of death to big cats in all their populations from India to America, that have roads running through their territories, then the absence of road kills in the UK is very telling. Everywhere else that has populations of big cats like leopards or pumas have road kill and with our density of busy roads in the UK, if they were about, some would end up as road kill.

Combine that with all the camera traps spotted across the countryside, NV, lampers, dash cams, CCTV etc etc if there were a population of big cats in the UK it would be common knowledge, much as its common knowledge they have Pumas wandering the suburbs of the USA and Leopards wandering the cities and towns of India and as with those places they would be filmed, collared, tracked and studies to the nth degree.

People report sightings but we know that the human eye is easily fooled and just isn't reliable, we see an image that is made in our brains and adapted to what we see rather than what we actually see so people don't set out to mislead, they report what they saw in all honesty but that doesn't mean that they really saw a big cat. And again with modern technology we'd be getting good visual images, a mother cougar chasing a group of hikers would be on someones phone and again all over social media or worse still someone getting mauled, everything gets videoed nowadays.

There will always be fakers and with modern technology fakes can be very believable, be it pictures or footprints etc, I could get some leopard shite or a few hairs or claim to have seen one for my 5 minutes of fame but a body can't be faked and that's why we don't get them.

Edited by sandymere
spelling edit.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

No, the fella that works with the team cutting back the trees etc along the A361 has found all-sorts, polecats, otters, mink, etc in various states of decay and of course domestic cats a plenty but never any other type of cat and that runs right across north Devon on moors, pasture and woodlands, lots of deer, mainly red and Roe plus occasional fallow even the odd Muntjack. The fellas that are responsible for picking up bodies in the local town, surrounding villages and local roads, if they are a nuisance, haven't had any either. Although this is a small part of the country it supposedly has a decent population but the main point is that if they found one they're not the sort to keep it quiet, quite the opposite they'd go for their 5 minutes of fame and I expect that would likely be much the same across the country.

The reality is that if a cougar or black panther was lying by the side of a road it would be all over social media in no time, it would be taken to a lab and studied to ascertain if it was born here, if it had spent time in captivity etc etc. Unless it was proven to be a recent release or escapee it could well prove their existence but.... as we know that road kill is a major cause of death to big cats in all their populations from India to America, that have roads running through their territories, then the absence of road kills in the UK is very telling. Everywhere else that has populations of big cats like leopards or pumas have road kill and with our density of busy roads in the UK, if they were about, some would end up as road kill.

Combine that with all the camera traps spotted across the countryside, NV, lampers, dash cams, CCTV etc etc if there were a population of big cats in the UK it would be common knowledge, much as its common knowledge they have Pumas wandering the suburbs of the USA and Leopards wandering the cities and towns of India and as with those places they would be filmed, collared, tracked and studies to the nth degree.

People report sightings but we know that the human eye is easily fooled and just isn't reliable, we see an image that is made in our brains and adapted to what we see rather than what we actually see so people don't set out to mislead, they report what they saw in all honesty but that doesn't mean that they really saw a big cat. And again with modern technology we'd be getting good visual images, a mother cougar chasing a group of hikers would be on someones phone and again all over social media or worse still someone getting mauled, everything gets videoed nowadays.

There will always be fakers and with modern technology fakes can be very believable, be it pictures or footprints etc, I could get some leopard shite or a few hairs or claim to have seen one for my 5 minutes of fame but a body can't be faked and that's why we don't get them.

Cracking post mate..and I totally agree with all of that...decades and decades people have been reporting sightings..yet not a single body after all this time...

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic