Favourite Quarry

As above, what was people's favourite quarry to hunt, and why, when we still had a bit of freedom to do it?

I know, but it's already been a pretty long summer! :sorry: lol

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To compare the courage of a 80lb bull cross snapping a fox apart with that a 14lb terrier going to a big dog fox after xmas is something surely most on the site will have left behind?   I can't be

has to be a fox for me

Definitely fox. We used to meet in the cafe at 7 have a breakfast then on to a mate of mine who had a small pack of beagles and we d go to different farms and estates pushing woods and cover. There wa

Posted Images

its always nice to get few rabbits , as prob of all the game meat hare,deer, rabbits for me the best taste , pre ban if either of these got up it was good sport for your dog .But suppose a fox would be my favorite , as you never really know if the dog could catch it, they are crafty will try anything to confuse a dog, and can twist/turn , near as good as a hare :yes: yep a fox good quarry day/night :thumbs: , pity with this feckin ban :censored:

• Like 2

Been as we can only hunt rabbits under the hunting act il stick to rabbits and dream that one day I can hunt somethin more

Yeah I know the ban is in place, but what WAS your favourite quarry, 'pre ban'?

Personally for me it was hares, and like gamerooster said, deer get the old heart racing

Been as we can only hunt rabbits under the hunting act il stick to rabbits and dream that one day I can hunt somethin more

Yeah I know the ban is in place, but what WAS your favourite quarry, 'pre ban'?

Personally for me it was hares, and like gamerooster said, deer get the old heart racing

ive always been a foxing man growing up on the edge of town you never knew where hunting old raynard would take you sly mr fox can leave you scratching your head
  • Like 1

With always being a man who is only into edible quarry, I never understood the fascination with running foxes with dogs, for them to be thrown in a ditch, plus you could hardly call it a test of heart with a 20lb fox against a 60-80lb bull cross, but each to there own I guess

• Like 5

You know I was always taught by my old man only kill what you can carry and carry what you can eat but he never turned down a chase on old Charlie you don't need a big lump of dog to get one in the bag it's not always about the kill it's finding them and how cunning they are I've had some courses that have been short lived and some seemed like a life time I love to hunt deer pre ban as much as the next man but fox has always been the one for me