Joshua V Klitschko

A very harsh article on Joshua......

Anthony Joshua looked terrible last Saturday night against former undisputed heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Theres no other way of putting it. Joshua looked slow, plodding and like one of the worst heavyweights Ive seen in a long time.

To say that Joshua looked bad against the 66 Klitschko is putting it mildly. Joshuas promoter Eddie Hearn needs to try and put him in a cash out fight with Tyson Fury as fast as humanly possible before he gets exposed again by someone. We saw last night that Joshua will soon be beaten by a good heavyweight that doesnt experience a brain freeze like Wladimir did after he knocked Joshua down.

Joshuas fans are probably incredibly unhappy today at how bad their hero looked. I know I would be. Its always bad when your hero is utterly exposed and made to look like a simpleton by a skilled boxer. Joshua looked like an oaf with two left feet against Klitschko. The way Joshua looked, you can tell that hes never going to improve to be a good fighter. Joshua is like this eras version of Michael Grant. I know some boxing fans compare Joshua to British heavyweight Frank Bruno, but I think thats giving Joshua too much credit. Bruno had some skills. Joshua is more like the 67 Michael Grant.

Joshua looked worse than bad. The British boxing fans are going to need to tone down their enthusiasm about Joshua and realize that this guy is not going to be the next big star in the UK. Joshua is hype. Thats all there is to it. Hes hype. Boxing News Results saw Wladimir winning the fight 7 rounds to 3 going into the 11th. If Wladimir had used his brain instead of going to sleep mentally, he would have knocked Joshua out in round 6 after dropping him. I think Joshua is one of the worst heavyweights Ive seen as a champion in quite some time. Weve had some really bad ones over the years, but Joshua is one of the worst skilled champions. He looked like a weight lifter rather than a fighter last night.

The way that Joshua fought last night in laboring to an 11th round knockout over the 41-year-old Klitschko was like watching old tape of one of Primo Caneras fights from the early 1930s. Joshua was utterly exposed last night by Klitschko despite getting the knockout in the 11th. Joshua came into the fight against the 41-year-old Klitschko as a heavy favorite. Wladimir hadnt fought in 2 years, and had looked embarrassingly bad in losing his last match against Tyson Fury. Joshua was supposed to have made easy work of Klitschko. That didnt happen though. It was Klitschko who made Joshua looked like a rank amateur out there in knocking the 27-year-old Brit to the canvas in the 5th and coming close to finishing him off.

Wladimir later revealed after the fight that the reason he didnt try and knock Joshua out was because he felt he was going to be able to win the fight without having to finish him on the spot. Wladimir thought he had the victory in the bag because it was so easy.

Here are some of Wladimir Klitschkos post-fight quotes from last Saturday:

The best man won tonight and its an amazing moment for boxing, said Wladimir after the fight had ended. Anthony was better than I. Its really said that I didnt make it tonight. I have a rematch in the contract. I need to analyze and see what the heck happened. I wish I could have raised my hands, but congrats to him. He got up, he fought back and he won the titles, said Wladimir.

Joshua needs to stay away from Tyson Fury if he knows whats good for him, because the 69 Fury would fully clown him. It would be embarrassing. Fury would make Joshua look like the mediocre heavyweight that he is. Furys footwork, height and reach are too much for Joshua. Look at how easy it was for Wladimir to lean backwards to avoid the slow, wild swings from Joshua last night.

Fury would use his footwork and his long upper lean away from Joshuas big shots and pepper him with slapping shots for 12 rounds. Im not saying that Fury would knock Joshua out. I dont think he would. But I do absolutely believe Fury would whip Joshua and give him a boxing lesson he wont soon forget. It would be the worst thing for British boxing if Fury were to dethrone Joshua, because it would remove the UKs biggest idol, and replace it with a fighter that might not having staying power. I think Furys own career would implode if he beat Joshua, which I think he would with ease. Fury likely start celebrating after a win over Joshua and eat himself back up to close to 400 pounds like he did after beating Wladimir in 2015. You can only do that so many times before it does a number on your body.

Joshua looked SO slow in rounds 1-4 against Klitschko. Joshua came on strong in round 5, throwing slow power shots one after another, and he was able to knock Klitschko down. Joshua immediately gassed out. You could see it. Wladimir realized it too that Joshua was exhausted, which is why he started catching him with shots. Wladimir must have missed at least 10 big left hooks that he threw after getting up from the knockdown. Thats another thing about Wladimir.

His hand-eye coordination is totally shot at age 41. Wladimir cannot land his left hook with any regularity at this point in his career. He reminds me of famous athletes like Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Willie Mays when they reached their 40s. Mays could no longer hit or field when he got old. Jabbar could no longer score with sky hook. Wladimir has the same problem with him not able to connect with his left hook. A young Wladimir would have knocked the plodding Joshua out cold with a left hook in rounds 6 or 7 last night. A heavyweight with a killer instinct and some common sense would have knocked Joshua out.

I think Wladimir looks both, which is why Joshua was able to survive the 6th round. Old age and poor thinking is getting to the 41-year-old Wladimir. Tyson Fury definitely will defeat Joshua and do it easy with movement. Fury would likely slap Joshua to the canvas, and have him wondering where hes at. I could see Deontay Wilder doing it as well. Joshuas promoter Eddie Hearn would be crying big crocodile tears after he gets beaten. That mythical 10-year reign business that Hearn was squawking about in him foreseeing Joshua at the top of the sport for the next decade would turn out to be just another one of his many pipe dreams.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Havent looked through all these posts i skipped through a load having nearly pissed my pants laughing so much so apologies if i repeat anything already said.....the thing a lot of folk just cant seen

the only thing better than that aj win,,,,is cushty's posts on here...

Joshua has a lot of holes in his game he lacks knowledge and ring education,he never boxed as a kid so hasnt got all those small and sometimes silly experiences we all keep in the back of our mind for

Posted Images

Havent looked through all these posts i skipped through a load having nearly pissed my pants laughing so much so apologies if i repeat anything already said.....the thing a lot of folk just cant seen to get their head round is Joshua is a novice boxer,a 3 year pro who makes mistakes.....what he said in the ring afterwards i thought was beautiful to hear from a world champion " Im not perfect....but im trying ".............what more do people want from the boy !!

He answered all the questions asked of him regards chin/heart.....he proved he can hold his power over 12 rounds,ride through sticky times......all these people saying why didn't Klitchsko finish him after he had him over.....because Joshua had forced him to respect his power thats why......Klitchsko knew if Josh did the wounded lion bit he was getting sparked out,he still had to respect Joshuas power even when he had him hurt.

What i liked most about Joshuas performance for such a novice was the way he controlled his emotions with great knowledge of his own body in order to recover, he knows the responses of his body well enough to know how long it will take to get his feet back under him and refill the tank.....some fighters cant refill their tank when its empty they are gone,just like dogs when they are spent......but without the tenacity and will to win to do that its irrelevant anyway so he answered a lot of mental as well as physical questions.

Personally i think the lad is a smashing advert for British sport and a credit to himself as a man.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 14

Incidentally,when doing all these silly comparisons with Fury lets get a few things in perspective.

1.Joshua survived his first real gut check last night against the greatest heavyweight of his generation....Fury survived his first real gut check against some Polish cab driver i cant even remember his name.

2.Joshua is at least 6 or 7 fights away from being the best fighter he can possibly be......can Fury ever be any better than he is right now ?

Just a few things to keep in mind ;)

• Like 2

Anthony Joshua looked terrible last Saturday night against former undisputed heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Theres no other way of putting it. Joshua looked slow, plodding and like one of the worst heavyweights Ive seen in a long time.

To say that Joshua looked bad against the 66 Klitschko is putting it mildly. Joshuas promoter Eddie Hearn needs to try and put him in a cash out fight with Tyson Fury as fast as humanly possible before he gets exposed again by someone. We saw last night that Joshua will soon be beaten by a good heavyweight that doesnt experience a brain freeze like Wladimir did after he knocked Joshua down.

Joshuas fans are probably incredibly unhappy today at how bad their hero looked. I know I would be. Its always bad when your hero is utterly exposed and made to look like a simpleton by a skilled boxer. Joshua looked like an oaf with two left feet against Klitschko. The way Joshua looked, you can tell that hes never going to improve to be a good fighter. Joshua is like this eras version of Michael Grant. I know some boxing fans compare Joshua to British heavyweight Frank Bruno, but I think thats giving Joshua too much credit. Bruno had some skills. Joshua is more like the 67 Michael Grant.

Joshua looked worse than bad. The British boxing fans are going to need to tone down their enthusiasm about Joshua and realize that this guy is not going to be the next big star in the UK. Joshua is hype. Thats all there is to it. Hes hype. Boxing News Results saw Wladimir winning the fight 7 rounds to 3 going into the 11th. If Wladimir had used his brain instead of going to sleep mentally, he would have knocked Joshua out in round 6 after dropping him. I think Joshua is one of the worst heavyweights Ive seen as a champion in quite some time. Weve had some really bad ones over the years, but Joshua is one of the worst skilled champions. He looked like a weight lifter rather than a fighter last night.

The way that Joshua fought last night in laboring to an 11th round knockout over the 41-year-old Klitschko was like watching old tape of one of Primo Caneras fights from the early 1930s. Joshua was utterly exposed last night by Klitschko despite getting the knockout in the 11th. Joshua came into the fight against the 41-year-old Klitschko as a heavy favorite. Wladimir hadnt fought in 2 years, and had looked embarrassingly bad in losing his last match against Tyson Fury. Joshua was supposed to have made easy work of Klitschko. That didnt happen though. It was Klitschko who made Joshua looked like a rank amateur out there in knocking the 27-year-old Brit to the canvas in the 5th and coming close to finishing him off.

Wladimir later revealed after the fight that the reason he didnt try and knock Joshua out was because he felt he was going to be able to win the fight without having to finish him on the spot. Wladimir thought he had the victory in the bag because it was so easy.

The best man won tonight and its an amazing moment for boxing, said Wladimir after the fight had ended. Anthony was better than I. Its really said that I didnt make it tonight. I have a rematch in the contract. I need to analyze and see what the heck happened. I wish I could have raised my hands, but congrats to him. He got up, he fought back and he won the titles, said Wladimir.

Joshua needs to stay away from Tyson Fury if he knows whats good for him, because the 69 Fury would fully clown him. It would be embarrassing. Fury would make Joshua look like the mediocre heavyweight that he is. Furys footwork, height and reach are too much for Joshua. Look at how easy it was for Wladimir to lean backwards to avoid the slow, wild swings from Joshua last night.

Fury would use his footwork and his long upper lean away from Joshuas big shots and pepper him with slapping shots for 12 rounds. Im not saying that Fury would knock Joshua out. I dont think he would. But I do absolutely believe Fury would whip Joshua and give him a boxing lesson he wont soon forget. It would be the worst thing for British boxing if Fury were to dethrone Joshua, because it would remove the UKs biggest idol, and replace it with a fighter that might not having staying power. I think Furys own career would implode if he beat Joshua, which I think he would with ease. Fury likely start celebrating after a win over Joshua and eat himself back up to close to 400 pounds like he did after beating Wladimir in 2015. You can only do that so many times before it does a number on your body.

Joshua looked SO slow in rounds 1-4 against Klitschko. Joshua came on strong in round 5, throwing slow power shots one after another, and he was able to knock Klitschko down. Joshua immediately gassed out. You could see it. Wladimir realized it too that Joshua was exhausted, which is why he started catching him with shots. Wladimir must have missed at least 10 big left hooks that he threw after getting up from the knockdown. Thats another thing about Wladimir.

His hand-eye coordination is totally shot at age 41. Wladimir cannot land his left hook with any regularity at this point in his career. He reminds me of famous athletes like Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Willie Mays when they reached their 40s. Mays could no longer hit or field when he got old. Jabbar could no longer score with sky hook. Wladimir has the same problem with him not able to connect with his left hook. A young Wladimir would have knocked the plodding Joshua out cold with a left hook in rounds 6 or 7 last night. A heavyweight with a killer instinct and some common sense would have knocked Joshua out.

I think Wladimir looks both, which is why Joshua was able to survive the 6th round. Old age and poor thinking is getting to the 41-year-old Wladimir. Tyson Fury definitely will defeat Joshua and do it easy with movement. Fury would likely slap Joshua to the canvas, and have him wondering where hes at. I could see Deontay Wilder doing it as well. Joshuas promoter Eddie Hearn would be crying big crocodile tears after he gets beaten. That mythical 10-year reign business that Hearn was squawking about in him foreseeing Joshua at the top of the sport for the next decade would turn out to be just another one of his many pipe dreams.

aj only had 19 fights give him chance develop still learning ALOT and beat the best heavyweight in a decade lol you've got to be realistic Edited by Crackers

I read that on www.cushtyjook.com aswell

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity what is the source of this " article " Dogman ?

Judging by the content its clearly not somebody with boxing experience.....and judging by the vocabulary its clearly not a journo/reporter.......so who/what/where etc ?

That article reads like one of Gilfoids,who is known for hating British fighters. He did speak a few truths however even if he was a bit over critical.Joshua is still learning but hes a World Champion so theres going to be no easy fights for him. After his performance against Wlad other fighters will fancy there chances in with him now so 19 fights or not he still needs to be matched carefully,the fight with Wlad was a gamble but it did come close to back firing.

• Like 1

That article reads like one of Gilfoids,who is known for hating British fighters. He did speak a few truths however even if he was a bit over critical.Joshua is still learning but hes a World Champion so theres going to be no easy fights for him. After his performance against Wlad other fighters will fancy there chances in with him now so 19 fights or not he still needs to be matched carefully,the fight with Wlad was a gamble but it did come close to back firing.

Yet if Josh had walked in and ironed him out in 1 round folk would be saying " well that don't prove he can take a punch or has any heart or can go into the later rounds or can hold his power for 12 or or or or " :D ....its funny how different folk view sport in different ways.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Probably written by that American Scot Gilfoid person always slanting British fighters can't take anything away from Joshua he did what he had to do

I think he will be fine with Rob mcracken. He has a few olympic golds and Carl froch success under his belt and he hasn't stepped foot wrong with AJ. Pml don't know why he would even consider another trainer.

For the conditioning side......I'd send him over for 6 weeks as a pre-keep......he has Katie in some order....

I think his condition is fine. Most men that some would be gassed after the way he went wild in the 5th. He came back and still had power and wind to stop him at the end. Aye ross emanit is decent you ever been on ross boxing his website. Few of his circuits on there. My favourite is the magic 50. Can be done in 20 minutes and is an absolute killer.

Ye been on it....some good stuff on it....

Yet if Josh had walked in and ironed him out in 1 round folk would be saying " well that don't prove he can take a punch or has any heart or can go into the later rounds or can hold his power for 12 or or or or " :D ....its funny how different folk view sport in different ways.

the only one true word in that article was the word (slap) what Fury would do to AJ, because he deff wouldnt ko him , no way . AJ put Vlad down 2 times and ref stopped it before Vlad took further punishment . Fury fight against Vlad , he kept away from , and threw 5-6 punches in the all the fight Fury as not got the powerful punch like AJ and Fury knows this, he will never stand toe to toe with him , like Vlad did , if he beats AJ it will be only on points , the great gypsy warrior , feck me want to get real haha .AJ was vulnerable in that fight after the knock down, true he said him self he got improve and said he will with my quality fights .I reckon more fights and couple years under his belt , he will get better and improve 100% :yes:

tried to send a pm Gnash ?