Joshua V Klitschko

Fury v Wlad highlights

kept away and threw 5 or 6 punches all fight ?

Wlad v Pulev

left hook and timing perfect .

What are you trying to prove mate ? Both complete different styles fury and pulev

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Havent looked through all these posts i skipped through a load having nearly pissed my pants laughing so much so apologies if i repeat anything already said.....the thing a lot of folk just cant seen

the only thing better than that aj win,,,,is cushty's posts on here...

Joshua has a lot of holes in his game he lacks knowledge and ring education,he never boxed as a kid so hasnt got all those small and sometimes silly experiences we all keep in the back of our mind for

Posted Images

It answered questions for both fighters that fight, I disagree with Gnasher on Wlad being timid of going for it after he dropped Joshua. He was trying to land that left hook but his timing just wasn't there and was missing wildly, Joshua had nothing at that point and wasn't throwing anything back. The new improved Wlad has always lacked the balls to dig deep and push for the knockout anyways but he did mention he didn't feel the need to rush as he believed it was just a matter of time, big mistake in my eyes.

Hesitancy plays havoc on your timing ;) .....i didnt notice his timing being off for the rest of the fight.....infact id go as far as to say that was the best,most nimble and energised Klitchsko ive seen in years.

I think the best Wlad looked in recent years was his fight with the unbeaten Pulev,timing and accuracy spot on,wasted nothing.It was a top performance that night for Wlad .
Yep Pulev was meant to be the new beast but Wlad wiped him out. People forget that Wlad had looked poor in his previous fight before Fury when he laboured to a decision against Jennings, he's past it it's as simple as that.

When fighters are washed up they deteriorate fight to fight they don't suddenly look better than previous fights......do you think Klitchsko looked better against Fury than he did last night then ?

Yes his best days are behind him as any 41 year old fighter would be.......is he past it....not on last nights performance he,s not.

That's more to do with the opponent though? Wlad could not find Fury at all in their bout, that's the difference IMO.

That's not to say Wlad is piss poor, he still likely beats anybody else who's fighting in the division now.

Edited by DogMan85
  • Like 1

That article reads like one of Gilfoids,who is known for hating British fighters. He did speak a few truths however even if he was a bit over critical.Joshua is still learning but hes a World Champion so theres going to be no easy fights for him. After his performance against Wlad other fighters will fancy there chances in with him now so 19 fights or not he still needs to be matched carefully,the fight with Wlad was a gamble but it did come close to back firing.

That article reads like one of Gilfoids,who is known for hating British fighters. He did speak a few truths however even if he was a bit over critical.Joshua is still learning but hes a World Champion so theres going to be no easy fights for him. After his performance against Wlad other fighters will fancy there chances in with him now so 19 fights or not he still needs to be matched carefully,the fight with Wlad was a gamble but it did come close to back firing.

Ritch Cheney wrote it.

Gnash

I think Wlad was more respectful of Joshuas power than when he fought Fury. I agree maybe his best days are behind him,hes aged yes but still able to compete with any of the main Heavyweights available and also capable of another go at Joshua :thumbs:

Cushty

Not trying to prove anything or compare Fury to Pulev.

Somebody mentioned Fury kept away from Wlad and threw 5 or 6 punches all fight so I put up a clip of the fight showing otherwise. :thumbs:

I also said I thought the best Wlad looked in years was when he fought the unbeaten pulev so put a clip up that fight also . :thumbs:

Here are the punch stats from both Fury v Wlad and Joshua V Wlad

Fury threw 371 punches and landed 86 connect % 23

Wlad threw 231 punches and landed 52 connect % 23

Joshua threw 355 and landed 107 connect % 30

Wlad threw 256 and landed 94 connect % 36.

Interesting stats and very comparable but seems to show that Fury was more active than a lot of people give him credit for and his tactics did have Wlad wasting a lot of shots

People have been questioning why did Wlad not go for the finish and allow Joshua back into the fight ? Be interesting to see what his prediction was on the pen drive sewn into his gown that he was auctioning off for his foundation !! That could answer it .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Gnash

I think Wlad was more respectful of Joshuas power than when he fought Fury. I agree maybe his best days are behind him,hes aged yes but still able to compete with any of the main Heavyweights available and also capable of another go at Joshua :thumbs:

Cushty

Not trying to prove anything or compare Fury to Pulev.

Somebody mentioned Fury kept away from Wlad and threw 5 or 6 punches all fight so I put up a clip of the fight showing otherwise. :thumbs:

I also said I thought the best Wlad looked in years was when he fought the unbeaten pulev so put a clip up that fight also . :thumbs:

Here are the punch stats from both Fury v Wlad and Joshua V Wlad

Fury threw 371 punches and landed 86 connect % 23

Wlad threw 231 punches and landed 52 connect % 23

Joshua threw 355 and landed 107 connect % 30

Wlad threw 256 and landed 94 connect % 36.

Interesting stats and very comparable but seems to show that Fury was more active than a lot of people give him credit for and his tactics did have Wlad wasting a lot of shots

People have been questioning why did Wlad not go for the finish and allow Joshua back into the fight ? Be interesting to see what his prediction was on the pen drive sewn into his gown that he was auctioning off for his foundation !! That could answer it .

Wlad already said he was expecting him to gas more again so took his time looking for the ko which is strange as I.d AV thought he would of wanted to get him out any chance as aj is dangerous

• Like 1

Fighters often make excuses after losing. Whether it is a pride thing or whether they are trying to sell the rematch or whatever. Whatever reasons klitschko has given for not finishing joshua are frankly nonsense and especially ridiculous coming from such an experienced professional. The only reason ever that a boxer will not finish an opponent is because he is unable or he believes that the opponent isn't really ready to go down. Waiting for him to tire out? Please!

• Like 2

Why the negativity everywhere, we are way of ever seeing Joshua and Fury in the ring together.

They all use PED's IMO but the likes of Fury with the inept team behind him will always come unstuck, how is he going to get in shape without his little helper Nadrolone?

Lads you have to give the two fighters there dos, most picking holes in there game, easy to say when your not in the ring in front of somebody yourself.

Fs its hard going trying to hit a moving target.

Aj will improve, fairplay to both men.

Have a nice day.

• Like 4

Lads you have to give the two fighters there dos, most picking holes in there game, easy to say when your not in the ring in front of somebody yourself.

Have a nice day.

Joshua's inexperience showed,like Klitschko said he was vulnerable,but despite that look at the amazing performance he gave.

Chin,heart,power,durability he's got it all the only thing he's lacking is experience which is also the only thing he's guaranteed to get in the coming years.

Neither men were at their best Klitschko's passed his best and Joshua hasn't reached his yet.

There's no-one on the horizon that I can see beating Joshua any time soon,we'll have to hold out hope for young Fury when he's matured a bit.

Have a nice day.

Joshua's inexperience showed,like Klitschko said he was vulnerable,but despite that look at the amazing performance he gave.

Chin,heart,power,durability he's got it all the only thing he's lacking is experience which is also the only thing he's guaranteed to get in the coming years.

Neither men were at their best Klitschko's passed his best and Joshua hasn't reached his yet.

There's no-one on the horizon that I can see beating Joshua any time soon,we'll have to hold out hope for young Fury when he's matured a bit.

spot on that it said it all mate , :thumbs: it easy to criticize unless you been hit by a strong bloke, not boxing but karate doing a demo in front couple hundred people , the 2nd dan went in full force to body, but i turned to quick on him took kick to the head , down i went i was fecked i stummbled all over the place after the crowd though it was great lol it does take guts to get back up, once you been down your brain/body all over the place , both fighters done Brill should commend them not knock them :yes:

• Like 1

Have a nice day.

spot on that it said it all mate , :thumbs: it easy to criticize unless you been hit by a strong bloke, not boxing but karate doing a demo in front couple hundred people , the 2nd dan went in full force to body, but i turned to quick on him took kick to the head , down i went i was fecked i stummbled all over the place after the crowd though it was great lol it does take guts to get back up, once you been down your brain/body all over the place , both fighters done Brill should commend them not knock them :yes:

Reminds me of a jujitsu grading I was at years ago,an older fella who trained with us was told to prod/lunge with a baseball bat at a young lad who was getting pressure tested (attacked from all angles by different people) the lad caught it with a kind of rising block and grabbed and pulled down the handle with his other hand at the same time,crackin the old fella over the head with it.

All the families watching thought it was a joke when stumbled off the mats.

Have a nice day.

Reminds me of a jujitsu grading I was at years ago,an older fella who trained with us was told to prod/lunge with a baseball bat at a young lad who was getting pressure tested (attacked from all angles by different people) the lad caught it with a kind of rising block and grabbed and pulled down the handle with his other hand at the same time,crackin the old fella over the head with it.

All the families watching thought it was a joke when stumbled off the mats.

:thumbs: