Air Gunners ?

In all fairness theres some skilled air gun lads about who can put hell of a lot of gear in the bag and don't make to much of a fuss about it and they get my up most respect but on the flip side you have the bedroom window bird table sniper with all the gear and not a fecking idea who parade there kill like there a masai warrior who's just gone head to head with a lion with nothing but a spear..ain't got time for that! .. but lets be honest all hunting genre's have there fool's its not just air gunners .

No harm in a bit of fantasy mate, in my head I'm normally in the Deer Hunter when shooting my air rifle.......

Sometimes......I swear I hear on the wind those haunting words........

"one shot"

"one shot"...............

post-89484-0-02632900-1492194412_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There I was the pressure taken in, my breathing slowed to a cubic capacity relevant to the weight of the pellet and the curve of the Earth, fear tingled through my mechanix gloves as I placed my ran

Absolutely nothing to do with the topic i just thought it would be nice to share

Can you show me on the teddy bear where an air gunner once touched you

Posted Images

I don't post on here much but personally I have always found everyone very helpful.

Each to there own weather it be live round,air rifle,dog,trap or catapult.

We are all part of one big group so who gives a f**k.

All the very best and happy hunting to all.

Bb

• Like 2

Air gunners.......the kind of people who look at an electric toothbrush and wish there arsehole had teeth.

?

• Like 5

I post on here as well and i am arrogant .

Airgun section has a good bunch of lads , helping each other out when we can

Whenever I look on the airgun section I do chuckle at how much of a mission folk make at shooting a few birds etc. But as you say it's one of the only sections where nobody seems to argue and everybody seems to help each other out be it with equipment or getting them out for a nights shooting. As much an andy mcnab novel they make of the write ups they all seem genuinely decent fellas.

No arguing on the snaring/trapping section, good lads on there,...just don't mention the moles lol

Why what I done now?

• Like 2

Have to admit there is a wealth of knowledge on that section, most of it over my head, far too many numbers for my simplistic needs, but helpful none the less.....

I do have to draw the line at 'feminising' guns though.................just seems a little weird tbh

• Like 1

Good to hear there's some normal chaps in the game then ,kanny would be considered ,borderline normal ,but still good news .

I'd never consider myself border line normal fek that but if it makes you feel better I don't weight my pellets nor do I lube them and i couldn't give fuk if its 1.77 or .22 infact I don't even post in the air gun section ...they scare me a little :no:
Pull the bolt, rotate the mag, squeeze the trigger - not hard is it ?

I know fellas who wash, lube and weigh pellets individually, before putting them in individual compartments, labelled with the miniscule weight differences !

I've asked them if they ever sit quietly and think "What have I done with my life ?"

Exactly it's just a tool to fill a pie that's about as technical as it gets for me

If I'm completely honest, I only have the vaguest idea what goes on inside my airguns. Transfer ports, trigger sears etc are of no interest....If something doesn't feel quite right, I give it to one of my resident 'technicians' - " Have a look at that for me , mate. Cheers !"

The technical types usually call me a Midlands engineer, because what engineering I do know, I learnt "darn t'pit"......."were gonna need a bigger hammer !"

• Like 4

At least there's not much arguing on airguns, most of the Dogmen on here could fall out with their own shadows!

Dogmen haven't got too much to get anal about, it's pretty simple stuff really, so arguing over childish bollocks is the norm....

At least there's not much arguing on airguns, most of the Dogmen on here could fall out with their own shadows!

Dogmen haven't got too much to get anal about, it's pretty simple stuff really, so arguing over childish bollocks is the norm....

Dog men...anal... bollocks.....What on earth are you insinuating ?

Whats the problem a air guns a tool in our profession like a ferret , shotgun , snare ,trap or lurcher when a farmer says can you do this for me the answer should be aye what ever the job and with what ever tools legal

• Like 3

You only have t open an air gun magazine t know it's a world full f dreamers

Grown men wearing full face veils in broad daylight wearing Crye precision trousers and operators caps leaning over a cattle trough to plink at rats with a theoban 7

It really is an affront to decency

• Like 1