Air Gunners ?

There I was the pressure taken in, my breathing slowed to a cubic capacity relevant to the weight of the pellet and the curve of the

Earth, fear tingled through my mechanix gloves as I placed my range finder next to my prey bag , how would I manage? The shot of a life time beckoned

The prey fluttered ever so slightly

Just as i zeroed in, my mam burst out the back door screaming "Herbert , put that toy down and come in for your tea, your 42 for fucks sakes ''

Next week, how I shot a mouse in Africa from Chiswick using a bsa

just spat my tea out reading this,proper funny!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There I was the pressure taken in, my breathing slowed to a cubic capacity relevant to the weight of the pellet and the curve of the Earth, fear tingled through my mechanix gloves as I placed my ran

Absolutely nothing to do with the topic i just thought it would be nice to share

Can you show me on the teddy bear where an air gunner once touched you

Posted Images

Oh what has the world of airgunning come to? Going down the range, pcp's, dive bottles, night vision, mildots, range finders, chrono's, shot strings....what's all that about?

When we were kids you went up the woods or down by the stream, you had an old .22 break barrel springer, iron sights, and a pocket full of dirty, fluff covered Eley wasps. We used to hold pellets in our lips, shoot tins, bottles, twigs, stones etc. We were not adverse to giving our guns a squirt of easy-start down the chamber to up the power a bit, and if we had live quarry to shoot, it was not unknown for pellets to be put in backwards in the belief they delivered more clout skirt first! and you just HAD to have an Ox mainspring. :yes: You can't really call yourself an airgunner until you've blasted your Mother's clothes pegs to smithareens off her washing line and been shot on the arse with a cork from a Gat gun. :whistling:

The cleaning regime was as simple as wiping blood, cow shite and mud off the stock with your sleeve. I believe I've lived through the halcyon days of airgunning, lol

Long live the airgun!

Excellent and very true post!

There I was the pressure taken in, my breathing slowed to a cubic capacity relevant to the weight of the pellet and the curve of the

Earth, fear tingled through my mechanix gloves as I placed my range finder next to my prey bag , how would I manage? The shot of a life time beckoned

The prey fluttered ever so slightly

Just as i zeroed in, my mam burst out the back door screaming "Herbert , put that toy down and come in for your tea, your 42 for fucks sakes ''

Next week, how I shot a mouse in Africa from Chiswick using a bsa

Fpmsl..?

I went out the other night after a few reynards with an airgunner from this forum as my lamp man. What a top bloke. No mention of mildots and very good on the lamp.

Now either my estimation of airgunners has been wrong all along, or he doesn't really own an airgun. :hmm::laugh: