Father Christmas

Fair play mate as they get older its harder they want the more exspensive stuff ,lol and the piles werent what they once were... little boys into chemistry stuff so weve bought a good few little sets exsploding volcanos all the little test tubes and little potions lol for him to make up... also these new excavation things were things are set into stone/plaster and they chip away at them to exspose coins or gems. Dinosaur bones ect. Very time consuming chipping away with a plastic chisel and hammer the kids enjoy it.

Great ideas for pressies :thumbs:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to go mad buying my kids any and everything i could get my hands on at Xmas till one day my boy turned round and said " dad why don't you get to know me instead of buying me all this shit i don

My kids belive in it all including jack frost my little girl come in this morning and said dad "jack frosts been" lol

the innocence of childhood should be sacred!

Posted Images

I know people who throw loads of money at there kids but wouldn't know what there favourite colour is.

Shame on them johnny
I know mate, I know all my kids favourite colours but they're still only getting a selection box and a bag of tangerines each. ?
  • Like 2

You've got to at least nearly keep up with their mates,it'd be embarrassing for them if they got some new socks and an orange compared to their mates getting thousands spent on them.

It'd make xmas more of a bad time than a good time imo.

Unless you can cheat and get them a pet which most parents won't get their kids.

• Like 1

the innocence of childhood should be sacred!

spot on :thumbs: , i came from a family 5 kids, we didnt have much money in the 50-60s , my dad worked 7 days a week, most weeks and put in over time to get more money. Xmas was a hard time for mom+ dad , we all wrote to santa and wrote what we wanted, and bloody hell we got it , god knows how they did it. But suppose looking at 5 kids faces , it made mom and dad there Xmas :thumbs::yes:

• Like 2

Was gonna start a thread but how much do you lads give your kids each for xmas ? Ive done 400 each on them this year and its woth every penny when you see there little faces

I used to go mad buying my kids any and everything i could get my hands on at Xmas till one day my boy turned round and said " dad why don't you get to know me instead of buying me all this shit i dont even want "

Forget how much dough you do on your kids mate its the stuff thats free that really counts ;)

Lol look forward to when they say that mate, but surely every one spends on there kids on xmas and wondered whats the normal ammount to spend

Im sure you are a great dad mate just dont fall into the trap i did of thinking you can buy a kids love thats all i meant :thumbs:

My kids are a bit older now,I would rather buy them "experiences",I pay for them to do diving courses,ones parachuted,both have been paramotoring,both have been abroad fishing or whatever,material possessions lose their shine,memories never do,happy Christmas.

• Like 2

I know people who throw loads of money at there kids but wouldn't know what there favourite colour is.

Shame on them johnny
I know mate, I know all my kids favourite colours but they're still only getting a selection box and a bag of tangerines each.

You spoil them mate :D

My eldest earns miles more than me but I spend 100 and he spends 30 lol

Cheers, D.

My kids are adults now & they don't remember the presents they remember out collecting logs , out in the snow , walking the dogs all over the Xmas holidays so it proves its time that counts not the gifts . . Though I bet if they'd of got nothing they'd now be letting me know ;)

• Like 2

I got two kids and we spend around £100-£150 on main gifts then stockings are around £30-£50 each

And we always give a set of new PJ'S on Christmas Eve

Giving new pjs xmas eve is a thing we do to lol