Toughest Part Of The Country ......

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think THL is the toughest forum on the Internet ?

Blimey this has all gone a bit bandy..... i saw that place Merthyr Tydfil mentioned and it brought back a memory from years ago when i was first getting into the bulldogs some fella took me to this ga

Well I was a field Marshall in the Salvation Army if that counts?.......it's no party handing out soup to junkies you know! 2 tours of kings cross and wounded in action with a bad soup burn at charri

Posted Images

Felt a bit uneasy in Londonderry a couple of times and Strabane too.

Edmonton Green wasn't very nice to work in either.

I felt a bit uneasy in those places to mate ....... mind you I was wearing camouflage at the time lol .......

• Like 6

I felt a bit uneasy in those places to mate ....... mind you I was wearing camouflage at the time lol .......

Working with an old squaddie atm and he's telling me a few stories about Northern Ireland. I guess getting a phone call that two blokes are waiting outside for you with AK-47's and having a bomb put on your car tops it all....

He must have been off his rocker because when he left the army he stayed there with his missus that he met and got a job as a postman. I guess the Nationalists' knew who he was....

Edited by DogFox123

I work with an ex RAF pilot who did tours everywhere from Sarajevo to Iraq.... the only time he ever copped for a bullet was in Belfast flying his Harrier ???

Even better is there's another chap in the office from Belfast and the standing joke is, it was his uncle that shot him ???

• Like 2

I work with an ex RAF pilot who did tours everywhere from Sarajevo to Iraq.... the only time he ever copped for a bullet was in Belfast flying his Harrier ???

Even better is there's another chap in the office from Belfast and the standing joke is, it was his uncle that shot him ???

Thats a goodun mush lol

I felt a bit uneasy in those places to mate ....... mind you I was wearing camouflage at the time lol

Tbh the provos had some tools, id of been staying in the long grass meself lol

Edited by Francie

Limerick is still worth a visit if you want to watch the locals and plod having a ruck on a saturday night. Pretty course place, even the chipper has got a couple of bouncers on....

Cammo has always been a bit of a difficult one to carry off.

Although I am surprised a fashion faux pas made you feel uneasy.

The Ship pub in Tilbury had a middle page spread in the Sun once with the legend "The hardest Pub in Britain" and a load of overweight chavs waving pint glasses in the air the dozy c**ts.........it was shut within 3 weeks as they had coach parties coming down and kicking the living shit out of them 4 times a week after that.

Funny as f**k !

Thats similar to when the ex fighter Mark Potter took over the Higham Hill Tavern in Walthamstow when it turned up on one of these roughest pubs in Britain programs it was shut down a few months later as the other local pubs took offence and it turned into scenes out of a wild west film every other night.

This is Mark Potter in action. I still don't believe this actually happened. As Jim Watt says "if you'd seen it a rocky movie you wouldn't believe it."

• Like 3

Working with an old squaddie atm and he's telling me a few stories about Northern Ireland. I guess getting a phone call that two blokes are waiting outside for you with AK-47's and having a bomb put on your car tops it all....

He must have been off his rocker because when he left the army he stayed there with his missus that he met and got a job as a postman. I guess the Nationalists' knew who he was....

I would suggest he likes to tell a few stories ......

I would suggest he likes to tell a few stories ......
He was in the army over 20 years, who am i to doubt him....

You don't believe it then?

Edited by DogFox123