Toughest Part Of The Country ......

I've travelled all over and I've been in most of the roughest areas London an Moss side Manchester liverpool to St. Paul's in Bristol A Glasgow and Dublin . And there all pretty much the same if you want it someone will accomadate you.

What rough places in dublin were you in mm.

As a kid I spent time at "St Marys Mansions" Sean Mcdermott st . . The people where absolute salt if the earth . . Early 80s just as the bad drug (heroin) problem started in Dublin , it apparently destroyed lots off good families .

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think THL is the toughest forum on the Internet ?

Blimey this has all gone a bit bandy..... i saw that place Merthyr Tydfil mentioned and it brought back a memory from years ago when i was first getting into the bulldogs some fella took me to this ga

Well I was a field Marshall in the Salvation Army if that counts?.......it's no party handing out soup to junkies you know! 2 tours of kings cross and wounded in action with a bad soup burn at charri

Posted Images

Lol just thinking no wonder I don't take any notice as I was bought up on a travellers site and when you walked of the site you walked into a rough S/E London council estate , out frying pan into the fire lol.

• Like 1

no hard areas,you could stumble across a loon with s knife anywere.when i moved to s new area everyone said dont drink in........pub,so were did i go,yup strsight in,boys were a bit off to start but now thier all fine,some good lads ive met.

I've travelled all over and I've been in most of the roughest areas London an Moss side Manchester liverpool to St. Paul's in Bristol A Glasgow and Dublin . And there all pretty much the same if you want it someone will accomadate you.

tallaght folk said it was rough I felt at home lol

I lived there for two years its rough but not that bad.then i moved back were im from a few miles down the road in clondalkin which is a bit rougher.theres some good hunting in them moutains behind tallaght.

• Like 1

I lived there for two years its rough but not that bad.then i moved back were im from a few miles down the road in clondalkin which is a bit rougher.theres some good hunting in them moutains behind tallaght.

met some proper people while I was there ?

As a kid I spent time at "St Marys Mansions" Sean Mcdermott st . . The people where absolute salt if the earth . . Early 80s just as the bad drug (heroin) problem started in Dublin , it apparently destroyed lots off good families .

Yeh mate most of them places were wrecked from drugs and i think most of the flats are gone.

• Like 1

The hamlet where I live is dead rough ....I once seen a darkie here

that reminds me, last night there was a black out in our street, luckily someone shot it before it stole something

Phew thank god for that!

• Like 1

Yeh mate most of them places were wrecked from drugs and i think most of the flats are gone.

Sad when I remember the good people / community that was there .

Used to drink a good bit in a pub in Tallaght. Always great craic.

Used to drink in another pub in Dublin that had a terrible rep and never seen any trouble. The locals made sure of that.

The joke with that pub was that when you were going in the bouncer would ask you had you any weapons ?

You'd say "No".

The bouncer would hand you a knife and say "In that case you better have this."

• Like 2

The Ship pub in Tilbury had a middle page spread in the Sun once with the legend "The hardest Pub in Britain" and a load of overweight chavs waving pint glasses in the air the dozy c**ts.........it was shut within 3 weeks as they had coach parties coming down and kicking the living shit out of them 4 times a week after that.

Funny as f**k !

Thats similar to when the ex fighter Mark Potter took over the Higham Hill Tavern in Walthamstow when it turned up on one of these roughest pubs in Britain programs it was shut down a few months later as the other local pubs took offence and it turned into scenes out of a wild west film every other night.

Edited by gnasher16

Lol just thinking no wonder I don't take any notice as I was bought up on a travellers site and when you walked of the site you walked into a rough S/E London council estate , out frying pan into the fire lol.

It was the opposite for us as kids we,d walk off the estates in Canning Town and Custom House onto rough traveller sites....out the fire into the frying pan :D

• Like 1

I think reputations are always worse than reallity . , I've family up in Tower Hill Liverpool & apparently its a tough / rough place yet I've never seen an ounce of trouble though as anywhere you go if you go looking for it you'll probably find it & if your not looking for it & are civil & polite to people anyone wanting to create a problem for you isn't tough there a bully & you'll probably find there not as tough as they make out with that attitude . , toughest people are the nicest people you'll meet I've found .... if you don't create a problem with them .

I once had an old friend that once told me

Dont worry about the lads that are waving the guns around and shouting there mouths off

worry about the one behind them standing quiet and no gun in site

as when you see his gun he is the one that will fire.

still would not take the chance lol :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Very true that. My old man has always said don't worry about the loud mouth telling you how hard he is, his balls will shrivel when he's confronted, worry about the quiet one saying f**k all.

I've found it true on many an occasion.

As for the original question I reckon many little towns and villages have got a local pub tucked away that will be frequented by a few unsavoury characters.

I've travelled the country a fair bit with work over the last 10 years and stayed in all the cities mentioned above and never had a bit of trouble. I've never gone looking for it but I reckon it would be easily found in most places if you were that way inclined.