First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross because the dog is more intelligent than them. I love them, I admire their sagacity, the way they can adapt themselves to almost any hunting situation, they are to me what a good hunting partner should be.

TC

A pure saluki could probably outsmart me ,lol
  • Like 4

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross because the dog is more intelligent than them. I love them, I admire their sagacity, the way they can adapt themselves to almost any hunting situation, they are to me what a good hunting partner should be.

TC

true what you say most crosses will adapt to what thete owner wants if in the right hands this collie greyhound would take foxes and anything never shied away from much post-71205-0-95435200-1477585556_thumb.jpg

post-71205-0-31823600-1477585768_thumb.jpg

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 4

Tiercel I always have said that regards to being smarter than lads who don't like um lol. Have seen plenty go seen some absolute shite to big not in proportion with its body and poor all round this was off Hancock. Have seen others which I would own in a heart beat I seen one dog used for what bull crosses are used for and worked woth terriers week in week out and he was bang on . I think the problem is people don't give them a try , they hear horror story's and are not interested of a lad bred a litter from hard working collie crosses they be spot on but its finding them . Always have a soft spot for the collie Lurcher ans when added with bull they can create a very chancey type .

I don't know if the lad is on here so al ask him if it's OK to post a pic of the sire I hope to be useing in the near future on my bitch but he is a beauty very nice strong looking dog.

He is on here

Give him a shout and see.

Atb

Ave tried calling him pal he must be busy

I don't know if the lad is on here so al ask him if it's OK to post a pic of the sire I hope to be useing in the near future on my bitch but he is a beauty very nice strong looking dog.

He is on here

Atb

When are you breeding then Richie

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

Sounds like you've just seen shit ones.

I've seen a collie cross do teeth for fun. Hard as nails. Built like a tank and take a knock as good as any dog. Pretty sure the dog never even saw rabbits. He was used on bigger stuff before the ban.

Gaz, I know more than a few people that had/have collie/greys that weren't/aren't even remotely interested in catching rabbits, myself included. And this 'lack of fire' etc mullarkey?! Yeah righto lol.

Like's been said, the people that slate em for whatever reason have either seen shit bred dogs, or dogs owned by shit owners that couldn't make a success with any lurcher, or both.

There are some very good, fast, powerfully built collie/greys that will deal with foxes in a matter of seconds, and thrive on being worked regularly.

I think the fact that you don't see as many collie/greys marked up as you do bull/greys, makes the dog less easy to brag about it 'doing teeth' so they aint as egotistically fashionable lol.

Maybe I'm wrong, never mind lol :thumbs:

• Like 1

He is on here

Atb

When are you breeding then Richie
if every thing goes to plan as soon as me bitch comes in shes due December pal Edited by Richie87

Haven't seen too many straight collie half dogs but knew a fella had one years ago....big brute of a dog. he was telling me he could go well at a hare up until Christmas time and once went through a window after a cat in the garden... just goes to show they're all different. Looked a bit like that hound in northernlites post lol

Edited by juba1972
  • Like 1

the litter mine come from [glen] all excelled in their work two were ferretting dogs and spot on another started picking its runs on lamp [bunnies] so it was used preban on all other things & it was like a new beginning for that dog -in capable hands they are a hunters dream partner and very loyal if anyone tries to get heavy handed with you

• Like 2

the litter mine come from [glen] all excelled in their work two were ferretting dogs and spot on another started picking its runs on lamp [bunnies] so it was used preban on all other things & it was like a new beginning for that dog -in capable hands they are a hunters dream partner and very loyal if anyone tries to get heavy handed with you

one of the lads who comes out with me has a collie x you would think it was a full collie lol and it lives for the bunny's but gives %110 on every course. Edited by Richie87

He is on here

Atb

He is a busy man

Atb

• Like 1

The only people who crab collie/greyhounds are those who can't train them and who have no patience, we had them when I was growing up, my dad still has one from his original strain he started forty years ago and she catches al quarry day and night. You can't shout at these dogs, if your one of those morons who hit there dogs or scream at them then these aren't for you.

• Like 10