First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

think I have been sorted lads thanks. but in all fairness I have seen some excellent collie cross dogs over the years but all have been dogs bred by no named lines just from a working farm collie to what ever and i have found it very hard finding a good first cross collie and can assure it don't pick it's runs and wont run half harted. I have thought about this for some time now and will be putting a first cross collie grey over first cross beddy grey. I will be keeping a pup and if every thing turns out right with the pup few years down the line it will be going back to a Beddy x. don't ask me the method in the madness but like i say thought about this for a while now and we will see the out come in the end thanks for all the help just got to wait for a season now to get the ball rolling thanks for all the help atb

Edited by Richie87
  • Like 2

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

collie x is the original and best all round lurcher proven for many more years than anything else, period.

proof?
Let me guess you think it was a buddy cross? Your like a vegan to with beddys, every topic you need to tell people you have Bedlington crosses
knew some Clown would say that did I mention beddy no so wind your neck in fecking gamerooster pmsl Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 1

Well that tells me everything I need to know.

You think a half x collie hound will be knocked up most the time.

That tells me you know next to nothing....

Abit hypocritical when they supposed to run half hearted, don't hit hedges, pick their own runs and don't like the tough end of the stick...you would think they would be brand new.

Haha brilliant reply shady. Cheers for the chuckle at dinner time :D

I was thinking the same as you, silly talk.

collie x is the original and best all round lurcher proven for many more years than anything else, period.

proof?
Let me guess you think it was a buddy cross? Your like a vegan to with beddys, every topic you need to tell people you have Bedlington crosses
knew some Clown would say that did I mention beddy no so wind your neck in fecking gamerooster pmsl
Sick of seeing your dribble about beddys, any chance you get to tell everyone you do, but don't cry mate its only the internet Edited by gamerooster
  • Like 2

The last 4 hancocks I seen run were poor...

Personally if you want a collie cross,,your doing the right thing asking on here,,there's plenty good home bred dogs that knock spots of Hancock ...some line bred for generations,,,others that might have a touch of lurcher or whippet in the breeding,,,,,by far the better choose than a streight half cross

only can go on my own dog Bryn , he 9 now and a 1x collie x grey bred from a lad on here , so local bred (not a hancock ) . he been a very good rabbit dog great at ferreting, mooching , and not bad in the lamp , had quite few 30s in a night , good feet,good coat, not bad wind, for a 1x, and never been really hurt in 9 years,. t he down side to me is the temp of this x , is he would only do what he wanted regards quarry/runs , maybe its him i dont just know. But my other dog Buck 1 x gsd x grey , very different mind set , he will bust a gut to catch game he gives 100% on every run , bit mad headed at times , but for me the better dog :yes: . maybe a 1x kelpie x grey a better choice , similar to a border collie but different temp bit more full on, but as tomo says there plenty of lurcher x lurcher doing the same job from proven lines , maybe better to look there :yes:
would you have another ?

no, i think a 1/4 plenty of collie in any lurcher, how clever as it got to be to catch a rabbit day or night haha . if i ever get another dog, it will be lurcherx lurcher from proven parents , bit of collie, or bull, gsd , or wheaten etc, as long as it gives 100% with each run good wind and coat/feet it will do for me, i wouldn't mind a dog pup out of Buck in few years time, if i am still fit and about, my bad back seem to be getting worse with every year, sometimes its very hard to walk about :yes: ive had lurchers 30 years , maybe coming to the end of it .!!

• Like 1

proof?
knew some Clown would say that did I mention beddy no so wind your neck in fecking gamerooster pmsl
Sick of seeing your dribble about beddys, any chance you get to tell everyone you do, but don't cry mate its only the internet
good I will post all the more knowing that Edited by nothernlite

The last 4 hancocks I seen run were poor...

Personally if you want a collie cross,,your doing the right thing asking on here,,there's plenty good home bred dogs that knock spots of Hancock ...some line bred for generations,,,others that might have a touch of lurcher or whippet in the breeding,,,,,by far the better choose than a streight half cross

only can go on my own dog Bryn , he 9 now and a 1x collie x grey bred from a lad on here , so local bred (not a hancock ) . he been a very good rabbit dog great at ferreting, mooching , and not bad in the lamp , had quite few 30s in a night , good feet,good coat, not bad wind, for a 1x, and never been really hurt in 9 years,. t he down side to me is the temp of this x , is he would only do what he wanted regards quarry/runs , maybe its him i dont just know. But my other dog Buck 1 x gsd x grey , very different mind set , he will bust a gut to catch game he gives 100% on every run , bit mad headed at times , but for me the better dog :yes: . maybe a 1x kelpie x grey a better choice , similar to a border collie but different temp bit more full on, but as tomo says there plenty of lurcher x lurcher doing the same job from proven lines , maybe better to look there :yes:
would you have another ?

no, i think a 1/4 plenty of collie in any lurcher, how clever as it got to be to catch a rabbit day or night haha . if i ever get another dog, it will be lurcherx lurcher from proven parents , bit of collie, or bull, gsd , or wheaten etc, as long as it gives 100% with each run good wind and coat/feet it will do for me, i wouldn't mind a dog pup out of Buck in few years time, if i am still fit and about, my bad back seem to be getting worse with every year, sometimes its very hard to walk about :yes: ive had lurchers 30 years , maybe coming to the end of it .!!
. I would think a three quarter from Buck would suit you ray,handy for yas walking about daytime and bit a lamping reduced size from a small

Compact grey ,and easier keep.atb bunnys.

• Like 1

think I have been sorted lads thanks. but in all fairness I have seen some excellent collie cross dogs over the years but all have been dogs bred by no named lines just from a working farm collie to what ever and i have found it very hard finding a good first cross collie and can assure it don't pick it's runs and wont run half harted. I have thought about this for some time now and will be putting a first cross collie grey over first cross beddy grey. I will be keeping a pup and if every thing turns out right with the pup few years down the line it will be going back to a Beddy x. don't ask me the method in the madness but like i say thought about this for a while now and we will see the out come in the end thanks for all the help just got to wait for a season now to get the ball rolling thanks for all the help atb

Good luck Richie hope your sorted, sound a interesting project,keep us all posted on how it's getting on

• Like 1