First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

I can't believe people are still arguing on this topic, collie greyhounds are not the be all and end all end of no matter how much collie is in there, people saying "shows how much you know half cross collie greyhound getting knocked up easily" let's be honest even a half cross collie greyhound isn't exactly a big built dog? And when they do laim up they play on it for the next two months! They are not a dog that you get for anything that shows any aggression back towards your dog, they are bred for brains not aggression, if go as far to say they are the least ballsy cross out there in any of the lurchers, beddy/whippet, whippet/grey, bull/grey, gsd/grey, deerhound/grey, wheaten/grey, they are all on average more aggressive towards quarry than the collie/grey, it's great to see a goodcollie greyhound kinking and turning a rabbit making a fool out of its quarry, me personally prefer to see a bull cross hit a rabbit at high speed with the intent to kill it on impact do three rolls with the rabbit as it's hit it that hard risking life and limb but that's down to self preference

• Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

Tje few collie crosses iv seen picking runs or stalking down a beam all had one thing in common, crap owners that expected them to run unfit, and the ones iv seen in capable hands that know how to get dog fit done very well with em

But a good unfit Bull cross would still put in 100% effort tha knows what I mean squatter catcher....
But how many runs are we talking? Before that good un pulls up, pretends it cant see it, or collapses?, and iv you have a good bullx or a good mutt of any type and are mugging it off working if unfit, well that says a lot in itself mate

I'd say more than an unfit Collie cross, there's fools that do such stupid acts...

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything and has been worked hard. No picking runs no putting the breaks on and I would still give anything to have him at 18 month old again. My Wheaton is harder but would never be able to hunt and catch anything near to the amount of stuff Max has. Granted not all collie crosses are the same but no two dogs are the same either. It's horses for coarses. I'd be looking for a dog that suits the owners temperament and needs.
  • Like 8

The last 4 hancocks I seen run were poor...

Personally if you want a collie cross,,your doing the right thing asking on here,,there's plenty good home bred dogs that knock spots of Hancock ...some line bred for generations,,,others that might have a touch of lurcher or whippet in the breeding,,,,,by far the better choose than a streight half cross

Ive seen an awful lot of hancock bred lurchers over the years and i find they give the breed a bad name,the hancocks breed a massive amount of lurchers and they will produce the odd diamond or 3,sadly they produce more slag heap lurchers than anything else.As you rightly state TOMO better Collie bred jukels are sourced away from Hancocks kennels and the influence of a little something else makes for a more purposeful mutt.

• Like 6

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything and has been worked hard. No picking runs no putting the breaks on and I would still give anything to have him at 18 month old again. My Wheaton is harder but would never be able to hunt and catch anything near to the amount of stuff Max has. Granted not all collie crosses are the same but no two dogs are the same either. It's horses for coarses. I'd be looking for a dog that suits the owners temperament and needs.

Just wondering I've never heard of a wheaton grey x collie grey but I suppose it's been done?

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything.

You have a collie cross that's single handed on everything and anything, sorry I'm not buying it, not calling you a liar just don't believe it has been truly tested...

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything.

You have a collie cross that's single handed on everything and anything, sorry I'm not buying it, not calling you a liar just don't believe it has been truly tested...

i take it the 93 in your user name refers to your year of birth.your just a boy you aint seen nothing yet.

• Like 2

I take it you won't be taking a pup then shaddy

• Like 1

They certainly exist,ive seem a few very,very useful Collie bred lurchers,nothing else in the mix and they equipped themselves above and beyond what many would accept as the norm,its getting lurcher to lurcher breeding with some honesty behind their heritage that stands decent uns above the usual dross.

Just wondering I've never heard of a wheaton grey x collie grey but I suppose it's been done?

some boys i speak to Liverpool way had one and reckon he was best fox dog they'd seen

also fairly sure GVC had a bitch bred this way out of 1st x collie grey to 1st x wheaton grey but she died young.

• Like 1

Not everyone wants to smash 3 a night 4 nights in the week, some just want a dog that whatever pops up the dog can catch, in the same way a 22 rimmy wouldn't be my first choice for foxes but the can and do drop foxes well..... that old adage of horses for courses, there's bull greyhounds that can kill daytime quarry well but would fail miserably on the fens..... judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree and it will forever spend it's life thinking it's not good enough