First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

don't think al ever ask a collie cross related question ever again on here pmsl so glad am putting it over a first x Beddygrey to save the day. ? if collie x are that bad wouldn't you think they wouldn't be many around but yet just about every good all rounder has some collie in it down the line some where another we'll at least the ones I have seen have thanks for the input lads but it looks like beddy crosses are the best dogs around what do you think northernlite ?

Bull greys on deer??? I'll have what your smoking, you have to slip them doubled up on foxes because single handed they'd get straight lined,,stick to putting 80-90lb dogs on 25-30lb animals and calling them game lol and leave the fast stuff to real running dogs

• Like 5

don't think al ever ask a collie cross related question ever again on here pmsl so glad am putting it over a first x Beddygrey to save the day. if collie x are that bad wouldn't you think they wouldn't be many around but yet just about every good all rounder has some collie in it down the line some where another we'll at least the ones I have seen have thanks for the input lads but it looks like beddy crosses are the best dogs around what do you think northernlite

what can I say to that but you no far wrong Ritchie lol
  • Like 1

don't think al ever ask a collie cross related question ever again on here pmsl so glad am putting it over a first x Beddygrey to save the day. if collie x are that bad wouldn't you think they wouldn't be many around but yet just about every good all rounder has some collie in it down the line some where another we'll at least the ones I have seen have thanks for the input lads but it looks like beddy crosses are the best dogs around what do you think northernlite

what can I say to that but you no far wrong Ritchie lol
we know pal we know

f**k sake ,why do people take the extreme of every cross to compare lurchers ,I'm sure if you look towards the centre ground there will be a decent mutt there regardless if the breeding ,just pick one that suits the work you do ,but why waste all your energy ,slagging dogs you'll never own haha

• Like 4

f**k sake ,why do people take the extreme of every cross to compare lurchers ,I'm sure if you look towards the centre ground there will be a decent mutt there regardless if the breeding ,just pick one that suits the work you do ,but why waste all your energy ,slagging dogs you'll never own haha

Ave made me mind up regardless what some people think about Collie crosses as a think the breeding of a first x collie to a first cross beddy will throw some good pups and am using gvc dog to be the sire over me bitch if all goes to plan. Edited by Richie87
  • Like 1

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything and has been worked hard. No picking runs no putting the breaks on and I would still give anything to have him at 18 month old again. My Wheaton is harder but would never be able to hunt and catch anything near to the amount of stuff Max has. Granted not all collie crosses are the same but no two dogs are the same either. It's horses for coarses. I'd be looking for a dog that suits the owners temperament and needs.
Just wondering I've never heard of a wheaton grey x collie grey but I suppose it's been done?
This is a first cross to first cross collie greyhound/Wheaton greyhound. She was a really good allrounder lost through injury whilst working.

post-23657-0-02319400-1477938447_thumb.png

• Like 5

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything and has been worked hard. No picking runs no putting the breaks on and I would still give anything to have him at 18 month old again. My Wheaton is harder but would never be able to hunt and catch anything near to the amount of stuff Max has. Granted not all collie crosses are the same but no two dogs are the same either. It's horses for coarses. I'd be looking for a dog that suits the owners temperament and needs.
Just wondering I've never heard of a wheaton grey x collie grey but I suppose it's been done?
This is a first cross to first cross collie greyhound/Wheaton greyhound. She was a really good allrounder lost through injury whilst working.
looked a strong dog pal
  • Like 1

Ave made me mind up regardless what some people think about Collie crosses as a think the breeding of a first x collie to a first cross beddy will throw some good pups and am using gvc dog to be the sire over me bitch.
Sound mate ,as long as you are happy,that's all that matters ,

just think it get ridiculous folk getting personal of the question you asked :D

Good luck with the breeding,and hope you get what you want,........

Have you thought about using a bull cross?

:D

• Like 2