• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

I must be missing something. England failed to beat 2 second rate teams and squeaked a win against Wales by the skin of their teeth, but somehow they played well? I'd hate to see them playing poorly.

If you play a team with absolutely no effort to get out of their own half and sole purpose is to defend a 0-0 draw it's difficult to break down, yes England should've beat them, and god knows they tried every avenue to score, just didn't happen....

But I get your point

They hit everything but the back of the net, I'm a big England critic but they actual played really nice football tonight IMHO

If those final balls start to click then it looks positive to me.......remember, no team wants to go home so every game is a final.

As I have said many times I regard England as shit but those lads tonight (especially first half) looked like they had a bit of conviction about them.

• Like 1

First half went well and then Slovakia could give Mouhrino a lesson on parking the bus in the second half. Once they took off an attacking player and replaced him with a second left back Clyne became ineffective. Prior to that he was the best hope of creating a goal. After that it was like banging their heads against a wall. The only thing I think they could have tried is to fall back into their own half, draw the Slovaks forward and then try and hit them on the counter using Vardy. The constant pressure of the last fifteen minutes just compressed 11 white shirts into the 18 yard box. No way through.

• Like 2

First half went well and then Slovakia could give Mouhrino a lesson on parking the bus in the second half. Once they took off an attacking player and replaced him with a second left back Clyne became ineffective. Prior to that he was the best hope of creating a goal. After that it was like banging their heads against a wall. The only thing I think they could have tried is to fall back into their own half, draw the Slovaks forward and then try and hit them on the counter using Vardy. The constant pressure of the last fifteen minutes just compressed 11 white shirts into the 18 yard box. No way through.

spot on that, true every time england had the ball and pushed forward , there were 10 feckin white shirts around the box , it would be hard even for spain to break that down. your right we should let them come at us in our 1/2 deff, i f we had walker on he would have done that brill deff

I've never know a team defend a losing position so determinedly. They knew that they needed to win to have a chance of going through yet they played like they were 1:0 up in a cup final. Bizarre!

• Like 1

I've never know a team defend a losing position so determinedly. They knew that they needed to win to have a chance of going through yet they played like they were 1:0 up in a cup final. Bizarre!

Played for 3rd place and 4 points, 4 points could well see them through so it was a very negative gamble.

Made for a real frustrating game as an England fan.

Wilshere was very poor, his touch was awful, but I don't think Ali has had the best of it either, Henderson looked pretty good though.

Would of rather seen Rashford instead of Kane, his pace and trickery might have opened them up, Kane is far easier for a defender like skrtle (spelling!!) to defend.

The good thing is whoever we play now has to come out and play, and I'm sure there are goals in this team once the gloves are off, the bad new is, the centre backs and the keeper aren't filling me with confidence!!

• Like 1

Why together stronger?

Sounds like one of the catchphrases Cameron keeps rattling off every time somebody asks him a question :)

It's just a slogan, it just says that fans and players have a unity. In Wales we tend to get behind our teams be that in rugby or football, what I can gather a lot of English can't wait to slag there team off, so not such a bad slogan .
  • Like 1

Why together stronger?

Sounds like one of the catchphrases Cameron keeps rattling off every time somebody asks him a question :)

It's just a slogan, it just says that fans and players have a unity. In Wales we tend to get behind our teams be that in rugby or football, what I can gather a lot of English can't wait to slag there team off, so not such a bad slogan .

Not wrong there John,

I've enjoyed this tournament so far, obviously a bit frustrating when you can't grab the goal but just enjoy it...

• Like 1