Why together stronger?

Sounds like one of the catchphrases Cameron keeps rattling off every time somebody asks him a question :)

It's just a slogan, it just says that fans and players have a unity. In Wales we tend to get behind our teams be that in rugby or football, what I can gather a lot of English can't wait to slag there team off, so not such a bad slogan .
Not wrong there John,

I've enjoyed this tournament so far, obviously a bit frustrating when you can't grab the goal but just enjoy it...

I am enjoying it butty, whatever happens from here in we've done ok and I'm proud of the team.

Especially when those top football pundits like Lawrenson and Max said we'd do crap........it's great to prove the experts wrong. :)

• Like 3

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

Northern Ireland, Turkey or Albania for us on Saturday then, fancy our chances against any of them tbh.

I do to tbh mate,

Not bad for newbies at this tournament football eh!! Lol

• Like 1

:)

My missus said "you can win this"........she's English though and you know how they get carried away at tournaments. LOL.

In all seriousness we've done really well getting here, we topped the group which is also brilliant BUT this is where it really gets down to it. Knockouts now and anything can happen, so good luck to everybody and let's enjoy the ride.

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!

I think folk have underestimated just how important winning the group was.....if im not wrong England could now face Portugal then France then Germany !......my plans were to stay in France if we topped the group as we would of played Saturday but now playing Monday instead i couldnt face staying there all week the place is so depressing 90% of the country im sure dont even know theres a football tournament on they just havent entered into the spirit of it at all i know they have other problems at the moment but even so.....good luck to the Welsh i think they,ve done ok,personally i dont think they have enough to get past the better sides i think England have played 3 poor teams to be honest,the fact that we have totally dominated all 3 of them but only beaten 1 has got to be a huge worry for Hodgson.

Someone showed me an interesting statistic that just about sums us up.....since the tournament began Croatia have had 9 scoring chances and scored 5 goals......Italy have had 5 scoring chances and scored 3 goals.......England have had 56 scoring chances and scored 3 goals !!

So far this is as good as ive seen us play for a long time we are dominating teams.....had Vardy or Sturridge scored the sitters they missed the other night we would be full of enthusiasm but thats the fine lines at tournament football.

• Like 1

First half went well and then Slovakia could give Mouhrino a lesson on parking the bus in the second half. Once they took off an attacking player and replaced him with a second left back Clyne became ineffective. Prior to that he was the best hope of creating a goal. After that it was like banging their heads against a wall. The only thing I think they could have tried is to fall back into their own half, draw the Slovaks forward and then try and hit them on the counter using Vardy. The constant pressure of the last fifteen minutes just compressed 11 white shirts into the 18 yard box. No way through.

Its the same in any sport.....as a fighter its hard to beat an opponent who is not trying to beat you.....how many times do we see sides like Arsenal have virtually 90 minutes possession of the ball but cant break the other side down.......nobody can force an opponent to be more ambitious if their mindset is to just dig in and survive.

Why together stronger?

Sounds like one of the catchphrases Cameron keeps rattling off every time somebody asks him a question :)

It's just a slogan, it just says that fans and players have a unity. In Wales we tend to get behind our teams be that in rugby or football, what I can gather a lot of English can't wait to slag there team off, so not such a bad slogan .

They make me f****n sick to be honest all these silly c**ts lapping up the Premier League every week but then sit their scratching their canister wondering why it dont work like that at International level !.....all the pretend patriots loyal to their nation throughout the year but then when theres a football tournament they cant wait to stick the boot in.......you expect it from our scum media but now it seems if we dont win every football match we play there will be folk sitting waiting to have a cowardly little prod and a poke.....every other nation gets behind their side !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Yep gnasher16 and every other nation gets right behind whosever playing you lot.struggled against Russia , last min winner against a poor poor Welsh display and couldn't score against what looked like the worst team in the euros. Ur going home

Seems like a lot of football just to eliminate 8 of 24 teams. Might as well have made it 8 groups of 4.., with top 2 going through, then Scotland MIGHT have made it along too. ?

Said earlier in the thread that England need to improve some, but I think they can & will. In fact I've just bet them to win the comp at 11s.

Edited by pesky1972

England are doing OK ish I think ,I would be worried if we weren't creating chances , I don't really get het up over international football but I think they have played as well as anyone ,not as clinical as some ,but one game with two or three goals will change the whole mood .

• Like 1