Walker and rose have been excellent , Rooney awesome but people still dig at him but that will not change and lallani was great both games, Kane and alli look shattered and I will not waste my breath on sterling ...

Spot on, if it was an Italian or German performing like Rooney in the last 2 games everyone would be pissing right up their back, but Rooney gets stick. Or at least reluctant praise, yes he might come unstuck against better opposition, but he hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

I mentioned Wilshere earlier, although I really rate Ali I'd like to see Wilshere have at least a half in that role.

Would keep with Vardy and Sturridge from the start now instead of Kane and Sterling (who's been awful).

The big surprise for me has been Llana, always looked a real skillful player but his work rate and commitment to add to the skill has been great.

What about Rooney needlessly giving away the free kick that Bale scored from? Totally unnecessary foul and even more stupid given the distance from goal and Bale's known ability. Granted Rooney has had his moments in the last two games, but he's still not sure whether he is an attacking midfielder or defending midfielder. A lot of his passes are conservative at least.

• Like 1

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

Walker and rose have been excellent , Rooney awesome but people still dig at him but that will not change and lallani was great both games, Kane and alli look shattered and I will not waste my breath on sterling ...

Spot on, if it was an Italian or German performing like Rooney in the last 2 games everyone would be pissing right up their back, but Rooney gets stick. Or at least reluctant praise, yes he might come unstuck against better opposition, but he hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

I mentioned Wilshere earlier, although I really rate Ali I'd like to see Wilshere have at least a half in that role.

Would keep with Vardy and Sturridge from the start now instead of Kane and Sterling (who's been awful).

The big surprise for me has been Llana, always looked a real skillful player but his work rate and commitment to add to the skill has been great.

What about Rooney needlessly giving away the free kick that Bale scored from? Totally unnecessary foul and even more stupid given the distance from goal and Bale's known ability. Granted Rooney has had his moments in the last two games, but he's still not sure whether he is an attacking midfielder or defending midfielder. A lot of his passes are conservative at least.

Fair enough mate, he made a mistake and we were punished.

We've set up with 2 attacking fullbacks so Rooneys role is to find them with raking diagonal balls, which he is regularly and it's working, both Rose and Walker have been great and rooney has found them or hit the space behind well.

We won't get the time or the space against the better sides, we know that, the game will become more compact and Rooney will be pressured earlier, but he can cope with that, I agree he needs to play a bit further advanced but he loves having the ball, he has come deep for it all his career, we moan that players don't like having the ball are scared to take the ball in all areas of the pitch etc and here we have someone willing too and he still condemned, we can't win really.

We're England fans and half the time we're let down, we should of stuffed the Russians (if Hodgson had made the same subs as this game we would of) and we played very well and beat the Welsh (which was a real potential banana skin), let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

It's about as good football I can remember seeing them play for a long long time, I don't care about the opposition cause we've looked shit against good and bad in the past...

• Like 2

Lol,that's right kev "enioy it while you can".let's hope your fans behave themselves, ;).atb dc

I'm enjoying it Sean, no great expectations from me, always fancied us getting out of the group, then it's a lottery, but I think we'll have an alright run, at least they're playing a bit of football.

You Welsh lads must be loving it, been speaking to Johnny a bit he's right up for it fair play to him :thumbs:

Nicepix, England won the game and you just sound like you want a moan about Rooney, alli got caught with the ball loads of times and you don't say a word, anyway ok he made a mistake but in all as been a awesome player for England so far, when we lose I can just imagine the stick rooneys gunna get from you...

Nicepix, England won the game and you just sound like you want a moan about Rooney, alli got caught with the ball loads of times and you don't say a word, anyway ok he made a mistake but in all as been a awesome player for England so far, when we lose I can just imagine the stick rooneys gunna get from you...

I was answering a comment that Rooney hadn't put a foot wrong. He made the kind of stupid foul that is not befitting of his role as captain. If Ali had have done that it would have been true to form. But Rooney should know better.

• Like 1

Lol,that's right kev "enioy it while you can".let's hope your fans behave themselves, ;).atb dc

I'm enjoying it Sean, no great expectations from me, always fancied us getting out of the group, then it's a lottery, but I think we'll have an alright run, at least they're playing a bit of football.

You Welsh lads must be loving it, been speaking to Johnny a bit he's right up for it fair play to him :thumbs:

I can forsee a 5 aside game along with the fishing ;).I'm not a fan of football kev but enjoyed wales proformances so far-what will be,will be pal ,happy days.atb sean
  • Like 1

Ronaldo seems to have turned into a right jumped up prick at club and international level

It's me me me for that lad

I thought that about him but their is a documentary on Netflixs and that shows what kind of guy he his, a true family man and an unbelievable footballer

I thought the Wales game would of been an injustice if we hadnt won we were far and away the better side,i like the way we,re playing i just wish we would play at the same pace as we play in the premier league......Rooney is playing well and seems to of found a position that suits him i just wonder if its at a cost to the rest of the team though as we seem to be building up from the back at a pace that suits Rooney rather than what suits the team we havent seen the best of Kane or Alli and maybe its because they play in a fast moving Spurs side and we,re playing slowly.......bollocks though im well happy with how its going,back out tomorrow for the Slovakia game and packing enough clobber for a few weeks this time :whistling: ​well we can hope !

I think Bales " passion " comments came back to bite him in the arse....maybe if the Welsh had been a bit more passionate they would of got out their own half occasionally......i think Bale has been poor he has had 2 free kick goalkeeping errors go his way but apart from that he hasnt really had a look in.......ive got a theory with these free kicks,why do goalkeepers still need a wall ?.....the reason both of Bales free kicks went in was because the keepers didnt see them till late,they wasn't particularly great strikes on the training ground with no wall keepers would save them all day long so why put a wall in the way.....years ago i can understand it as players couldnt dip a ball like some can today but to me a wall these days is to the strikers advantage not the keepers.

And i think putting blame on Rooney for giving away a free kick is a bit strong he,s a midfielder he,s going to give away free kicks......anyway lets hope we keep growing into the tournament and full steam ahead.

As for Ronaldo he,s a class act and a charming fella apparently,does a lot for kids and is a dedicated family man.......as a footballer ive said for a few years now he,s the best ive ever seen.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

But a arsehole on the pitch when things not going his way :)

Good......who wants to see a player happy and content with failure.....i like his desire and will to succeed without it he probably wouldnt of got where he has.

• Like 2