Hunting Life Member Attacked.

No I never donated, like I say once hed been offered 3 or 4 sets of binos, I thought that was that

They're probably on ebay now.

The thing I don't get, is if it was a con, why say they were cheapy binos and not a 2 grand pair of Swaros? :hmm:

As said don't think it was meant to be a con, think it spiralled out of control.

I just think there should've come a time when he put his hands up and said I don't need any donations lads, my bins are replaced thanks..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you all for your kind words its andys wife tonya, he is on the mend though still in pain and having nightmares about the attack so the nights are long and seem to have extra hours in them! but w

a message from andy..........i am am overwhelmed by the kind responses and gifts you have sent for me for my recovery, a bleak beginning to last week has ended with my faith in humanity being restored

hi lads and lasses its tonya, it happened just outside of edmundbyre near derwent i cant really say much at the minute as some of the villagers may have an idea who it could have been and the wildlife

Posted Images

It must have been the knock to his head. For a good while he wasn't able to come on here and his missus did all the posting for him. Well.. Until that multiple fracture to the collar bone healed!!

I wonder if he can't log on here? Because FB is working for him /her!!?

I can't help feeling sorry for Andy tbh...........he's probably never done anybody any harm in his life...........Just my opinion........but i think the silly old buggers fell over and felt stupid..........and told the daft story, its been second hand anyway, its just got out of hand i reckon, and he couldn't stop it? What would everybody say if he refused the donations? I think thinking he planned this is f***ing crazy................its just snowballed and he couldn't do anything about it i hope?

He should come on put things straight, we all f**k up sometimes, if its a snowball job its not the end of the world is it? If Andy is a half decent type he's probably in a bad place right now..........i don't know the bloke.............so he could be a wrongun? but i hope not?

They'd think better of him than they do at the moment.

Maybe it did snowball, but just saying "no thanks" would have ended it right there.

Your'e right Walshie, no need for him to add things on like that, or could have refused the donations, maybe he is a bent f****r, i just felt a bit sorry for the bloke if he told a daft story that got out of hand, if that's out of character for him as a rule anyway? But at the end of the day he's had enough time to put things straight now, it don't look like that's going to happen does it?

I think this page might need editing :D: http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/223308-where-to-buy-purse-nets-net-guide-read-here/ scroll down to where g

To buy nets....there's a phone number there you would have thought somebody would have gave him a call .... just saying like .[/quote

Well go on then seening you are offering then you can put the story straight for him ?

One thing that struck me as a bit odd was not even a pm or post to thank people individually.

Yes, I did think it a bit offhand not to even acknowledge the donation I made. Seems I'm not the only one. I wish this whole sorry tale could have a happy ending, but when someone refuses to explain themselves we tend to think the worst. It's a shame, because I'll probably not donate to anyone again in a similar situation unless there is absolute proof that the story they are telling is true. It's a sad, sad world when people lie through their teeth for their own gain, and con their friends, even if it is just online mates from a forum. I've never met the guy, unlikely to. But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, when you read of people who claim to have cancer to raise funds for their treatment and then abscond with the money.

• Like 4

One thing that struck me as a bit odd was not even a pm or post to thank people individually.

Yes, I did think it a bit offhand not to even acknowledge the donation I made. Seems I'm not the only one. I wish this whole sorry tale could have a happy ending, but when someone refuses to explain themselves we tend to think the worst. It's a shame, because I'll probably not donate to anyone again in a similar situation unless there is absolute proof that the story they are telling is true. It's a sad, sad world when people lie through their teeth for their own gain, and con their friends, even if it is just online mates from a forum. I've never met the guy, unlikely to. But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, when you read of people who claim to have cancer to raise funds for their treatment and then abscond with the money.

Spot on Penny. It is a sad world. Same as you I probably won't donate under similar circumstances again.

I haven't read all the thread so don't know the craic n maybe theres a genuine reason but it is strange that even a comment from him or someone associated with him hasn't been put forward but if was to turn out to be a fiddle karma will have the last say I'm a firm believer in that..