Further Update On New Lurcher Association

When do you expect this to be up and running and what will the membership cost and include..

we're currently working on a website and are exploring an opportunity thats popped up. We are working as quick as we can around work and home committments. We'll keep everyone informed as we know more.Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

We have already met with the CA and will be working with them

what does this mean money to be paid to join the c/a or will there just be membership fees for this lurcher club ?

Why are you concerned? You said you aren't going to join. All you have done is be negative, so why don't you leave this thread to those who want to work toward defending our sport. There is no point in raking over ashes and 'we should ahve done this' etc, because none of us have done anything for ten years, so we've all ourselves to blame.

Onward and upwards.

Although I won't be interested joining I may be willing to donate to it but sorry I asked about money won't comment again or add to this thread thanks for your advise was most enlighten atb

We have already met with the CA and will be working with them

what does this mean money to be paid to join the c/a or will there just be membership fees for this lurcher club ?

Why are you concerned? You said you aren't going to join. All you have done is be negative, so why don't you leave this thread to those who want to work toward defending our sport. There is no point in raking over ashes and 'we should ahve done this' etc, because none of us have done anything for ten years, so we've all ourselves to blame.

Onward and upwards.

Membership etc will be sorted by an elected committee when we have things in place for a committee to take over.

We are working with the CA as they are the body to represent us to the politicians who make laws. The relationship with the CA is to get them to actively do more for the working lurcher and its owners

The fact is chaps, lurchers are fast becoming the next pitbull, just type hunting dog in a search engine, 'pet killers' with 'what if it were a child' quoted every time, there has never been a greater need for this organization to help put a stop to this scare mongering and sensationalized stories by shit journalists and anti scum, everybody on the forum should be backing this regardless of what you think of the people steering it, I read one thin in an newspaper article that its a legal requirement that greyhounds should be on a lead and muzzled in public places :(

it has always been a legal requirement for greyhounds to wear a muzzle in public places :yes:

Is it? All the UK or just Ireland? Never new that one, thank P.

The fact is chaps, lurchers are fast becoming the next pitbull, just type hunting dog in a search engine, 'pet killers' with 'what if it were a child' quoted every time, there has never been a greater need for this organization to help put a stop to this scare mongering and sensationalized stories by shit journalists and anti scum, everybody on the forum should be backing this regardless of what you think of the people steering it, I read one thin in an newspaper article that its a legal requirement that greyhounds should be on a lead and muzzled in public places :(

it has always been a legal requirement for greyhounds to wear a muzzle in public places :yes:

just Ireland i believe, i also seam to remember the number one person can walk at the same time is 2 or it might be 3

Do you really believe that? Or are you just using your own form of sensationalism?

Yes lurchers do get bad press but trying to compare them to pit bulls and becoming a banned breed is a little OTT imo.

• Like 1

Complete bell end letting the dogs off near houses no need for it get out the way or keep them on..
The guy probably is a belend but articles like these tar us all.

Accidents happen. None of us are whiter than white. What's happened is very sad. And we all need to take care where we let our dogs off the lead. Not just lurchers but any dogs. Most dogs will chase and kill a cat given half a chance. Like cats chase rats. It's nature.

As for comparing a dog killing a cat to a child. FFS these people really need to get a grip of themselves.

Both of my dogs would kill a cat given half the chance, it's up to me to stop that happening. But a kiddy? What a joke.

BCE210B7-DB2E-4094-BB28-5BF8C21436DD_zps

• Like 2

if a cat is roaming the woods and a lurcher grabs it then you cannot blame the dog. After all, the cat was in the woods looking for something to kill anyway. It is just nature. However, it should be avoided if possible. My own dog is 110% with cats in the street, he won't chase them. But in the woods when he's on excersise, then who can blame a dog for chasing a cat?

As for a dog killing a cat in the street, yes, again, regrettable. BUT there are a thousand times more cats killed by cars than dogs in the UK. Accidents are accidents. You cannot legislate against accidents.

Yeh daft to compare to a child your right there but a lot of people now compare there dogs and cats to the equivalent of a child don't they and can sympathise with the woman in the article on what she saw as v seen it from both sides n wouldn't want some out of control dodgy dog doing damage to one of mine especially my smaller one, just asking for trouble letting dogs off in residential areas like, I did it as a kid n knew no better were the inevitable happen'd a few times, realised the errors of them ways along time ago wouldn't dream of doing it once I'd grown up, so yeh them articles don't help but the fella should've known better n if he had half a brain atleast that one article wouldn't of been written..

Do you really believe that? Or are you just using your own form of sensationalism?

Yes lurchers do get bad press but trying to compare them to pit bulls and becoming a banned breed is a little OTT imo.

Bulldogs becoming a banned breed is ridiculous, your telling me we don't have ridiculous laws and potentially more ridiculous laws to come? That's how the breed ban started because of articles like that.

just Ireland i believe, i also seam to remember the number one person can walk at the same time is 2 or it might be 3

Its two max. In public area that's not a track or similar place, just had brief read on it