The Lad Starting Smoking

Dont lungs repair after 10 years ?

that's what I thought mate, but according to my doc , no there scared for ever . but at least I not making it any worse to it, not smoking 25 years I am 63 and am quite fit, lamp couple times a week 3 hours , don't think I could do this if hadn't packed the fags up, as I was out of breath back then . :yes:

Fair play mate

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start of with you an the wife quitting smoking, setting an example, he probably thinks its OK, cause you an the wife smokes.

To be honest if he's smoking in front of you at 13 is be far more worried about the lack of respect my son had for me. I would question if my son was willing to have such disrespect what next?   It'

Don't punish him at all.   Sit him down and explain how smoking will shorten all your lives and then come up with a plan to all stop.   If you want I could email him and describe my experiences o

Yeah take all his stuff off him then he be out on streets doing it.. ?

but he is already doing it ,he just might think that doing the things he really loves are more important than smoking,i smoked at his age but never in front of my parents ,that says no respect,when i was his age i would have got my ears boxed and made to eat a few packets of fags at the very least but apparently you cant do that these days

Take him down a gym or get him playing football or rugby.......infact anything that gets him around strong fit healthy kids and let him work it our for himself.............why kids would start smoking in this day and age is beyond me !

Edited by gnasher16

I must say if I EVER catch any of mine with fag in mouth I will slap thing out of there mouth. I've never so much as tried a fag in my life and tbh even with most of my family smokers I grew up with a pure hatred towards smoking and anything involved with it, refused to touch/pass over fags lighters ash trays ect and still the same to this day, my kids seem to be the same so far it creeps them out a bit happy with that. Although summer time there at the shows my 2yo daughter was playing about on the ground at the out door food court when she stood up with a fecking doubt in her mouth, I felt sick and made her mum clean her mouth out with baby wipes lol couldn't even look at her for days after haha

• Like 1

my mum and dad both smoke but dont think that was an excuse as to why i tried it. Wasnt peer pressure either i was just curious after a while. I got caught having a fag in school and the teacher made me ring home. My dad answered which probably had more affect than if it was my mum. Not because he went mad, he did the opposite. Told me infront of the teacher his gonna make me eat a box of fags when i get home. Left the school and on the way home he just explained he knows all kids try it and how its stupid and all the health risks. Never smoked a fag since.

• Like 1

To be honest if he's smoking in front of you at 13 is be far more worried about the lack of respect my son had for me. I would question if my son was willing to have such disrespect what next?

It's our jobs not to be mates or pals with them it's our jobs to be parents. Lead by example mate no ifs no buts

• Like 8

Good post seeker..something i have learned about being a parent is that.yes am his best mate but am a parent first. Something I got wrong in the first place I think.my son responds to me better with ruils and a rotean in place..

• Like 3

Good post seeker..something i have learned about being a parent is that.yes am his best mate but am a parent first. Something I got wrong in the first place I think.my son responds to me better with ruils and a rotean in place..

amen! my mum n dad seem to play good cop bad cop with my younger sister. She isnt upto anything really but annoyes me how my mum acts more like a friend to her than she did me n my brother. We was upto far worse infact shes upto f**k all lol but thats not the point.

I read the post after a few beers but his smoking infront of you? that would bother me more than the smoking itself. Total lack of respect im sorry to say. Im 23 just over 6ft i wouldnt so much as swear infront of my mum lol. Sod all she could do but have enough sense when to behave.

Every kids different n will react different, aint no right or wrong way with parenting. The smoking is wrong and how you go about it i guess depends on the kid and you as a parent aswell as the relationship you have.

I liie gnashers post about getting the kid into something. Not just smoking then but all the other shit like drugs that comes years later. He will have his reason to give his mates if ever faced with peer pressure and something to focus on to stay away from other trouble that he dont need to be doing.

Get him an ecig and wean him off maybe?

Know its just an idea and opinion but f**k me i felt to laugh n bad at the same time reading that. Buying a 13 year old an ecig to wean him off lol. Probably not politically correct and its just another opinion but i can sort out a visit to the mortuary? itll be a proper shock to the system. Or take the kid to meet someone whos got cancer and going through chemo. Its harsh n extreme and although the reality id be more up for trying other methods first. 13 and probably tried smoking his hardly gonna be able to afford a proper habbit. You know your kid n how hell respsonde so nip it in the bud and thats that. Reason i like gnashers idea is that it also helps with alot of situations people will face growing up.

• Like 1

Get him an ecig and wean him off maybe?

Know its just an idea and opinion but f**k me i felt to laugh n bad at the same time reading that. Buying a 13 year old an ecig to wean him off lol. Probably not politically correct and its just another opinion but i can sort out a visit to the mortuary? itll be a proper shock to the system. Or take the kid to meet someone whos got cancer and going through chemo. Its harsh n extreme and although the reality id be more up for trying other methods first. 13 and probably tried smoking his hardly gonna be able to afford a proper habbit. You know your kid n how hell respsonde so nip it in the bud and thats that. Reason i like gnashers idea is that it also helps with alot of situations people will face growing up.

Sound idea in principle ,dare but trouble is the closest people in his life are smoking as well,so it's not going to put him off is it ?