Your Dinners In The Bin...........probably !

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

£3 per person for a decent roast dinner.....nah im not having that.

the meat is the only expense, veg costs next to nothing these days. how much is a chicken?? £6-7 leaves £8-9 quid for the rest.

If we the hunting community cant source meat there's something wrong. :thumbs:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its a throw away world now,when you didnt ate your dinner years ago yer ma used to say them we biaferins would be glad of that,lol..whatever happened them biaferins never hear anymore about them,.prob

All I can say is that most people must have far too much money if they can afford to buy then throw. In our house nothing is wasted or chucked. Maybe its because I'm of the 'older' generation who had

I think a lot has to do with doing the Big Shop   I remember my nana would go to the local shops every day to buy what was needed   My mother still goes to the shops every other day

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

The missus does our Sunday roast for 6 of us out of 20 quid every week and I'd bet it's better than some of these posh eateries lol.

Spoilt you are gnash lol.

I agree, for all the f***ing about and the cost of ingredients, it is cheaper to eat out for a full roast with all the trimmings.

However, for nice interesting grub like Spanish or Italian or even traditional English pies, hams, fish.....then it's cheaper to eat in.....by a mile.

You dont have to be Jamie Oliver either, buy good ingredients and let the taste speake for itself.

• Like 1

The missus does our Sunday roast for 6 of us out of 20 quid every week and I'd bet it's better than some of these posh eateries lol.

Posh eateries i was only on about a Toby carvery :D .......any room for a small one i,ll bring the snakes & ladders :laugh:

• Like 2

Posh eateries i was only on about a Toby carvery :D .......any room for a small one i,ll bring the snakes & ladders :laugh:
Toby carvery...is that like a Harvester? If it is then that's dead posh lol

Always welcome here gnash this is the valleys we're very accommodating here, always got a bit left over and if we're having beef you bring the horse radish lol.

the meat is the only expense, veg costs next to nothing these days. how much is a chicken?? £6-7 leaves £8-9 quid for the rest.

But chickens boring what if you want a nice joint of beef or a drop of lamb ?.......... im just collecting evidence now ;)

But chickens boring what if you want a nice joint of beef or a drop of lamb ?.......... im just collecting evidence now ;)

Lamb will cost you £15+ for the joint alone :thumbs: Ye cant beat a bit of roast beef with horseradish sauce.

• Like 1

Toby carvery...is that like a Harvester? If it is then that's dead posh lol

Always welcome here gnash this is the valleys we're very accommodating here, always got a bit left over and if we're having beef you bring the horse radish lol.

Awww bless your heart what a nice chap must admit ive never met a Welshman i didnt get on with.......not like that Tomo notice he didnt invite me greedy fat f****r just wants all the food for himself !.....In all fairness theres nothing better than a nice home made roast in good company beats pub grub for sure.

• Like 2

I'd rather not let things go to waste but i ain't gonna feel guilty about it if i do.

Though by the same token i hate folk who bin food because of sell by dates, rather than checking to see if its still edible.

What boils my piss is the perfect produce mentality that the supermarkets say we have. It pisses me off that good fruit n veg is binned before it reaches the shelves because it aint the right shape or size...

It pisses me off that trawlers can dump so much good fish to catch a certain type.

Thats food wastage on a massive scale!

Bloomin eck this thread is pretty funny!! We just plan set meals by what we need every 1-2 weeks meat can freeze so can some veg and other bits other stuff in the fridge it will last plenty long enough. Tins/dry food just a small stock we spend 60-80 quid a month. Just defrost stuff on the morning it's going to be cooked simples

I'd rather not let things go to waist but i ain't gonna feel guilty about it if i do.

Though by the same token i hate folk who bin food because of sell by dates, rather than checking to see if its still edible.

What boils my piss is the perfect produce mentality that the supermarkets say we have. It pisses me off that good fruit n veg is binned before it reaches the shelves because it aint the right shape or size...

It pisses me off that trawlers can dump so much good fish to catch a certain type.

Thats food wastage on a massive scale!

:yes: They waste far more perfectly edible food every day but it's the ordinary man that's made to feel guilty for throwing out a couple of spuds that have started sprouting!

• Like 3