Your Dinners In The Bin...........probably !

We get what we need when we need it from local shop, for that day. To be honest though it works out twice as expensive as it would if we went and actually done a shop in a supermarket.

But never no waste here with the animals, whatever it is between the stock here it gets ate.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its a throw away world now,when you didnt ate your dinner years ago yer ma used to say them we biaferins would be glad of that,lol..whatever happened them biaferins never hear anymore about them,.prob

All I can say is that most people must have far too much money if they can afford to buy then throw. In our house nothing is wasted or chucked. Maybe its because I'm of the 'older' generation who had

I think a lot has to do with doing the Big Shop   I remember my nana would go to the local shops every day to buy what was needed   My mother still goes to the shops every other day

I'm a tight fecker ,,,and unless there's mould growing on it,,,it gets eaten,,,

Even if I buy mince and it starts getting to brown,,,,the dogs get it,,,,but that happens very rarely

my wife like you will eat anything even if few days out of date, me I carnt because ive got very funny gut, just eating normal by/date food I get probs , have very loose bowls , been hospital cameras the lot inside me , found nothing , I only have eat anything and in 5 mins got to go to the bog, this is any food goes in my mouth, its fooked me up its governing my life badly. so make life easy for me it only fresh food as possible .

So tonight its chicken breast with chinese soy gravy.................what happens if by tonight you fancy a nice bit of fish and chips instead ? do you suffer eating a meal you dont really fancy just because thats what you bought earlier and thats whats got to be used !......stone me unless your on the poverty line food should be enjoyment as well as fuel dont tell me we can afford sky telly and the internet but we cant dare let a chicken breast go to waste.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Even if I buy mince and it starts getting to brown,,,,the dogs get it,,,,but that happens very rarely

my wife like you will eat anything even if few days out of date, me I carnt because ive got very funny gut, just eating normal by/date food I get probs , have very loose bowls , been hospital cameras the lot inside me , found nothing , I only have eat anything and in 5 mins got to go to the bog, this is any food goes in my mouth, its fooked me up its governing my life badly. so make life easy for me it only fresh food as possible .

Irritable bowel syndrome ?...........Im the exact opposite i have to force it out

Whats the texture of everyone elses shit like ? :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

We shop every couple of days, just buying what we need, and we keep a couple of loaves and bottles of milk in the chest freezer ( with the dog food !), 'for emergencies' - I can't imagine what kind of catastrophe could be resolved by making bread and butter pudding, but hey-ho !

To my mind, if I have, say, £100 of shopping in the cupboards, that's £100 of MY money sitting in Tesco's bank account, making interest for them - I prefer to keep my money in my pocket !

As a lad, we were quite a poor family, and throwing food away was almost a deadly sin ! We didn't get uneaten cabbage for breakfast (though my wife did !), but my mum made sure we ate whatever was put in front of us. A habit that stops waste and makes meal planning a whole lot easier.......!

• Like 2

Irritable bowel syndrome ?...........Im the exact opposite i have to force it out

Whats the texture of everyone elses shit like ? :laugh:

that's what my doc thinks it might be gnash ,? but being honest mate its does fook you up, because I know if have any food either , brek,dinner,tea, supper iwill want to go could be 3-4 times a day (loose) and you feel either weak or sick right after . as said it take over your life , say if want to out with me dog day/night I have to make sure I haven't eaten anting for good 8 hours, or your in the shit really lol , but joking apart gnash its governing my fookin life :yes:

I think the big shop now is out of need more than anything else , years ago most of the women were at home , today most are at work , hence the big shop ..times change ...

My sister said that to my mam.....My Mams answer was women these days are Lazy with no backbone

So tonight its chicken breast with chinese soy gravy.................what happens if by tonight you fancy a nice bit of fish and chips instead ? do you suffer eating a meal you dont really fancy just because thats what you bought earlier and thats whats got to be used !......stone me unless your on the poverty line food should be enjoyment as well as fuel dont tell me we can afford sky telly and the internet but we cant dare let a chicken breast go to waste.

Easy.....you just eat the chicken the following night or are suggesting just tossing the chicken in the bin because you don't fancy it? Well that's your business, I couldn't care less what you do......but we haven't reached that level of extravagance yet in this house haha....

• Like 2

As a lad, we were quite a poor family, and throwing food away was almost a deadly sin ! We didn't get uneaten cabbage for breakfast (though my wife did !), but my mum made sure we ate whatever was put in front of us. A habit that stops waste and makes meal planning a whole lot easier.......!

Exactly the same as us as kids.......i promised God id do whatever it took not to have to make my kids do that !.....like i say we,re supposed to have moved on from them days......aren't we ? :blink:

Edited by gnasher16

Easy.....you just eat the chicken the following night or are suggesting just tossing the chicken in the bin because you don't fancy it? Well that's your business, I couldn't care less what you do......but we haven't reached that level of extravagance yet in this house haha....

But if you are shopping day to day and have to use what you got on that day ?....thats my whole point.......otherwise its all thrown out of whack and the system breaks down :D

Edited by gnasher16

Once again, agreed !

Certainly in this house, food isn't a throw-away commodity, to be discarded willy-nilly like yesterday's newspaper !

My wife's stepmum goes through the fridge every few days and throws away stuff the day before it's SELL-BY date ! Because, obviously, food becomes toxic at midnight on the day before the shop needs to have sold it..........

Makes me bloody livid !

You've got to have some stock of stuff in the cupboards. You can't keep popping off to the shops each time you fancy a rice pud or a nice ham sarnie.

The whole thing that someone is monitoring how we live our lives really annoys me. If I wanted to buy £100 worth of shopping and set fire to it as soon as i get home, what difference would that make to anyone else?

I wouldn't waste stuff on purpose, but i couldn't live with the bare minimum on a day to day basis.

Wish I could afford to throw a bit of chicken out, you flash feckers. :D

Was brought up not to waste anything and its just stuck with me, the missus was brought up the same too so nowt gets wasted here. My missus will go down to town most days even if its to get bread and millk.

• Like 4

You've got to have some stock of stuff in the cupboards. You can't keep popping off to the shops each time you fancy a rice pud or a nice ham sarnie.

The whole thing that someone is monitoring how we live our lives really annoys me. If I wanted to buy £100 worth of shopping and set fire to it as soon as i get home, what difference would that make to anyone else?

I wouldn't waste stuff on purpose, but i couldn't live with the bare minimum on a day to day basis.

We keep a stock, of course ! Well, the street corner begging doesn't always go that well ! ;)

But I mean the people who have so much stuff, the cupboards can barely stay on the wall ! I've a friend who can hardly shut the fridge, but a week later, its empty - "it was out of date, so I chucked it out !" - and he doesn't see the solution ! Don't buy so much!

But if you are shopping day to day and have to use what you got on that day ?....thats my whole point.......otherwise its all thrown out of whack and the system breaks down :D

I do use a fridge mate, not everything I buy on the day gets eaten on the day..........buts it's constant hard work to keep the system from breaking down! Haha.....

To be truthful, I can't can't think to far ahead in terms of meals & making lists etc & I like using different local shops, plus supermarkets..........being a house husband sounds exciting, doesn't it? Haha.....