Your Dinners In The Bin...........probably !

You've got to have some stock of stuff in the cupboards. You can't keep popping off to the shops each time you fancy a rice pud or a nice ham sarnie.

The whole thing that someone is monitoring how we live our lives really annoys me. If I wanted to buy £100 worth of shopping and set fire to it as soon as i get home, what difference would that make to anyone else?

I wouldn't waste stuff on purpose, but i couldn't live with the bare minimum on a day to day basis.

I'm my case pretty much everything is made from scratch with fresh stuff........stock items are rice, pasta, spices etc etc

We eat very little pre packaged food..........it works for me ;-)

• Like 3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its a throw away world now,when you didnt ate your dinner years ago yer ma used to say them we biaferins would be glad of that,lol..whatever happened them biaferins never hear anymore about them,.prob

All I can say is that most people must have far too much money if they can afford to buy then throw. In our house nothing is wasted or chucked. Maybe its because I'm of the 'older' generation who had

I think a lot has to do with doing the Big Shop   I remember my nana would go to the local shops every day to buy what was needed   My mother still goes to the shops every other day

I'm a tight fecker ,,,and unless there's mould growing on it,,,it gets eaten,,,

Even if I buy mince and it starts getting to brown,,,,the dogs get it,,,,but that happens very rarely

my wife like you will eat anything even if few days out of date, me I carnt because ive got very funny gut, just eating normal by/date food I get probs , have very loose bowls , been hospital cameras the lot inside me , found nothing , I only have eat anything and in 5 mins got to go to the bog, this is any food goes in my mouth, its fooked me up its governing my life badly. so make life easy for me it only fresh food as possible .

Irritable bowel syndrome ?...........Im the exact opposite i have to force it out

Whats the texture of everyone elses shit like ? :laugh:

that's what my doc thinks it might be gnash ,? but being honest mate its does fook you up, because I know if have any food either , brek,dinner,tea, supper iwill want to go could be 3-4 times a day (loose) and you feel either weak or sick right after . as said it take over your life , say if want to out with me dog day/night I have to make sure I haven't eaten anting for good 8 hours, or your in the shit really lol , but joking apart gnash its governing my fookin life :yes:

A mates got the same thing Bird, the doc told him to eat roast potato skins a few times a week and it's worked wonders for him, just the skin, not the soft centre. Your gut can't break it down properly and it gives you a clean out supposedly? Might be worth a go?

So tonight its chicken breast with chinese soy gravy.................what happens if by tonight you fancy a nice bit of fish and chips instead ? do you suffer eating a meal you dont really fancy just because thats what you bought earlier and thats whats got to be used !......stone me unless your on the poverty line food should be enjoyment as well as fuel dont tell me we can afford sky telly and the internet but we cant dare let a chicken breast go to waste.

Easy.....you just eat the chicken the following night or are suggesting just tossing the chicken in the bin because you don't fancy it? Well that's your business, I couldn't care less what you do......but we haven't reached that level of extravagance yet in this house haha....

But if you are shopping day to day and have to use what you got on that day ?....thats my whole point.......otherwise its all thrown out of whack and the system breaks down :D

I do use a fridge mate, not everything I buy on the day gets eaten on the day..........buts it's constant hard work to keep the system from breaking down! Haha.....

To be truthful, I can't can't think to far ahead in terms of meals & making lists etc & I like using different local shops, plus supermarkets..........being a house husband sounds exciting, doesn't it? Haha.....

Oh well fair play then im on your side :thumbs:

Even if I buy mince and it starts getting to brown,,,,the dogs get it,,,,but that happens very rarely

my wife like you will eat anything even if few days out of date, me I carnt because ive got very funny gut, just eating normal by/date food I get probs , have very loose bowls , been hospital cameras the lot inside me , found nothing , I only have eat anything and in 5 mins got to go to the bog, this is any food goes in my mouth, its fooked me up its governing my life badly. so make life easy for me it only fresh food as possible .

f***ing hell Ray, bit too much info there mate !! Lol lol..........the image of your loose bowl movement will scar me for the rest of the day now !! Lol

• Like 2

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

Ray,,,seriously mate,,,get some aloe gel drink,,,,it tastes horrible but is great for irritable bowl,,,,also I would be looking at other things,...

Do you drink tea or coffe,,,both of these can make you go often,,,as well as the milk and sugar you put in..

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

You must be shopping at waitrose.....lol

People should be more concerned with what they're feeding their family these days. Too many parents cant be bothered to cook their young ones a proper meal with fresh veg and meat/fish. In would rather waste a bit of food from time to time and make sure i had fresh food in the fridge at all times.

• Like 1

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

Irritable bowel syndrome ?...........Im the exact opposite i have to force it out

Whats the texture of everyone elses shit like ? :laugh:

that's what my doc thinks it might be gnash ,? but being honest mate its does fook you up, because I know if have any food either , brek,dinner,tea, supper iwill want to go could be 3-4 times a day (loose) and you feel either weak or sick right after . as said it take over your life , say if want to out with me dog day/night I have to make sure I haven't eaten anting for good 8 hours, or your in the shit really lol , but joking apart gnash its governing my fookin life :yes:

A mates got the same thing Bird, the doc told him to eat roast potato skins a few times a week and it's worked wonders for him, just the skin, not the soft centre. Your gut can't break it down properly and it gives you a clean out supposedly? Might be worth a go?

thanks mate , will give it a go :thumbs: , my wife puts them in the oven in silver foil , and they were nice like that , as I will eat the lot that way , I will try to eat more of them and see how it goes. I ve had tests showed nothing , I ve been on anti acid tabs before to try stop wind, belching, shits , not really sure if they done any good. ive stopped taking them now , and got send of sample in 2 weeks time lol and see what they say from it. but just been looking a I./b/s conditions and I think you can take some tabs to help it, stress and some foods can make it worse , but it seems for me any food as yet,. maybe I am stressed and didn't really no it lol, but looking in to it really , I not very happy with my life and maybe that's not helped it either lol. I prob need to win the lottery and piss off and start fresh in Oz with some pig dogs , and plenty of wide open spaces to have a shits out there :thumbs:

You must be shopping at waitrose.....lol

Whats it cost to do a roast then cant be much off a score...........f**k it i might start asking for receipts :D

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

£3 per person for a decent roast dinner.....nah im not having that.

Gnash I only buy beef when it's on offer usually otherwise it chicken,,,,I don't usually spend more than 7 quid on it,,,

And it feeds us lot including the mother in law,,,who's often at ours on a Sunday ,,,only a few quid for vege,,,

• Like 1