Ghosts\ghost Stories

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

Personally I don't believe in ghosts.

Having done pest control in some very old buildings, I've had a few strange, and currently unexplainable encounters. I won't claim that they're ghosts without evidence though.

Anyone else notice that the amount of ghost, UFO, and bigfoot sightings have dropped since the rise of everyone on the planet carrying a smart device? Devices that can produce HD pictures and video?

I would have thought that there would be more evidence by now. :hmm:

It's a little convenient don't you think that ghosts only appear on camera as orbs (flakes of dust.)

It's a little convenient don't you think that ghosts only appear on camera as orbs (flakes of dust.)

It is! :laugh:

We could be dealing with a genuine phenomena that simply cannot be detected, currently. It doesn't mean that it won't be in the future.

But with the advance of technology I would have thought that there would be more evidence, not less.

As the techonology has been advanced it's gone further into debunking "ghost" sightings. Certain sound frequencies causing visual and auditory hallucinations. Electromagnetic fields causing uncertain feelings in certain individuals. Thermal imaging and night vision explaining animals as the cause.

It doesn't help that popular paranormal shows have been exposed as frauds, for entertainment purposes, but if it makes a generation more skeptical and more willing to ask questions instead of accepting gut feelings as truth, I'm all for it.

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1

Do I believe in ghosts? Nah. Do I believe that there are other senses (yet to be discovered and tested) other than the ones we used on a day to day basis? Yes.

As the sceptics have pointed out the brain is a very powerful organ, and I do not think that we actually know how powerful it can be yet.

TC

• Like 4

If anyone's interested in how the brain works its worth checking out the work of Rupert Sheldrake, some really mind blowing results, like proving our brain works on a delay, up to 5 seconds or so, hard to figure that out?

Do I believe in ghosts? Nah. Do I believe that there are other senses (yet to be discovered and tested) other than the ones we used on a day to day basis? Yes.

As the sceptics have pointed out the brain is a very powerful organ, and I do not think that we actually know how powerful it can be yet.

TC

I think the problem is that we are losing our senses. Maybe calling them ghosts is just a convenient form of labelling for a brief hint of a sensory ability that along with many others are being lost to a reliance on technology ,conformist teaching and mental numbness.

How many people-especially hunters-have acted on an immeasurable and untestable "sixth-sense" and profited? How many others have ignored it and thought "Bollxcks. I should have followed the funny feeling"?

• Like 3

Well, here's mine. Our firehouses are old and spooky to begin with. So, I've always heard that this one station was haunted. The Black firefighters who are kind of spooky to begin with stay up all night when they are stationed there. I worked there for quite a few years and never had anything happen. Then one night I was sitting on the apparatus floor (the garage area where fire apparatus is stored) with two other firefighters. We were smoking and talking about things. When I saw something move behind our ladder truck. Both guys knew instantly what I'd seen.

I saw the same thing again a couple weeks latter walking down the hall. It looked like a small woman in a black shroud like the old hillbillies used to wear.

Then a week after that I had just laid down on my rack after a fire call when it seemed like someone sat on the foot of the bed. I wasn't asleep and I moved my foot over the area and nothing was there.

Talked to the priest, had a mass said and nothing else happened for a couple years til I promoted, and moved out.

What is odd is that so many people had seen this, and all the years I worked that station and I never did.

ATB

TC

I think the problem is that we are losing our senses. Maybe calling them ghosts is just a convenient form of labelling for a brief hint of a sensory ability that along with many others are being lost to a reliance on technology ,conformist teaching and mental numbness.

How many people-especially hunters-have acted on an immeasurable and untestable "sixth-sense" and profited? How many others have ignored it and thought "Bollxcks. I should have followed the funny feeling"?

As a fisherman I would sometimes get a sense / a hunch of where the fish would be on any given day. I always thought it was my subconscious evaluating a set of circumstances that I had experienced before, that my conscious mind had forgotten about. When I did get those feelings funnily enough they were rarely wrong.

TC

• Like 1

I don,t believe in ghosts and all the nonsense that goes with it.One night lamping alone i came off some fields and walked down a lane to get to my next location,as i made my way down the lane i heard footsteps behind me,i walked into the hedgerow and waited whilst they passed me,the footsteps stopped,i started walking again and the footsteps started,i shone the lamp up the lane and zilch,again i made my way and the footsteps started again,lamp on and again zilch,this happened a few times more.I stood for over 10 minutes with the lamp in hand waiting to twat the sneaky fecker to no avail,eventually i entered the next fields and quickly illuminated a bunny,dog slipped and i watched as it ran back behind me and back to the car a mile away,i made my way back with the hairs on my neck standing,i later put it down to echo,s and the dog sensing my nervousness,yet it was fecking eerie.

If that was my dog i reckon i would have overtook it..lol

• Like 1

When i worked at the prison me and the other officer called roll call one night,and banged up all the con's behind their cell doors as usual.

Once this was done we would ring in coms and tell them our roll for the house block.

About two hours later when where sitting in the office doing some paper work, when i heard foot steps coming down the stairs from the 2's landing. the other lad heard it at the same time as me. We both sat looking at each other listening as the footsteps got louder and nearer until they stopped outside the office door which was open.

We got up and called out then checked the whole house block, all prisoners were behind their doors still. It was bloody spooky.

Aparently one con had died of old age and two had comitted suicide awhile back.

our local jail crumlin rd belfast suppose to be haunted,plenty of hangings and such,i never seen none. but if the screws had of been ghosts they wouldnt have give you a fright. :laugh: misirible shower of c##'s,lol,

Alright, he is another for you lot. It was told me by an old, and recently departed dear friend (RIP old mate)

So ken was out one night lamping foxes on the estate, and come the ealy hours of the morning he makes his way to the stable block for a cup of tea as he is freezing and knackered. Nobody else is out and about on the estate at night. Now to get to the tea room you go through an external door, throug a long narrow room with about twenty metal feed bins along one side, and then through another door to the tearoom. Both doors have yale locks, and only three of us have keys for both. Ken was drinking his tea and hears something like footsteps on the roof. He thinks it's just a peacock, although later he realises peacocks don't really walk about in the pitch black of the Night. Suddenly, he hears a god almighty banging on the feed bins, the lids slamming up and down working their way nearer to the inner door, and then the door itself begins to crash and rattle with such violence as tough somebody is trying to kick it down. And just as suddenly all goes quiet. Now as you can imagine he is t.errified, he grabs his rifle and chambers a round, and with lamp switched on opens the door. Nothing in the passage. External door still shut. The door is about fifteen yards way, and is the only way out, and the only light is his gunfight. He said it was the

Iongest walk he ever took, and as soon as he was out of the door he sprinted all the way back to his cottage.

Ken was a great talker, and he told me that story one afternoon sitting outside the pub over a pint, even in that situation The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

• Like 2

i believe, ive not only had an unexplainable sighting but i felt it too,

i crashed at my pals one night on his settee, anyway i was jus dozing off, half asleep, and i felt like something was irritating me like playing with my nose annoying me,then suddenly i just had a feeling that something/someone was in my prescence and upon opening my eyes thought i saw a small child (girl) in pyjamas slippers running off and hiding behind the chair and giggling, dont ask me why i knew she was a girl wearing jamas or giggling i just knew , anyway my normal mind werent having none of it, ive stood up and suddenly felt like id been thrown in a cold bath were you lose ya breath, i shat meself, turned all lights on and went home, i get shudders now still, and its cabbaged my head for years wondering wat the f**k happened that night in that house ........................... :hmm: :hmm:

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the halls we stood in a big ring holding hands and she said will you give us a sighn...

I farted and it was one of them that sounded like one of them single bum cheek claps so this sounded like a noise from a ghost! (Supposedly)

People gasped and said did you hear that!?

It was my backside lol and not a ghost! I think my fart made their night!

• Like 7

i believe, ive not only had an unexplainable sighting but i felt it too,

i crashed at my pals one night on his settee, anyway i was jus dozing off, half asleep, and i felt like something was irritating me like playing with my nose annoying me,then suddenly i just had a feeling that something/someone was in my prescence and upon opening my eyes thought i saw a small child (girl) in pyjamas slippers running off and hiding behind the chair and giggling, dont ask me why i knew she was a girl wearing jamas or giggling i just knew , anyway my normal mind werent having none of it, ive stood up and suddenly felt like id been thrown in a cold bath were you lose ya breath, i shat meself, turned all lights on and went home, i get shudders now still, and its cabbaged my head for years wondering wat the f**k happened that night in that house ........................... :hmm: :hmm:

was this after a night out? did you feel frozen at all like you couldn't move