Ghosts\ghost Stories

Hello Chris, how you keeping, I wouldn't say otherworldly, I would say another dimension, which quantam physics have already stated exists.

There you go again assuming evolution lol just because there are many bullshitters, that doesn't disprove nothing, does it mate.

Bit of topic, here but just picking your brain Chris, what do you think of the ufo phenomenon, do you think all sightings are fake, I would link ghosts, paranormal, UFOs, together.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

Unexplainable or simply unexplained....

Bit of both? :hmm:

does it have to be 1 or the other?

imo everything can\could be explained scientifically,that doesn't mean there's anyone alive capable of understanding that explaination.

Not necessarily... Maybe both?

Eventually maybe we could explain everything... If we can explain it surely it would require a degree of understanding?

Humanity has a tendency to make up shit, to fill in the gaps of it's understanding.

Hello Chris, how you keeping, I wouldn't say otherworldly, I would say another dimension, which quantam physics have already stated exists.

There you go again assuming evolution lol just because there are many bullshitters, that doesn't disprove nothing, does it mate.

Bit of topic, here but just picking your brain Chris, what do you think of the ufo phenomenon, do you think all sightings are fake, I would link ghosts, paranormal, UFOs, together.

Hey Francie. Keeping very well thanks, yourself?

It could indeed be trans-dimensional for all we know but it could also be a plethora of natural occurrences that just haven't been explored enough to rationalise the scenario?

Bullshitting doesn't disprove it, no, but not being able to explain it and then creating a wild story instead doesn't help anyone either.

Unidentified flying objects are self definitive. Until they are identified they're just that. Some might want to create a science fiction story to explain them away, personally I find it intriguing and won't form a definitive conclusion without hard evidence.

With the ability to manipulate video and picture, nothing should be accepted at face value. Fakery has been around as long as bullshit. Show me a YouTube video of a flying saucer and I'm going to shrug my shoulders. Steal me an ashtray from an intergalactic recreational vehicle and you have my full attention.

Like with all of these threads, mate, I want evidence. Hard indisputable evidence.

I re-read my original posting, up there, and I realise it could've come across a little wrong, as it's heavy on the bullshit.

For everyone here, posting their experiences, I'm not suggesting you're bullshitting anyone. I believe that you sincerely experienced what you say you experienced.

However without anything other than an anecdotal account I cannot believe it is, what you believe it is.

Apologies, ladies and gents, for confusion.

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 2

Unexplainable or simply unexplained....

Bit of both? :hmm:

does it have to be 1 or the other?

imo everything can\could be explained scientifically,that doesn't mean there's anyone alive capable of understanding that explaination.

Not necessarily... Maybe both?

Eventually maybe we could explain everything... If we can explain it surely it would require a degree of understanding?

Humanity has a tendency to make up shit, to fill in the gaps of it's understanding.

Hey Francie. Keeping very well thanks, yourself?

It could indeed be trans-dimensional for all we know but it could also be a plethora of natural occurrences that just haven't been explored enough to rationalise the scenario?

Bullshitting doesn't disprove it, no, but not being able to explain it and then creating a wild story instead doesn't help anyone either.

Unidentified flying objects are self definitive. Until they are identified they're just that. Some might want to create a science fiction story to explain them away, personally I find it intriguing and won't form a definitive conclusion without hard evidence.

With the ability to manipulate video and picture, nothing should be accepted at face value. Fakery has been around as long as bullshit. Show me a YouTube video of a flying saucer and I'm going to shrug my shoulders. Steal me an ashtray from an intergalactic recreational vehicle and you have my full attention.

Like with all of these threads, mate, I want evidence. Hard indisputable evidence.

Not to bad Chris, sorry mate you've got me confused, I don't think it's spacecraft or little green men, 98% of ufo sightings are lights.

I've seen a 56inch chest herbert and his two hells angel wannabees think they've seen a ghost/apparition, truth was they'd hoisted the flag poles from the surrounding golf course (Moto x merchants) whilst night fishing, returned to said fishing and the wind got up, mr 56 was stood directly infront of what become a giant (bigger than him) now noisy branched tree. Me and saul were sat opposite and it was clear by his body lingo he was'nt at all happy with having to quickly spin around to ensure something bigger than him was not just about to crown his swede-in...it went on half hr and in the end his trepedation transposed into the angels...in unison and with great timeing they bolted, leaving the flags (guilt) behind (not a word said/think b of the bang), offmans like a dog in the fog. He seen (imagined/chemical swim) a 20ft dickensian figure, with a moody look on it's kite bearing down on him (i was later to discover), the angels agreed like nodding dogs, if 56inch chest had dropped his bottle then they were'nt staying put. We were sat directly opposite the pantomine, with a perfect view. Scared of the dark with too big a chest to admit it, add the bit of guilt....

No living human Chris,50,000 years of eugenics and we'd probably have a class of human with a better idea.

With the explosion of the human population genetic change is happening faster than ever. Positive selection has occured 100 times faster, in the last 5000 years, than at any other time in human evolution. We've gone from bullshitting on stone tablets, to bullshitting on the world wide web! Slow growing cultures are at a disadvantage and the amount, and complexity, of genetic change, so far, would make eugenics impossible.

It would be nice to go forward and see just what would happen. Would we be better off? Or would we have destroyed the planet entirely?

Not to bad Chris, sorry mate you've got me confused, I don't think it's spacecraft or little green men, 98% of ufo sightings are lights.

By definition they're unidentified!

What's your hypothesis?

I tried to get my head around "supernatural" incidents in my early 20's and failed miserably. I have no chance now :laugh:.I believe something out of what we know as 'the ordinary' can and does occur. What causes it? I gave up trying to work that out about 30 years ago.

TC

No living human Chris,50,000 years of eugenics and we'd probably have a class of human with a better idea.

With the explosion of the human population genetic change is happening faster than ever. Positive selection has occured 100 times faster, in the last 5000 years, than at any other time in human evolution. We've gone from bullshitting on stone tablets, to bullshitting on the world wide web! Slow growing cultures are at a disadvantage and the amount, and complexity, of genetic change, so far, would make eugenics impossible.

It would be nice to go forward and see just what would happen. Would we be better off? Or would we have destroyed the planet entirely?

By definition they're unidentified!

What's your hypothesis?

A simple form of Eugenics carried out over a long time would have an amazing effect imo.

The old rituals young men and women had to pass in order to be accepted by their people created a vastly superior human,today we have far more accurate tests of intelligence,health and fitness so it would be even easier.

a shrinking proportion of creative and intelligent people improving upon their forebears technology is not in any way a sign that we're improving,we aren't.

A simple form of Eugenics carried out over a long time would have an amazing effect imo.

The old rituals young men and women had to pass in order to be accepted by their people created a vastly superior human,today we have far more accurate tests of intelligence,health and fitness so it would be even easier.

a shrinking proportion of creative and intelligent people improving upon their forebears technology is not in any way a sign that we're improving,we aren't.

But it simply isn't possible with the genetic variance in humans.

why?

best to best works in every other species,are we immunised against evolution?

it's worked before,it can work again.

This should be started in another thread because it's not ghosty...

How do you catalogue, fund, test, select, and breed among 7bn people?

The dynamics of the project alone is unfathomable. Who get's to decide what are the characteristics with which you wish to achieve this object?

Would you concur that eugenics hasn't been achieved exactly because we've evolved?

• Like 1

better in another thread,but done on a national scale it could be enforced by government or encouraged financially,a gradual change in culture along with the deathof marxism and all it's ideals etc etc

like i said been done before and worked,could be done again and would still work.

China has the first step covered pretty well.

the point of the inital post was that if these things ever get explained it will be through science,whether or not anyone alive today is capable of comprehending this explanation is another matter.

better in another thread,but done on a national scale it could be enforced by government or encouraged financially,a gradual change in culture along with the deathof marxism and all it's ideals etc etc

like i said been done before and worked,could be done again and would still work.

China has the first step covered pretty well.

the point of the inital post was that if these things ever get explained it will be through science,whether or not anyone alive today is capable of comprehending this explanation is another matter.

Agreed because it's a massive tangent but how would you even do it on a city wide scale? Nevermind national! You're assuming that 70M+ people would agree to relinquish their own personal freedoms based on a deeply flawed program that couldn't even begin to decide on what constitutes the best way.

It may have been done when the global population was a fraction of it's size, and we had no way of communicating between neighbouring villages, never mind that now we have the ability to travel to any point on the globe in around a day. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak, you couldn't even begin to isolate desirable traits (we haven't even hypothesised what those even are) without the total approval of everyone involved.

Eugenics on this level didn't stand up to 20th century scrutiny... No chance in the 21st.

Can you explain China's eugenics program? I'm at a loss for that one. Might be time for a different thread though.