Best X Dog You Have Ever Owned

Ive had 2 over the years that have stood out, the firt a collie/whippet/grey. The second a bull/whippet/grey a crackin bitch. She never ran clever just brute force and ignorance, i used to love that style of running exciting to watch. Taggy.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two of my oldies..son & sire both dogs caught a lot lol..  

Here ya go    

Not sure how she was bred as she was a rescue but a good bitch. Reckon she was about 13 months when I got her. She had guts but was a nice dog to have around the house too. Good prey drive, brains and

Posted Images

Mine was a saluki x bull grey back to saluki grey was a bitch called tia best ill ever own killed over 300 bunny at 13 month and by time I let her go at 4 due to recurring injury had over 2000 bunny 100 of hares a good few fox n plenty of venison a real bitch that gave it all. All of the time the only dog I'd give everything for to have her as a pup again

dont know about best but had a lurcher with a bit of everything thrown in average lamper at best ok with the ferrets and not all bad in the day just couldnt get on or take to it but it was honest enough ran bull xs that were nothing to write home about and i always saw better in other yards but has with the above they got me out and about and a bit of a feed but i think all gave me the pleasure of watching them work or not at times and some learned me some hard lessons and they gave me some fond memories and got me through some tough times and all were great round the house and kids

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1

26tts , bull grey x fell hound grey ..........head like a bucket , coat like a scrubbing brush , immense jaw power and prey drive , a real loner of a dog , would lye in kennel quiet all day , but the minutr he knew he was working he changed , used to shake Charlies once , drop them and walk away ! His first roe , he locked on that tight , I had to drag him and the roe to the van ............not good when you need a quick getaway !

• Like 4

26tts , bull grey x fell hound grey ..........head like a bucket , coat like a scrubbing brush , immense jaw power and prey drive , a real loner of a dog , would lye in kennel quiet all day , but the minutr he knew he was working he changed , used to shake Charlies once , drop them and walk away ! His first roe , he locked on that tight , I had to drag him and the roe to the van ............not good when you need a quick getaway !

sounds some animal any pics

Best I've had was a lurcher x lurcher with deerhound and collie

In her, she was the best all rounder I've had, her grand daughter was the best rabbit dog I've had and her daughter the best deer/fox dog I've owned

• Like 2

Best dog I had was a first cross Bedlington/Greyhound I bought in early 90s. He had it all speed,stamina,determination, ruthless and the best strike I've ever seen in over 35 years of owning Lurchers. He was a monster on Fox and Deer but sadly never produced nothing like himself when I bred him.

• Like 1