Mike Brown Whippets

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv had mikes whippets from him and others and bred my owen and worked them hard like a lurcher for years till i move to scotland.i run them with my lurchers day and night and some times solo thay are

Iv t,ried me hardest not to comment lol I've been out with a few whippet s in me days an some where from Mb`s line. They ain't nowt special an can do no more than a lot of other whippet s, granted som

I have one. He's more like a lurcher than a whippet, as said, not as fast, but that's good because if he was he'd probably have killed himself. The dog has great drive, great hunting ability, is very

Posted Images

My dog was sired by a mike brown blooded whippet, he was put over a collie grey......the whippet sire was a big lad for a whippet 23 tts, he is double double bred out of glen so to speak....grandsire both sides. A handy dog that has taught me a lot. wish I could clone him, gave me lots of good days and nights.

attachicon.gifblitz.jpg

A crackin dog mate & yep there's room in my kennel for a dog like this :yes:

Dont think he added bull into the line if im honest even though he did keep them and id asked him too more than once !! but the kennel he bought sooty sam from here in cumbria used to have whippets with bull in them for rag racing so im told anyways from an old mate who used to run hes dogs with the lad who bred sooty sam.

As long as they work and please there owners who cares. Atb keith

After a lot of reading on this a very close friend of mine is a very close friend of the man who give mb his first whippet over 30 years ago I would trust mb lines all bull or not they are close to the best working whippet you will ever get atb mark

FFS What Do People Want . . Isn't This A Working Dog Site ?? . I've Yet To See Someone Genuine Come On And Say Mikes Lines Dont Do What There Bred For . . Now If He Was Producing Dogs That Where Failing In The Field Then There Is An Argument But All Some Go On About Is How They Look/size Ect . . Good Looks Never Caught Anything (Exept Rossetts) . . Then You Hear The "Have You Been Out With Dogs" Brigade As If That Proves Anything By Not Seeing His Dogs Work Its Down To Trusting The Mans Opinion Which I Haven't Seen Questioned By Those Who Work His Lines . . I Wonder When You's Who Keep Asking That Question Travel Do You Ask To See The Pilots Licence Or The Qualifications Off The Engineers Who Have Worked On The Plane Your About To Board , Though Surely You's Must Do Cause Your Putting Your Life In There Hands As With Mike Your Looking For A Working Dog ??

• Like 1

Been looking at this post, and it pops up time and again MBs Strain are not as fast,

im sure if you were interested in racing, you would go for lines with top class racing blood, but speed is not everything.

Im sure MBs Whippets will be fast enough to pick up Rabbits, and thats all you want,

I had a 18 inch Whippet X Beddy, that took plenty of rabbits on the run,

and im sure a MB Whippet would be capable of showing her a clean pair of heels.

Regarding the peds V hard bloods, I have never seen non peds worked,

I can only go what an owner told me, said they can be too fast for their own good, there's no doubt they are faster, but have they the same stamina, or as good a nose as the peds?

And they appear to have a good nose

• Like 1

Measured him the other day, he's about 22". And normally weighs about 40lb fit. Although he's a fat b*****d at the moment, with being laid up. I'd love to see what came out of Finn and Keith's nell, but alas no....

I was hoping to test him hard again this year and then put him to a small lurcher after this winter or the next, but I'm going to have to wait and see how his injury pans out, if he comes good, and if so how long he's off for....

But I genuinely think he has something to add to a lurcher. I'd love to put him across a half x collie / grey.

A pal of mine has just used mikes whippet over his first cross Irish bred collie greyhound, should be handy pups there's 1 dog left

Atb rc1

Iv t,ried me hardest not to comment lol I've been out with a few whippet s in me days an some where from Mb`s line. They ain't nowt special an can do no more than a lot of other whippet s, granted some of today's dogs are tiny and some are bred for speed but there are others out there capable of what Mb`s do. Why don't anybody complain about his dogs? That's easy very few complain about whippet s full stop, unless it's the bad specimens... would you admit to be taken in by sales patter? If you want a whippet most folk know what to expect, so why would they moan when they get a whippet lol be all and end all...... they nowt special I'd rather have a whippet pup from no fancy line, just a pup out two dogs that graft most of the season doing what ever job has been chosen for them......

• Like 4

we picked one up from a lad in wrexham a few years back,was a decent little fast dog for ferreting and even the odd long ears in the day but it got killed,mikes dogs were strong healthy well priced ped whippets around that time and if i was buying a whippet i wouldnt hesitate in buying one.

here she is.

post-32601-0-85661800-1379009116_thumb.jpg

Been looking at this post, and it pops up time and again MBs Strain are not as fast,

im sure if you were interested in racing, you would go for lines with top class racing blood, but speed is not everything.

Im sure MBs Whippets will be fast enough to pick up Rabbits, and thats all you want,

I had a 18 inch Whippet X Beddy, that took plenty of rabbits on the run,

and im sure a MB Whippet would be capable of showing her a clean pair of heels.

Regarding the peds V hard bloods, I have never seen non peds worked,

I can only go what an owner told me, said they can be too fast for their own good, there's no doubt they are faster, but have they the same stamina, or as good a nose as the peds?

And they appear to have a good nose

remember nose and stamina in non peds is easily explained as there are other breeds not too far back in their lineage including beddy , bull and greyhound.......the ones i worked were a long time ago and granted at times they were too fast, too driven........ but for an up and at them type get the hare in the car and move on they took some beating........so what and whip grey on here both work some of theirs but 30yr ago i saw them take all game fur and feather as well as teeth and roe

FFS What Do People Want . . Isn't This A Working Dog Site ?? . I've Yet To See Someone Genuine Come On And Say Mikes Lines Dont Do What There Bred For . . Now If He Was Producing Dogs That Where Failing In The Field Then There Is An Argument But All Some Go On About Is How They Look/size Ect . . Good Looks Never Caught Anything (Exept Rossetts) . . Then You Hear The "Have You Been Out With Dogs" Brigade As If That Proves Anything By Not Seeing His Dogs Work Its Down To Trusting The Mans Opinion Which I Haven't Seen Questioned By Those Who Work His Lines . . I Wonder When You's Who Keep Asking That Question Travel Do You Ask To See The Pilots Licence Or The Qualifications Off The Engineers Who Have Worked On The Plane Your About To Board , Though Surely You's Must Do Cause Your Putting Your Life In There Hands As With Mike Your Looking For A Working Dog ??

Your right about it being a working dog site.....but I've asked repeatedly over the years for one person to come forward and state that they have been out with mb working his dogs? How often are prospective pup purchasers adviced "see the parents working"? Does mb offer this? mb dogs do please some owners in the field no doubt about that,and the same goes for Hancocks dogs breeding from non working parents.

Whippets work FACT I grew up with them my old man showed/raced them as kids we took them rabbiting, ratting and coursing this was late 50's early 60's, dont recall any jackers and were all bred from show stock,nothing oversize just bog standard whippets and now we get working whippets introduced that are slower BUT have stamina!!!!If they were faster they would nt need stamina whambam they've picked it up

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1