Mike Brown Whippets

Definitely got a dash of bull in mb whippets...stands out a mile. Someone's got one near me as a pet...nice, but Christ for a whippet it's slow.....don't be blinded by thinking mb whippets are the be and end all, whippets by there very nature are game little dogs that love to hunt, just get a pup off two good worked whippets.

Wonder if the game nature is down to the terrier blood used well before mb was even born?

Whippets have always been game. If anything i think the tendency for their skin to rip is worse now.

Well yes whippets have always been game wee dogs.Bull blood has always been there,its not like mb reinvented the wheel.

I'm allowed my opinion....which is mike brown has added bull blood and passes them off as 100% pedigree whippet....

Of course you are allowed your opinion.What mb has done in his breeding has made his whippets the great working dogs they are.

• Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv had mikes whippets from him and others and bred my owen and worked them hard like a lurcher for years till i move to scotland.i run them with my lurchers day and night and some times solo thay are

Iv t,ried me hardest not to comment lol I've been out with a few whippet s in me days an some where from Mb`s line. They ain't nowt special an can do no more than a lot of other whippet s, granted som

I have one. He's more like a lurcher than a whippet, as said, not as fast, but that's good because if he was he'd probably have killed himself. The dog has great drive, great hunting ability, is very

Posted Images

Definitely got a dash of bull in mb whippets...stands out a mile. Someone's got one near me as a pet...nice, but Christ for a whippet it's slow.....don't be blinded by thinking mb whippets are the be and end all, whippets by there very nature are game little dogs that love to hunt, just get a pup off two good worked whippets.

Wonder if the game nature is down to the terrier blood used well before mb was even born?
Whippets have always been game. If anything i think the tendency for their skin to rip is worse now.
Well yes whippets have always been game wee dogs.Bull blood has always been there,its not like mb reinvented the wheel.
I'm allowed my opinion....which is mike brown has added bull blood and passes them off as 100% pedigree whippet....

Of course you are allowed your opinion.What mb has done in his breeding has made his whippets the great working dogs they are.
I can see what your saying and I do like his dogs, but whippets have always been great underrated working dogs and credit where credit is due he's sold a lot of working whippets. But in my eyes he's just added the word working to a breed that already did and in general was much quicker and just as keen with better skin and that's a fact..I'll leave it at that. Edited by wuyang
  • Like 1

I can see what your saying and I do like his dogs, but whippets have always been great underrated working dogs and credit where credit is due he's sold a lot of working whippets. But in my eyes he's just added the word working to a breed that already did and in general was much quicker and just as keen with better skin and that's a fact..I'll leave it at that.

So after over 20 years breeding whippets all he has done is make them slower with thin skin?

I can see what your saying and I do like his dogs, but whippets have always been great underrated working dogs and credit where credit is due he's sold a lot of working whippets. But in my eyes he's just added the word working to a breed that already did and in general was much quicker and just as keen with better skin and that's a fact..I'll leave it at that.

So after over 20 years breeding whippets all he has done is make them slower with thin skin?
Yes and inconsistent in size....all fact.....but if there good workers who cares, but my beef is he's flogging them as pure pedigree whippets when he's obviously added bull. Edited by wuyang

Hancock has pups and older dogs available at anytime. Mike doesn't even have a litter every year. Aye he breeds dogs, for money. But he actually charges less than I've seen most other whippets go for. He also doesn't lie about his dogs, and all litters tend to be booked way before they hit the deck.

according to hancock and one of his books he never sells older dogs, was there not a thread on here a while back slating him for putting down pups rather than keeping them and selling them as saplings ? if he didn't lie about his dogs how can he cross breed with bull blood or whatever and call them kc reg ? are they not just small smooth coated lurchers? ive only saw two of his 'whippets' and although i was impressed with them and they did work well on a variety of game, they were way bigger than the breed standard (18 1/2" - 20" for a male). he also slates lurchers the 2007 whippet yearbook as 'with lurchers your lucky to get a few years work out of them, my whippets will run till they're 10 yr old plus'.......ive had a 10yr old lurcher still catching game and know of lots more, the kind would say kennel blind............

Hancock has pups and older dogs available at anytime. Mike doesn't even have a litter every year. Aye he breeds dogs, for money. But he actually charges less than I've seen most other whippets go for. He also doesn't lie about his dogs, and all litters tend to be booked way before they hit the deck.

according to hancock and one of his books he never sells older dogs, was there not a thread on here a while back slating him for putting down pups rather than keeping them and selling them as saplings ? if he didn't lie about his dogs how can he cross breed with bull blood or whatever and call them kc reg ? are they not just small smooth coated lurchers? ive only saw two of his 'whippets' and although i was impressed with them and they did work well on a variety of game, they were way bigger than the breed standard (18 1/2" - 20" for a male). he also slates lurchers the 2007 whippet yearbook as 'with lurchers your lucky to get a few years work out of them, my whippets will run till they're 10 yr old plus'.......ive had a 10yr old lurcher still catching game and know of lots more, the kind would say kennel blind............

as i said earlier i have had a few whippets over the years one being off mike, there working life is usually short when compared to a good lurcher or at least thats my experience having worked both over a good few years. niggling injuries, back problems and arthritis has affected all the ones i have worked

my 1st experience of a whippet was pre school (almost 50yr ago) a relative had a 14lb bitch whose exploits are still recalled by older relatives........when whippet racing was in its infancy in scotland most of us started with peddies but soon swapped allegiences to the non ped type which we found superior (racing and working) but hey that was 30yr ago maybe my memory's going.....................just to add i'll always be a whippet fan but they seem to have lost type imo in recent years

• Like 1

from what i have seen , mikes stuff is a little more robust than alot of other whippets . But trigger i would not rush into going straight to mike , do your research , talk to the men who have been into whippets a long time , and try and get some unbiased views , then you can make a more educated decision of what might suit you .

• Like 1

from what i have seen , mikes stuff is a little more robust than alot of other whippets

but would that because mb's whippets are nothing more than a whippet x with fancy papers?? (only going by whats been put on here)