Mike Brown Whippets

can only speak from experience but i had a bitch from the mating of sooty sam to silkcut lady (1994) blue bitch roughly 21tts heart of a lion and showed no signs of lack of speed, back then i ran everything and i do mean everything, she never once backed down even to her own detriment at times, her working life was only around 6 years but that was down to me. she was the best ferreting dog i have ever owned and also worked to the gun and hawk, as long as you remember its a whippet then i can not understand anyone who thinks different :thumbs:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv had mikes whippets from him and others and bred my owen and worked them hard like a lurcher for years till i move to scotland.i run them with my lurchers day and night and some times solo thay are

Iv t,ried me hardest not to comment lol I've been out with a few whippet s in me days an some where from Mb`s line. They ain't nowt special an can do no more than a lot of other whippet s, granted som

I have one. He's more like a lurcher than a whippet, as said, not as fast, but that's good because if he was he'd probably have killed himself. The dog has great drive, great hunting ability, is very

Posted Images

Hancock has pups and older dogs available at anytime. Mike doesn't even have a litter every year. Aye he breeds dogs, for money. But he actually charges less than I've seen most other whippets go for. He also doesn't lie about his dogs, and all litters tend to be booked way before they hit the deck.

• Like 1

Definitely got a dash of bull in mb whippets...stands out a mile. Someone's got one near me as a pet...nice, but Christ for a whippet it's slow.....don't be blinded by thinking mb whippets are the be and end all, whippets by there very nature are game little dogs that love to hunt, just get a pup off two good worked whippets.

Wonder if the game nature is down to the terrier blood used well before mb was even born?

Definitely got a dash of bull in mb whippets...stands out a mile. Someone's got one near me as a pet...nice, but Christ for a whippet it's slow.....don't be blinded by thinking mb whippets are the be and end all, whippets by there very nature are game little dogs that love to hunt, just get a pup off two good worked whippets.

Wonder if the game nature is down to the terrier blood used well before mb was even born?

Whippets have always been game. If anything i think the tendency for their skin to rip is worse now.

Whippets have always been game. If anything i think the tendency for their skin to rip is worse now.

Well yes whippets have always been game wee dogs.Bull blood has always been there,its not like mb reinvented the wheel.

iv had mikes whippets from him and others and bred my owen and worked them hard like a lurcher for years till i move to scotland.i run them with my lurchers day and night and some times solo thay are very capable little dogs and could do much more than jest bunnys preban but thay are bound to have limits dew to thayer size.i never had any bad foot trubles with them no agreshen with other dogs or kids. one did suffer a little [bANNED TEXT] you would lamp her on a real cold wet night but saying that the other 3 were fine.all in all very handy little dogs.

one down side is thayer thin coat/skin it will open up and peal like a banana if hung up on barbed wire est.

hope this helps.

pics of 3 of my 4 very old preban pic of fox

Picture045.jpg

pics1630.jpg

Picture781.jpg

thats spot on, just the sort of thing i needed to hear.

The skin is no problem mb is working on putting tiger shark blood to improve this :laugh:

• Like 1

iv had mikes whippets from him and others and bred my owen and worked them hard like a lurcher for years till i move to scotland.i run them with my lurchers day and night and some times solo thay are very capable little dogs and could do much more than jest bunnys preban but thay are bound to have limits dew to thayer size.i never had any bad foot trubles with them no agreshen with other dogs or kids. one did suffer a little [bANNED TEXT] you would lamp her on a real cold wet night but saying that the other 3 were fine.all in all very handy little dogs.

one down side is thayer thin coat/skin it will open up and peal like a banana if hung up on barbed wire est.

hope this helps.

pics of 3 of my 4 very old preban pic of fox

Picture045.jpg

pics1630.jpg

Picture781.jpg

thats spot on, just the sort of thing i needed to hear.

I'd say it's an accurate appraisal. . . :thumbs:

Well yes whippets have always been game wee dogs.Bull blood has always been there,its not like mb reinvented the wheel.

I'm allowed my opinion....which is mike brown has added bull blood and passes them off as 100% pedigree whippet....

• Like 1

for those who have or do own mike brown whippets how have you found them in general.

i am asking this question as i am seriously considering getting a whippet in the near future for a bit of general mooching and to assist on my ferreting trips. ive been looking at the pics of his dogs on a website and i am just curios to see how folk have got on with them.

ive had two dogs off mike brown and I can honestly say I would recommend them to anyone after a working whippet top bloke and top dogs :thumbs:

My dog was sired by a mike brown blooded whippet, he was put over a collie grey......the whippet sire was a big lad for a whippet 23 tts, he is double double bred out of glen so to speak....grandsire both sides. A handy dog that has taught me a lot. wish I could clone him, gave me lots of good days and nights.

post-25342-0-39916900-1378498277_thumb.jpg