Interesting gravestones

8 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Baden Powell. I know he means a lot to people and did a lot of good in the world by introducing kids to camping and the wonders of the natural world. But, without going into detail, if you put his life under even the most casual inspection, he was a very dodgy fecker indeed.

One of the many people who people looked up,to but now realise had a  very sinister side. All part of growing up I suppose. The veils fall from your eyes.

Go on jukel what's he done, I've tried googling his life but can't find anything.

He didn't touch your winky on a camping trip did he?

• Haha 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jay's Grave near Hound Tor Dartmoor. Said to be the Grave of Kitty Jay a poor girl who was made pregnant by the Farmer or Farmer Son and committed suicide. The Story and Songs ab

Reading an African hunting forum.  (At some point in the next 10 years I want to hunt Africa. Definitely wearing a pith helmet) Someone had visited nyeri cemetery and had posted some interes

Posted Images

Is it spike miligans grave that reads..."I told you I was ill"...lol

There's another that reads "Under this sod lies another "... lol.

I can't post links of this phone but go on YouTube and look for the Irish fella that was buried...its very funny...he has a recording in his coffin as he's lowered in to the grave...its brilliant if someone can put it up on here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Is it spike miligans grave that reads..."I told you I was ill"...lol

There's another that reads "Under this sod lies another "... lol.

I can't post links of this phone but go on YouTube and look for the Irish fella that was buried...its very funny...he has a recording in his coffin as he's lowered in to the grave...its brilliant if someone can put it up on here

• Haha 6
13 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I though plague victims were buried separately ? 
A few hundred yards from my house is a very small group of houses built on the site of a cholera hospital, on the aptly named Hospital Lane. The cholera victims are all buried in unmarked graves on the other side of the A69 on the same field as an Iron Age burial site, I don’t know if there’s any connection between the two

Cheers.

Blackheath, south London, it’s called Blackheath because it was a massive plague pit.

In the subject of interesting grave stones, many years ago in a graveyard in Bangor, Northern Ireland I found the Grave stone of the ships doctor from the Titanic !

Completely by accident just walking round the cemetery looking at stones (is that weird ? Lol ) 

• Like 2

Only seen it from a distance when my mate from London was buried in the same graveyard and that was of the legendary footballer Bobby Moore. And reading Didos first post i would also like to visit these places before it's too late. 

I must admit I like a good wander around a graveyard here is a couple of pictures I took of Sennen grave yard which is a mile or so before Lands End looking at the war memorial shows how the war was felt all over the UK and world, well worth stopping if your down that way a real feeling of calmness walking about.

IMG_0023.jpeg.8bb80ac25905848db155bf3cafafb6f0.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg.ebbedffefac1c8ae1d27ef0c2c28911b.jpeg

• Like 6

In a grave yard at Dartington Hall only a church tower there now they moved the church about 2 miles to Dartington village.

No name just a little poem.

PICT0020.JPG.dc48d0a6b67cffa7b9e29e0ce8f310b1.JPG

Cheers Arry 

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Some interesting ones ,when you have a walk around this place,and the local church.....also a cracking day out green laning👍

Photo0364.jpg.e4d8aa3fc5b5ad620c9ea08876fbf8dc.jpg

You lads have it good down there for green laning, its on my to do list to have a few days down that way on the enduro bikes.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Blackheath, south London, it’s called Blackheath because it was a massive plague pit.

In the subject of interesting grave stones, many years ago in a graveyard in Bangor, Northern Ireland I found the Grave stone of the ships doctor from the Titanic !

Completely by accident just walking round the cemetery looking at stones (is that weird ? Lol ) 

DR JOHN EDWARD SIMPSON ships surgeon they never found his body but has a gravestone in Bangor Abbey 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, joe ox said:

You lads have it good down there for green laning, its on my to do list to have a few days down that way on the enduro bikes.

Meet lads from all over down there Joe, good craic, plenty of places to stay/eat👍Photo0355.jpg.95d2d9b35da06dfe46c332825b0e992f.jpg

• Like 1