Interesting gravestones

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jay's Grave near Hound Tor Dartmoor. Said to be the Grave of Kitty Jay a poor girl who was made pregnant by the Farmer or Farmer Son and committed suicide. The Story and Songs ab

Reading an African hunting forum.  (At some point in the next 10 years I want to hunt Africa. Definitely wearing a pith helmet) Someone had visited nyeri cemetery and had posted some interes

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, greg64 said:

DR JOHN EDWARD SIMPSON ships surgeon they never found his body but has a gravestone in Bangor Abbey 

That’s it mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

That’s it mate.

What's the one called were Bobby Moore is buried mate. I can't for the life of me remember what they called it but i was impressed with how well it was kept but that was about 13 years ago. 

8 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I must admit I like a good wander around a graveyard here is a couple of pictures I took of Sennen grave yard which is a mile or so before Lands End looking at the war memorial shows how the war was felt all over the UK and world, well worth stopping if your down that way a real feeling of calmness walking about.

IMG_0023.jpeg.8bb80ac25905848db155bf3cafafb6f0.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg.ebbedffefac1c8ae1d27ef0c2c28911b.jpeg

Been to Sennen a few times ,wish I'd checked that out 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Only seen it from a distance when my mate from London was buried in the same graveyard and that was of the legendary footballer Bobby Moore. And reading Didos first post i would also like to visit these places before it's too late. 

Why would it be too late? They aren't waking up anytime soon 🤣

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

What's the one called were Bobby Moore is buried mate. I can't for the life of me remember what they called it but i was impressed with how well it was kept but that was about 13 years ago. 

Gnasher will know that, I don’t know mate.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Took a while to track it down seen it years ago catholic and Protestant man and wife in Holland I’m sures the is back story 

IMG_0620.jpeg

True love never dies.

21 minutes ago, Dappled said:

th?id=OLC.DaEfWg%2f354cX5A480x360&w=219&h=140&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2  

Sambo's grave up on Sunderland point near Lancaster left a mark on me for some reason. It's the site of a young slave who died there in the early 1700s.

Probably arrived in a fckin dinghy 

• Haha 2