XL Bully Ban Incoming

20 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I've read a few people saying they couldn't police the ban etc but how many dogs are chipped or registered at the vets as xl bullies? Can the police not get all that info then just round them up? 

The sheer number of them around would make doing that unrealistic and that's without getting into the optics of 1000s of families being raided and having their beloved family pet seized. Any enforcement of the ban will be done on a reactive basis responding to reports of someone having an XL bully like it is with the pit bulls IMO.

Might be a few police forces that will occasionally get a bee in their bonnet about proactively enforcing the ban like what happened in Liverpool and certain boroughs of London over the years but generally if you don't draw attention to yourself you'll probably be able to get away with keeping them.

• Like 2

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it... I'm out of here!! 

I'm pretty easy going and tolerant about most things ,but every time I see one of those big fat ugly useless earless bags of shite towing a skinny scruffy trackie wearing waste of space and his tattoo

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o... XL bullies added to the existing DDA. Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population. A

Posted Images

Just read a few comments on a local XL bully Facebook page. The popular opinion is that dogs that kill people have done it because they have never been shown love and affection. 

This is going to be an absolute shite show that the government can't do a single thing about 

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, BGD said:

The sheer number of them around would make doing that unrealistic and that's without getting into the optics of 1000s of families being raided and having their beloved family pet seized. Any enforcement of the ban will be done on a reactive basis responding to reports of someone having an XL bully like it is with the pit bulls IMO.

Might be a few police forces that will occasionally get a bee in their bonnet about proactively enforcing the ban like what happened in Liverpool and certain boroughs of London over the years but generally if you don't draw attention to yourself you'll probably be able to get away with keeping them.

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o...

XL bullies added to the existing DDA.

Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population.

All existing dogs MUST have liability insurance and be muzzled and on a lead in a public place.

Any dog uninsured, unmuzzled and running amok to be destroyed and owner charged under the current legislation.

If that was followed you will end up with an aging population of xls in the hands of responsible owners......we shall see...

Yokel 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o...

XL bullies added to the existing DDA.

Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population.

All existing dogs MUST have liability insurance and be muzzled and on a lead in a public place.

Any dog uninsured, unmuzzled and running amok to be destroyed and owner charged under the current legislation.

If that was followed you will end up with an aging population of xls in the hands of responsible owners......we shall see...

Yokel 

It sounds like this is the route they will be going down and I agree on the face of it it all sounds decent enough and should work in theory but then you get into the problem of defining an XL bully without lumping in every bull/mastiff type over a certain size, "pit type" is enough of a shit show with random mutts and staffords getting caught up in it and they at least had an established breed and standard to work off with that.

3 minutes ago, BGD said:

It sounds like this is the route they will be going down and I agree on the face of it it all sounds decent enough and should work in theory but then you get into the problem of defining an XL bully without lumping in every bull/mastiff type over a certain size, "pit type" is enough of a shit show with random mutts and staffords getting caught up in it and they at least had an established breed and standard to work off with that.

Yep, I get what you're saying. It's exactly what happened when they passed the act in 91 and tried rounding up the "pit bull type" as I said before, they took more cross breeds and pets and caused a lot of fuss.

But the banning of sale, breeding, advertising etc will cause most of the idiots churning out these animals to stop, and having to shell out on insurance will get rid of most of the silly arse, 9 stone wet tracky wearing chav owners. what they move onto is another question!...

Yokel

• Like 6

I hate the B word. Its an easy look good, sounds good solution from pseudo populist politicians who really couldnt give a shit. Much easier and cheaper to introduce new bans than actually enforce already existing laws. Theres not enough police to police it all anyway.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, YOKEL said:

Yep, I get what you're saying. It's exactly what happened when they passed the act in 91 and tried rounding up the "pit bull type" as I said before, they took more cross breeds and pets and caused a lot of fuss.

But the banning of sale, breeding, advertising etc will cause most of the idiots churning out these animals to stop, and having to shell out on insurance will get rid of most of the silly arse, 9 stone wet tracky wearing chav owners. what they move onto is another question!...

Yokel

I’m shocked I don’t see more livestock guardian types being walked maybe they will be next ? 

3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just read a few comments on a local XL bully Facebook page. The popular opinion is that dogs that kill people have done it because they have never been shown love and affection. 

This is going to be an absolute shite show that the government can't do a single thing about 

There was some cockney boiler squawking the same patter on the radio yesterday as I drove North into the wilderness  

The end

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

While Staffordshire Police is currently questioning a 30-year-old man from South Staffordshire, they have said they are 'aware' of previous police interactions with the...

Cheers Arry

3 minutes ago, Arry said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

While Staffordshire Police is currently questioning a 30-year-old man from South Staffordshire, they have said they are 'aware' of previous police interactions with the...

Cheers Arry

This story perfectly illustrates what I was talking about with it being an issue of enforcement not legislation, the police had been to this mans property on multiple occassions after his dogs had been reported rampaging round the local area so why the feck did he still have them? They were well within their rights to seize the dogs under current legislation but chose to just "offer advice" instead and now a man is dead.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BGD said:

This story perfectly illustrates what I was talking about with it being an issue of enforcement not legislation, the police had been to this mans property on multiple occassions after his dogs had been reported rampaging round the local area so why the feck did he still have them? They were well within their rights to seize the dogs under current legislation but chose to just "offer advice" instead and now a man is dead.

Yep its tragic that a man was brutally killed. I sincerely hope that the owner gets jailed so he can think about his actions ...

No place in society for these dangerous dogs.

• Like 2