Bare feet

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOMO 😁.

As I,m probably a little bit odd by many standards anyways  here’s something else i do and was wondering if any one else ever partakes in I don’t wear shoes apart from if I,m at work or going somewher

This sounds nuts but it good for grounding your self the energy of the earth flows in to your body 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, jeemes said:

I seen blokes abroad years ago working on the roads in bare feet. My feet are too flat for that I think.

Seen blokes pulling rickshaws in bare feet in Calcutta about 30 years ago,the pavements and roads were scorching,the soles of their feet must have been rock hard calloused skin.

2 hours ago, jeemes said:

I seen blokes abroad years ago working on the roads in bare feet. My feet are too flat for that I think.

Only 15 or so years ago seen guys working on the roads in the pyrenees...Andorra area  in bare feet

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Seen blokes pulling rickshaws in bare feet in Calcutta about 30 years ago,the pavements and roads were scorching,the soles of their feet must have been rock hard calloused skin.

The human body is amazing how it can adapt 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

The human body is amazing how it can adapt 

It’s not adapting it’s how nature intended, your feet are designed to spread and flex as you take steps, shoes stop that from happening and cause problems especially if you were silly enough to fall off a roof and smash your foot up, I never new anything about the benefits before it just got painful wearing shoes so I spent less time in them 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s not adapting it’s how nature intended, your feet are designed to spread and flex as you take steps, shoes stop that from happening and cause problems especially if you were silly enough to fall off a roof and smash your foot up, I never new anything about the benefits before it just got painful wearing shoes so I spent less time in them 

Interesting,  thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

I had persitant planter faciitis a few years ago . Wisdom was that bare feet and thin soles were to be avoided due to lack of support and impact damage. I was pretty good at doing the prescribed exercises but nothing really worked particularly well. I took  a break from my cross country runs with the dog but that made no difference either. 

I guess the causes vary.

After a walking holiday during which l covered miles every day and didn't drive l was fine .  

I worked out that , in my case   , too much driving during the wasp nest season  was the likely cause due to having my feet at the wrong angle for long periods. Thus shortening the tendons running from the back of my legs to under my feet. 

Sleeping down the bed so that the soles of my feet were pressed against the footboard helped a lot .

Going barefooted or wearing thin soled shoes , even for running   bucks conventional wisdom but works for me as it keeps the feet at right angles to my legs.

Gel insoles in  work boots when l have to wear them have become standard fittings too .

I still have occasional twinges but thankfully the days of getting out of bed and staggering about like an extra in Planet of the Apes film for the first half hour of the day are past.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

The bloke who did that video is the same one who made the video which encouraged me to go for the vivobarefoot tracker forest esc. Comfiest boots I've ever had. Not worn them through the winter yet so it'll be interesting to see how they do. 

Not sure if I'm hoping they manage the bad weather or not as I miss my lundhags a bit.

• Like 1
On 13/08/2023 at 14:47, jukel123 said:

Too hardcore for me that. I had Plantar F. I started to wear Sorbothane insoles 35 years ago. They block most of the impact when walking and running. I can still jog at 73. A physio said I had protected my feet a lot by wearing Sorbothane.

Just wonderd which sorbothane insoles you use , im looking for some for my works trainers 

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2023 at 23:56, Leo Sayer said:

Fook that sh1t ! Shoes all day for this kid ! I've actually stopped wearing boots. And these days wear trail running shoes for everything. 

Just made an appointment with Bioped for custom made arch supports for new boots,and a Laotian massage.

42 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just made an appointment with Bioped for custom made arch supports for new boots,and a Laotian massage.

Yeah of course you have ,I've just  put a Chicago Town pepperoni in the mic , ready for emerdale, in grown toe nails, gout ,I'd rather cut em off and get some blades ,runners, cyclists,can't decide who are the most annoying cutns ?? 

• Haha 1