Cucumber shortage !!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The media are a fckin virus 

Dear God, I've just heard that Lidl is limiting me to only buy THREE cucumbers at a time ! What will I do if Charles and Camilla call by for tea ? No cucumber sandwiches, ( with the crusts cut of

I was chatting to the bloke in the local farm shop on Saturday plenty of tomatoes and cucumber on sale. He said its the supermarkets refusing to pay the price from the supplier, they then create "a sh

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, paulus said:

There was a story the other day in the local press that a women had been stopped from buying 100 cucumbers from her local Lidl store. I only had one question. WHY the f**k would anyone want 100 cucumbers??? 

They dont even serve cucumbers at the Palace Garden Parties, The last one i went to was curried Egg and it was as shit as it sounds Lol.

She had a juice bar and it was cheaper to get them from lidls than a wholesale place apparently ?

I was chatting to the bloke in the local farm shop on Saturday plenty of tomatoes and cucumber on sale. He said its the supermarkets refusing to pay the price from the supplier, they then create "a shortage scenario" giving them the opportunity to put the price up. The suppliers have a shit load of stock they cant get rid of so cave in, supermarkets keep the price at the inflated "shortage level" making even more profit off the supplier and the consumer.

Morale of the story, fcuk the supermarkets support your local farm shop.     

• Like 6

Morrisons had Tomato's but they where  hard as f**k and not really ripe. Ask Wifey to see if she could get some from the market stall as she works opposite. No problem nice ripe tomatoes fo 3/4 of a pound 76p.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do like cucumber in a salmon sandwich. 

But, if the vegetable armageddon has happened round the shop today, I'll pop in the chippy where I'm working later.

You know the dance kidder 

Potato shortage, so make do with a big old bag of chips

• Like 1