£7,000,000 a day.

6 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

Why wouldn't they? As long as they meet certain criteria they would be allowed in to fill any of the labour market.

Clearly Brits aren't doing the jobs or else there wouldn't be shortages, let's be honest, the only reason they are here is because it benefits the economy, there's no other sensible explanation for migration.

I don't see that to be honest, Syrians, Afghans, albanians make up the majority of the boats occupants, I honestly know albanians at 50-60% of the boats occupants arent coming here to benefit the UK's economy, I met one last week, his job is selling fake yeezy 350's from the boot of his merc, been here a few years and hasn't worked since he arrived in the back of a truck, I am just a cynic, but my cynicism is based on personal experience,but I also read the daily mail ?

Edited by mackem

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That photo of the police taking the knee is the most cringiest thing I’ve seen

Blair is a traitorous murderer and should have been held accountable for his actions years ago

Is your experience of working in London like your experience of lurchers, Japanese fighting dogs, owning akitas, police bred GSDs and now a pair of patterdales, imaginary?

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

Low skilled labour jobs are which most of the migrant workforce make up.

We have to aim for an economic situation where people can afford to live doing those very jobs. One of the biggest expenses is accomodation and rent, one of the things driving that expense is mass immigration. Why rent to a small family at 450 quid a month when you can have 8 foreigners paying 450 each. 

I think you know this though.

Nobody is against limited immigration.

Most sane people are against mass uncontrolled immigration of between 1-3 cities worth of people a year .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

I'm not talking about these asylum seekers, we were discussing EU nationals?

No, the thread is about the boat people, you were on about EU, I just said points-based or valuable skills let them apply alongside everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

There just seems a reluctance to deal with the problem at the source.. 

You can't tell.me we can fund a war in Ukraine yet we can't secure our borders!

This is happening in plain sight, a certain level of migration should be expecting in any country, we have as a nation migrated all over the world to improve our own lives... but this uncontrolled and mass migration will eventually change this country forever, if not already! 

There must be an agenda, there must be those in power benefitting, this is ran by a group of blokes with blow up dinghies ffs... so we can aid against putin but can't stop this at source! Mental

Up and down the country theres warehouses and factories going up left right and center , all need staffing up  with cheap labour .All ready were  starting to see an influx of Albanians working at our place  

I honestly think this was the tory plan at the start but then the immigrants started crossing in boats and the whole thing got out of hand for them 

• Like 1
Just now, FairLaw said:

Ok, what points system do you suggest?

Have a look at the Australian model, look at Canada, or the states or new Zealand skill needs requirements, something along that framework,I am not a politician but I am fully aware of how many hoops need jumping through for a skilled migrant,your not greb are you? 

• Like 1
Just now, FairLaw said:

So again, who fills the positions when there's shortages of low skilled workers, the same Brits that have left a lot of unfilled vacancies?

There's unemployed brits, I haven't the answers, I am not paid to deal with the problems or solve the issues, but here's the UK skills shortage list,you are greb, I recognise the pattern ?

• Like 2

When the next General Election comes along, before you vote, just remember that Labour are screaming for the Home Secretary to be sacked for calling the tens of thousands who are illegally entering the country an "invasion", which it exactly is ! And Labour would welcome them all with open arms !

But don't think the Tory's are much better......they've been in power for 12 years and the problem is getting much worse. They talk tough but do nothing about it !

I won't vote for any of the mainstream parties, they now range from centre left to far left, there are no right wing parties in Parliament now.

I'll probably vote Reform if they are standing a candidate in my area, if not, I'll vote for an independent who's views are most like mine.

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Just now, FairLaw said:

Some solution that, I very much doubt big businesses would enjoy seeing their profits cut due to unemployed Brits failing to fill vacancies 

That’s why we employ politicians,as I said I don’t have the answers,that’s for those in Westminster to figure out,but on that skills list I don’t see chancer polish builders or costa coffee workers,if they are so in demand points base the positions,level entry field then.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s simple really ain’t it, the difference between wages of the unskilled worker and benefits needs to be enough of a difference to make most of the work shy native folk in this country get off there arsed an go earn a coin rather than sat on free hand outs, or else we would all have to go without certain things, I don’t see a need for so many coffee shops an stuff anyways tbh. But there needs to be some incentive for folk to want to work, otherwise we just letting more folk in who soon catch on its easier to sit sn collect benefits than do the jobs the lazy folk born here don’t want to do 

Fcuk I’m an expert in nowt, not like some you cnuts that know it all about everythjng. Yet even I can see that’s the problem here ?

If you are unwilling to invest in your own people and nation then you are promoting and supporting globalism it really is that simple......all this focus on illegal immigration to Uk yet its a drop in the ocean compared to LEGAL migration that we no longer even bat an eyelid to.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s simple really ain’t it, the difference between wages of the unskilled worker and benefits needs to be enough of a difference to make most of the work shy native folk in this country get off there arses an go earn a coin rather than sat on free hand outs, or else we would all have to go without certain things, I don’t see a need for so many coffee shops an stuff anyways tbh. But there needs to be some incentive for folk to want to work, otherwise we just letting more folk in who soon catch on its easier to sit sn collect benefits than do the jobs the lazy folk born here don’t want to do 

Fcuk I’m an expert in nowt, not like some you cnuts that know it all about everythjng. Yet even I can see that’s the problem here ?

All these coffee shops round my way are full of foreign twats with no intention of working… if it wasn’t for them tossin about all day they’d go bust and sports direct would be shut down

1 hour ago, FairLaw said:

Another one is that immigration drives down wages, most sources state this is minimal.

As long as migration brings economic growth then the government won't budge on it?

Does anyone really believe that our government is happy about the vast quantities of illegal migrants reaching our shores, it clearly isn't a simple task to move them on.

Mass uncontrolled immigration does push down wages. As a wagon driver I saw it happen when the market was suddenly flooded by EU drivers. But then I didn't say it did push down wages ......my point was it pushes up living costs as low wages workers can't afford anywhere to live while living in a proper family unit to a living standard we have been taught to expect.

Agree on your second point, no government won't budge. We have an economy based on eternal growth powered by immigration, building and debt. That doesn't mean it's a good thing...

Third point..... What government wants or any MP wants doesn't matter. It's what the 'markets' want that matters now. As illustrated by the destruction of truss and her government form the minute she was elected, even before she announced policy. And from the relaxing of the markets and the support of rishi, from the minute he was elected, even before he announced policy.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, FairLaw said:

That's just not possible for low skilled workers, I mean how much do factory workers expect?

If these places don't reach their job quotas than migrants are a sure way to fix that particular problem.

That's what you are struggling to get your head around.

Government and business only care about one thing, ££££.

In most cases what's best for business is usually best for Britain.

Again,you either want to help and support your own people in your own smallish nation......or you want to help and support people who are not your own in a huge global nation......we was doing just fine before we decided to start hating ourselves ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Which reports say the stagnation of wages is minimal? It's basic economics - you increase the supply of labour and you can decrease the rate of wages. Less cheap labour and wages will rise to attract more people to higher paying jobs. Cheap labour does not add much to the tax revenues or public services as they pay the lowest levels of tax.

Britain has some of the lowest productivity levels in the Western world. This is due to companies using cheap labour instead of investing in new modern equipment and machinery. I have some recent experience of this working in a factory making a high end product. I expected this would be fully automated production lines inside. Instead nearly every thing is built using manually operated machines and tools. The likely reason is a lack of capital investment to modernise the lines as they can rely on cheap labour instead.

In just about every town and village I drive past there are new housing estates popping up. I know the indigenous population of this country is pretty stable. Who are all these houses for? I don't want to see the countryside and farmland getting continually torn up to build over them, and there's enough cars on the roads without adding even more.

Britain has about the highest population density in Europe. When is enough enough? Isn't time we declared that the country full up?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1