Unusual dog breed nowadays.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My ex Mrs's family had Lancashire heelers. First time I met her mum I picked one up, had it under my arm stroking it, like you do I just tipped it forward and dropped it expecting it to jump to the fl

Found a couple 

Just been chatting to my mate in the UK, he has just got an Otter Hound in the boarding kennel, the first one he has ever seen, there's less Otter hound left in the world than there are giant panda in

Posted Images

Manchester terriers are another one  that you don't see many of, but have noticed around here more and more people are now buying guard type dogs instead of the smaller breads , nice to see a few Dobermans knocking about 

• Like 2

always liked the look of the pharoh hound...lad I know imported 2 ,20 yrs back ...f***ing horrible sketchy sly biting cnuts ..when my kids have left,and the 6 dogs I have here are gone,I'd like another English bull terrier or a presa,had a cracker or 2 before I met the Mrs,bumped into a gentleman few weeks back had a stunning tri coloured bitch...he got it  from the dog pound,was a proper specimen ?

If I ever pack in the hunting and my dogs go,I'd like a pit,a bitch game bred,from battle bred parents,their way steadier and less chance of turning nasty on folk,once you know how to bring them on,they make super companion dogs and very intelligent 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

always liked the look of the pharoh hound...lad I know imported 2 ,20 yrs back ...f***ing horrible sketchy sly biting cnuts ..when my kids have left,and the 6 dogs I have here are gone,I'd like another English bull terrier or a presa,had a cracker or 2 before I met the Mrs,bumped into a gentleman few weeks back had a stunning tri coloured bitch...he got it  from the dog pound,was a proper specimen ?

Done a ratting job on a small chicken farm about 15 years back, they had 2 pharaoh hounds, first time id seen one...smart looking things, the couple  ended up taking my mates old lurcher when he retired him, spent the rest of his days on a sofa with 2 useless foreign hounds as company...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Done a ratting job on a small chicken farm about 15 years back, they had 2 pharaoh hounds, first time id seen one...smart looking things, the couple  ended up taking my mates old lurcher when he retired him, spent the rest of his days on a sofa with 2 useless foreign hounds as company...lol

I met an Ibizan hound bitch recently. When I asked the owner what it was like she said it was her husband who wanted it and that, when they researched the breed, they were warned about recall...the husband now hardly takes it out and the poor woman (and poor dog) said she usually keeps it on the lead as it's not 100% reliable to come back.

26 minutes ago, Neal said:

I met an Ibizan hound bitch recently. When I asked the owner what it was like she said it was her husband who wanted it and that, when they researched the breed, they were warned about recall...the husband now hardly takes it out and the poor woman (and poor dog) said she usually keeps it on the lead as it's not 100% reliable to come back.

Think was the same for these, they never left the house all day when we were there, I think they liked to do a runner!

My mates lurcher they took on at around 10, was a cracking dog and they doted on it... at least they could walk him and let him off the lead..

A bloke I know is a kc Pharaoh hound judge and I once bumped into him talking to a lady who had a stu ning Pharaoh on a lead. I asked him if they could catch rabbits, of course they could, was his answer and proceded to lecture me about how good the breed was at hunting. The lady with him said nothing. I bumped into her a few weeks later, she remembered me and told me the dog couldn't catch a rabbit in a telephone box and, when let off a lead would either do nothing, or run itself into a state of collapse. Either way, the dog wouldn't ever come back and she faced miles of lead walking every day to keep it in show shape! I told her she'd be better off with a track greyhound, and maybe win some money back..!!

He's a helmet and so are the hounds he judges...

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

one of my neighbour's has 2 of them,big old units Pete?

also got a couple of Prague terriers little black and tan things.

It wad a good size dog I thought it was a cross of a poodle and snouzer or something like that it was a nice dog,I never heard of them before