Unusual dog breed nowadays.

Just been chatting to my mate in the UK, he has just got an Otter Hound in the boarding kennel, the first one he has ever seen, there's less Otter hound left in the world than there are giant panda in the wild. 

Screenshot_20220705_083854.jpg

Screenshot_20220705_083835.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My ex Mrs's family had Lancashire heelers. First time I met her mum I picked one up, had it under my arm stroking it, like you do I just tipped it forward and dropped it expecting it to jump to the fl

Found a couple 

Just been chatting to my mate in the UK, he has just got an Otter Hound in the boarding kennel, the first one he has ever seen, there's less Otter hound left in the world than there are giant panda in

Posted Images

Wow... Rare as rockinghorse shite.

Though I'm sure that'd be a kc one and not 'directly' bred from former working stock.

I always wonder how the kc hounds (fox, harrier etc) would react if they were in a pack. Would their instincts make them happier if they were so, or do humans just take that roll.. ? 

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Wow... Rare as rockinghorse shite.

I have never seen one, that's why he sent me the pics, beautiful looking dog ?

On the subject or rare working breeds, I was in Cobham High Street once, I actually stopped a bloke to enquire about his dog, he said I was the first person to ever recognise it as a dandy dinmont ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mackem said:

On the subject or rare working breeds, I was in Cobham High Street once, I actually stopped a bloke to enquire about his dog, he said I was the first person to ever recognise it as a dandy dinmont ?

It's always good when you can pick out summat rare. Seen a couple of Dandy Dinmonts and would love to see one doing a bit of ratting....

3 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

It's always good when you can pick out summat rare. Seen a couple of Dandy Dinmonts and would love to see one doing a bit of ratting....

I had never seen one until I saw the guy walking that little dog, then I remembered reading about them in a plummer book and I clicked on what it was ?

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I had the same here recently with a bloke walking a Glen of imaal who was shocked I knew what it was.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, gnipper said:

I had the same here recently with a bloke walking a Glen of imaal who was shocked I knew what it was.

I haven't seen one of those either, but sure I would recognise one in the flesh. 

There's a pack of minkies on the south coast that has a lot of otter hounds though there's some retired foxhounds mixed in. This is the only pic I can find at the minute. 

Can probably arrange a day with them on the Saturday before the fishing comp if anyone is interested. (yeah I know I've said that for 5 years but this year will be different ?

IMG_20220705_161308.jpg

• Like 1

The new forest had a famous line of Welsh in them from a hound called medig (sic). Most of their hounds have gone back to a Welsh pack this year I believe as they have turned to bloodhounds 

• Like 1

There's a woman who lives on a barge near me has 2 or at least she moors up here regularly if I see her with them again I'll get a pic if it's OK with her.im sure that solicitor clives reece used to hunt a pack of otter hounds in South Wales he used to advertise in cmw as a hunting solicitor 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Welsh Hound and Foxhound, from the Braes 'o Derwent;

IMG_0102.JPG.a38d8dd836cd39a706f92ed57873614f.JPG

Welsh Hound and Foxhound from the Morpeth;

FullSizeRender.jpg.b14d5460ef3e79cbcd3b5679ba6932b1.jpg

Good to still see a few Welsh working. ?

Cheers.

Dungannon Foxhounds had a good few decent Welsh in it. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1