Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Absolutely mate!

Mac.. put a link up when you've got a minute please for that big hike you're doing in Italy next year. I'll have a proper nosey at it... cheers.

It’s not really a big hike mate,to be honest it’s just a decent walk,I was in Switzerland twice earlier this year and both times I did a short section when I had a spare day,it’s roughly 165-170 kilometres taking in a loop through France,Italy and Switzerland,I do around 17 km a day currently,did 22 km one day last week along a river,done high altitude trekking in the past so it will be quite enjoyable to spend time alone on the trail.

68E5429C-BBE9-4299-981D-2D5DB553D17D.jpeg

7EB99BD1-1E9D-47ED-9DE4-A52C8C214333.jpeg

3BE6BF3C-9ABB-42E0-B5AC-282E14496181.jpeg

4EA2F526-8AF6-495F-847F-3831719970D7.jpeg

B7263A7D-5AFA-4D5F-A543-DD27B29CF107.jpeg

FE972D8B-1521-4D5C-AC23-F85438D07F63.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mackem said:

It’s not really a big hike mate,to be honest it’s just a decent walk,I was in Switzerland twice earlier this year and both times I did a short section when I had a spare day,it’s roughly 165-170 kilometres taking in a loop through France,Italy and Switzerland,I do around 17 km a day currently,did 22 km one day last week along a river,done high altitude trekking in the past so it will be quite enjoyable to spend time alone on the trail.

68E5429C-BBE9-4299-981D-2D5DB553D17D.jpeg

7EB99BD1-1E9D-47ED-9DE4-A52C8C214333.jpeg

3BE6BF3C-9ABB-42E0-B5AC-282E14496181.jpeg

4EA2F526-8AF6-495F-847F-3831719970D7.jpeg

B7263A7D-5AFA-4D5F-A543-DD27B29CF107.jpeg

FE972D8B-1521-4D5C-AC23-F85438D07F63.jpeg

Fair play to you mate.. that looks absolutely stunning scenery. 105 miles in owd vonga is still a decent yomp and then there will be some elevation included in that too. I know you mentioned getting a tent. Are you planning on camping the whole route or mixing it with the odd night of luxury and some nice food?? Lol..

• Like 1

I know you mentioned getting a tent. Are you planning on camping the whole route or mixing it with the odd night of luxury and some nice food?? Lol..

When I did the bits of the route earlier in the year I decided to camp,I don’t want to be tied into being at certain hotels/lodges on certain dates,for me that’s a bit too rigid I like my freedom and flexibility to go where I like when I like,and there’s side valleys to wander up if I want.Food,well,the lodges on the route will pack you a decent meal to carry,quite looking forward to it to be honest,get up just below the snow line and sit with my thoughts for a while,I always do that.

B4E28F01-6FCF-4A60-A35B-FEBF9D951B66.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, mackem said:

When I did the bits of the route earlier in the year I decided to camp,I don’t want to be tied into being at certain hotels/lodges on certain dates,for me that’s a bit too rigid I like my freedom and flexibility to go where I like when I like,and there’s side valleys to wander up if I want.Food,well,the lodges on the route will pack you a decent meal to carry,quite looking forward to it to be honest,get up just below the snow line and sit with my thoughts for a while,I always do that.

B4E28F01-6FCF-4A60-A35B-FEBF9D951B66.jpeg

Proper living that is Mac!! I'll look forward to you going and see the pics and hear how you get on ect. Let me know if you bump into a couple of lesbians with Nottinghamshire accents fannying about on mountain bikes too please whilst you're out there!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was searching on YouTube looking for camp spot ideas in Derbyshire a while back and came across this video. I flicked through the comments as I usually do whilst it was playing and noticed some 'strange goings on' mentioned at a spot on Bleaklow by a fellow camping YouTuber which was acknowledged by the guy( Chris JB) who's video i was watching.  Obviously I wanted to know what these strange goings on were so I made a comment to both guys asking the question.. which they never replied! I've since deleted my comments. Anyone got any ideas what they are referring to?? Both these fellas are very experienced campers and well up on wildlife knowledge as far as I can tell..

It's a head scratcher and I need to find out!! Lol...

Screenshot_20230829_190405_YouTube.jpg.acde72ea9fe3470fc9ded6cbaf6f1975.jpg

Below is the chap who's video it was.. as he says.. he's heard about these strange goings on so something must be known about whatever it is they're referring to with the wild camping circles..

Screenshot_20230829_190446_YouTube.jpg.e28171c59c5593f30f66c0392a1486b8.jpg

The actual vide if anyone is interested..

Any ideas folks??

• Like 4

I was searching on YouTube looking for camp spot ideas in Derbyshire a while back and came across this video. I flicked through the comments as I usually do whilst it was playing and noticed some 'strange goings on' mentioned at a spot on Bleaklow by a fellow camping YouTuber which was acknowledged by the guy( Chris JB) who's video i was watching.  Obviously I wanted to know what these strange goings on were so I made a comment to both guys asking the question.. which they never replied! I've since deleted my comments. Anyone got any ideas what they are referring to?? Both these fellas are very experienced campers and well up on wildlife knowledge as far as I can tell..

Below is the chap who's video it was.. as he says.. he's heard about these strange goings on so something must be known about whatever it is they're referring to with the wild camping circles..

Any ideas folks??

Ever seen or heard anything when you have been there?

10 minutes ago, mackem said:

Ever seen or heard anything when you have been there?

No mate. I've never camped on the Bleaklow side mind. It's probably just some supernatural stuff going on.. aliens.. ghosts or perhaps a few Satanists doing a bit of a sacrifice and making a night of it.. or could even be a big cat or two knocking about! Did I just say that?!!🤣 Honestly.. I've no idea!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bush Rummager said:

No mate. I've never camped on the Bleaklow side mind. It's probably just some supernatural stuff going on.. aliens.. ghosts or perhaps a few Satanists doing a bit of a sacrifice and making a night of it.. or could even be a big cat or two knocking about! Did I just say that?!!🤣 Honestly.. I've no idea!

My initial thought was Wicca or paganisms,lots of noises in the dark can be misconstrued to some if they have an overactive imagination,I wonder why neither responded to you.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mackem said:

My initial thought was Wicca or paganisms,lots of noises in the dark can be misconstrued to some if they have an overactive imagination,I wonder why neither responded to you.

Yes.. good shout that Mac! Must be a topic they don't want to discuss in public for whatever reason but if so why mention it in the comments?!

• Like 1
Just now, Bush Rummager said:

Yes.. good shout that Mac! Must be a topic they don't want to discuss in public for whatever reason but if so why mention it in the comments?!

I only thought pagan or Wicca because it’s a high point,there’s stones,maybe such people are drawn to the spot?Maybe they are uncomfortable with whatever they experienced,or embarrassed (maybe brokeback mountain camping shenanigans?),the only ones who really know are they themselves I guess?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Any ideas folks??

11 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Yes you did say that, and if so people don’t like to say it because of the response you have seen from a select few on here it’s magnified to a bigger audience, I don’t know much about the Pennines, but no of a couple of big cat releases there late 70s early 80s at a place called snake pass if that helps, if its people like pagans etc the first thing they normally do is light a big bonfire so not hard to identify, I have came across a few groups in the middle of the night dancing round fires but it’s not very mysterious just skirt round them as they are pretty oblivious to anything 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Any ideas folks??

Thanks for posting that mate spent some happy times up there with the dog's must be 16 years since i was up there.

• Like 2