Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

On 24/07/2023 at 06:15, vfr400boy said:

I got an OEX sleeping mat a few years ago now only cheep but it's been very good I can't falt it at all , 

Screenshot_20230724_061342_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks tidy that mate. Do you know it's R value at all?? I've just packed to get out tomorrow and left my foil under matt out of the pack. My ul80 is rated at 1.6 which isnt too great I understand at keeping the cold from the ground getting to you. The foil matt has worked really well to be fair but I assuming the ground will have warmed up enough by now seeing as we're almost in August!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Looks tidy that mate. Do you know it's R value at all?? I've just packed to get out tomorrow and left my foil under matt out of the pack. My ul80 is rated at 1.6 which isnt too great I understand at keeping the cold from the ground getting to you. The foil matt has worked really well to be fair but I assuming the ground will have warmed up enough by now seeing as we're almost in August!

We're you off bush ? 

4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

We're you off bush ? 

Back up on Kinder mate. Probably along north edge, Seal stones or somewhere.

I know it's late but on the off chance you fancy it drop me line matey..

Edited by Bush Rummager
9 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Back up on Kinder mate. Probably along north edge, Seal stones or somewhere.

I know it's late but on the off chance you fancy it drop me line matey..

Cheers for that, am actually working as we do a few outside events to set up and collect the morning after so for the past month I've been mowed out in work all weekends, hence not been out myself. But I will in the future mate.  Cheers

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Cheers for that, am actually working as we do a few outside events to set up and collect the morning after so for the past month I've been mowed out in work all weekends, hence not been out myself. But I will in the future mate.  Cheers

Righto matey.

If you change your mind last minute.. I'm just here!!

20230728_182646.jpg.f464ccc86740bdccac28a1627e270444.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Not a clue it was just recommended to me buy a friend sorry , 

• Like 1

Just going back to the camp I had on my own week ago last Saturday. Started really well. Nice, but hard walk out. Hot, steep and plenty of files doing their best to p@ss me off!. Even though I knew how to get to where I'd got in mind, I used the Komoot app to plan a route and it suggested using some trails I'd not walked before so seen that as a positive. Screenshot_20230803_171418_Komoot.jpg.0e7258865fb64b45d0ca6d47a2aa98ff.jpgScreenshot_20230803_171512_Komoot.jpg.028840c37ef2280e995c5382a6b23430.jpg

I found a YouTube video of someone camping in the same spot so I nicked a screen shot of his drone footage. Nice little spot to be fair, about as good as you'll get along the north edge of Kinder Scout..

Screenshot_20230805_181651_YouTube.jpg.ec1cb0d792dd0359d9b1b6687326a31b.jpg

• Like 1

Yes.. it was all going well until about 11:30 that night. I was out round the other side of the rock with my head torch off, goofing out at a cluster of lights in the distance trying to work out where they where. I turned around and took a step and fell straight down a f@@king hole. Rolled my left ankle..  I actually heard the ligaments rip when it went! Crawled back to the tent to have a look. I honestly didn't know what I was going to see.. it was f@@king painful I don't mind admitting!!

20230729_041615.jpg.a3ca701a015ca9fc9866b4fded79748c.jpg20230729_043012.jpg.8c8662b7d8fa1f5ff1f8b8ab31cf2c9a.jpg

I managed a few hrs kip but started packing up at 4:30 am and I was hobling along an inch at a time at 5:30. God knows how I made it back over that terrain with a bolloxed ankle and a massive pack to carry. Should have been an hour and half walk.. took me 4 and a half. I took a wrong turn following a sheep trail which didn't help lol!! I went over once doing down a rocky bit and I could feel the bones grinding in my ankle! Nice eh!! I rang my Mrs when I guessed I was an hour away from the car and she got a lift through to Edale to drive home via A&E.  She bollocked me for not phoning her for help.. I said I just have!! Lol.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
20 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Aye!! I'm hoping I'll be back a week today so just the 2 weeks off. See how it goes mate. I feel hard to being off for 2 weeks and the weather has been shite!!

Hope you’re better soon mate 

• Thanks 1