Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Earlier in this thread I posted a few pic of a swb transit am doing up, not into a full blown camper. But comfy enough for me and dog to get away in. Anyway last night had a little trip away it too find my feet in it and see what works and what doesn't,  inside of van is nearly done. Just want alloys off road tyres and light bar, possible roof rack and roof box . A few pics 

20230409_170724.jpg

20230409_162506.jpg

20230409_162450.jpg

20230409_161841.jpg

Looks just the job that mate! I'd love a similar setup to that for me and the Mr's for when we're retired or semi retired or even sooner when the daughters are a bit more independent. She's having none of it at the moment though.. wants nothing less than fully serviced campsites unfortunately. She's very negative initially to anything I suggest so I'll just keep chipping away at her.. usually get there in the end!! Lol..

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Earlier in this thread I posted a few pic of a swb transit am doing up, not into a full blown camper. But comfy enough for me and dog to get away in. Anyway last night had a little trip away it too find my feet in it and see what works and what doesn't,  inside of van is nearly done. Just want alloys off road tyres and light bar, possible roof rack and roof box . A few pics 

20230409_170724.jpg

20230409_162506.jpg

20230409_162450.jpg

20230409_161841.jpg

looks spot on that?did you turn the wood and make that coffee mug yourself??

5 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

20230409_170724.jpg

20230409_162506.jpg

20230409_162450.jpg

20230409_161841.jpg

That's the life mate 

Seeing some canny car and van conversions about, they're popular now 

Is there any mention of offliners and, or call out videos in that book, references to people being the king of dog shit, or the burger king etc?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

That's the life mate 

Seeing some canny car and van conversions about, they're popular now 

Is there any mention of offliners and, or call out videos in that book, references to people being the king of dog shit, or the burger king etc?

I don't think so mate it's a true story of a fella that crossed them and lost everything. 

And yeah some canny off grid conversions about. Mines just basic , got a sink running water and lights and leisure battery . A fixed single bed which doubles as a sofa in the day and a removable table that clips to inside of back door when not in use. No campsites for me , just off the beaten track roads lay bys and pull off on top of the moor roads ect were I can. I did origanely have a fixed double cooker , but took it out as to bulky so I could get better use of work top space. And now just cook on my wild camping gear , jet boil , trianga, outside on fire pit or firebox ect.  Am just thinking of making an awning for it using my DD tarp with some tarp poles off fleabay and magnets to attach. Am just got put some general grabber off road tyres and alloys on it, and possible roof rack and too box. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing really.. but me and soft lad did a "dry run" and put the tents up a few days back. He lives in a flat so came to me. Pretty straight forward as expected to be fair. His inner came separate so now that is fastened in he can leave the inner and outer together so saves faffing when we actually get out.

My Helm 2. Very pleased with it.. glad I went with the 2 for a bit of extra room.

IMG-20230417-WA0007.jpg.78afcc6ac8ddbdda68a93da06f6564ca.jpg

Tackleberry's Vano mirage I think it is. Also a 2 manner.

IMG-20230417-WA0008.jpg.55276b7caa449555134dcdf3b7ead9b8.jpg

Penciled in next Friday for the maiden voyage!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Bush RummagerI’m super happy with the Enan mate, mega easy/quick to pitch and masses of space in the porch/vestibule area… 

Where you heading for your 1st outing on Friday ??? (Word of warning - take extra warm layers/thin down jacket as my camp was mega cold when the sun dropped - I’ve had warmer winter camps).. 

The tent looks well mate and superb choice with the Helm 2… 

Look forward to the write up and photos of the debut camp.

• Like 1
On 20/04/2023 at 21:15, white van man said:

Spot on that. Looks a decent place for a walk about too. 

Could walk the Cheviots and Northumberland hills for days and not see a soul, you’d see many wild goats, Roe and Hares though…

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

@Bush RummagerI’m super happy with the Enan mate, mega easy/quick to pitch and masses of space in the porch/vestibule area… 

Where you heading for your 1st outing on Friday ??? (Word of warning - take extra warm layers/thin down jacket as my camp was mega cold when the sun dropped - I’ve had warmer winter camps).. 

The tent looks well mate and superb choice with the Helm 2… 

Look forward to the write up and photos of the debut camp.

Good stuff that pal.. glad you're pleased with the new tent! I'll be camping up on Kinder Scout mate in Derbyshire. Know it fairly well but not sure exactly where we'll be pitching. I've got a good 5/6 spots in mind and will just check them out as we go around until we find a spot that we're happy with. Good advice on the layers and temperatures thanks.. I'll take my big dressing gown with me!! Lol..?

• Like 2